“Delicious Food and a Great Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vassar, Michigan
“Delicious Food and a Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to the Willow Tree on four seperate occations, enjoying both lunch and dinner. I have been impressed all four times. The food is always done well with taste being top notch. The service has always been impressive. This is a great restaurant, something Saginaw was lacking until now.

• Visited February 2013

59% Recommend
Saginaw, Michigan
“My evaluation !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food was good but the service is not the best. We always seen to get the bad server of the week and food is very pricey for the mall atmosphere. On the upside we love the westbranch restaurant, it has always been impeccable.

Visited January 2013
Midland, Michigan
“Consistently great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Took my wife out for a birthday dinner Sunday night and had a great dinner and desert. We are repeat customers and have never been disappointed. The 13 for $13 special is hard to beat for such great food and service. The apple purse and their amazing coffee topped it off.

• Visited February 2013
Michigan
“Best Ribs ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband is a rib expert, or so he thinks lol....
He loved the bar-b-que ribs at the Willow Tree in Saginaw, MI. He said they were the best ribs he's ever eaten. He's pretty picky so this review of the Willow Tree has a lot of clout in my book. I had the $13.00 Pecan crusted Chicken breast and it was heavenly! The dinners are on the pricey side, but if you go before 6pm and order from the Johnny Burke $13.00 menu, it's a real bargin with about 8-10 entree choices. Nice attmostphere, great wait staff. I'm not real crazy about the hugh tables. Not easy to slide around in the table booths as some are (the one we had) half circles. Maybe if I were in my 20's....but not easy to manuver for us older folks. . Would we go back,,,,,YOU BET!!!

• Visited November 2012
Bay City, Michigan
“Good food, excellent service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife enjoyed a "date night" dinner at the Willow Tree on a Friday night in early December. Although we had a 6:30pm reservation, it would not have been needed.

Our server Josh showed a fantastic knowledge of the menu, flawlessly delivering the rather lengthy list of nightly specials. I ordered the half rack of lamb, while my wife ordered veal osso bucco. My cocktail was mixed very well, and my wife ordered a glass of wine from the small, but diversified "by the glass" list (the full wine list is quite extensive). We also shared the zuchinni appetizer.

Entrees were fairly expensive, but the restaurant does have a "13 for $13" menu for early birds.

The texture combinations in the appetizer were nicely done, and my wife enjoyed the cucumber dip with it (not my thing). Entrees arrived in a timely fashion, and were delicious. Our server remained attentive but not overbearing, and his upbeat attitude added to our overall enjoyment of the meal.

Desserts were also delicious -- my wife enjoyed the chocolate ganache cake, while I had the creme brulee.

All in all, we had a very good meal with fantastic service, well worth the expense. We will return!

• Visited December 2012