“Poor rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Saginaw
Monroe, Michigan
“Poor rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Room was not clean and when I told the manager at the front desk he said that I was lying and I can't switch rooms, the breakfast was alright the lady was working by herself and she never put out food on time and was always out in the back smoking.

• Stayed May 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inns & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rapid River
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Well walls aren't good for soundproofing either. We stayed there and apparently the alarm clock in the unoccupied room next to ours was going off solid from 2:00am on beeping.....reported it but it didn't go away. Very poor sound isolation in their walls in general. Breakfast was marginal but tolerable. Rooms had some stains on carpets. Had odors in room too. I stayed here as I typically stay at the Super 8 in Saginaw and thought this to be an upgrade......not so much....Did fill out their survey and got a sorry for your inconvenience.....that is the type of answer that keeps people from ever coming back. MANAGEMENT PLEASE NOTE THAT

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Booked two rooms as part of a reserved block for a special event. When I first called for reservations the man told me he didn't know how and I'd have to call back. On second attempt friendly man helped and assured me we'd have two beds per room. On arrival we found that though we had reserved two nights the second night had been cancelled. I'd think it was my oversight except that it happened to several in our group. The desk worker told us all that was available for second night were king rooms and we'd have to switch rooms during our stay. We were also told we'd have to pay the higher price for the second night..even though the mistake was theirs. The amount wasn't that much but it was the principle of it plus the inconvenience of having to switch rooms in middle of stay. The hotel itself was ok. Breakfast was pretty standard except both the fruit and the yogurt cups were frozen.i

Room Tip: Be sure to check your reservations.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Needed a place to stay for the night due to soccer tournament. Went in with low expectations but hotel was fine for what it was, basic older hotel that has had some remodeling. Rooms were small with two double beds but room was clean and had flat panel television. Breakfast was on the low end of the free continental breakfast fare that all mid level hotels seem to be serving now. Best part about it was location to the soccer fields and the price.

• Stayed May 2014
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is so nice! The staff is friendly, the hot breakfast in the morning is nice. It's location is perfect, very close to the expressway, shopping and Saginaw Valley State University. The beds are soft, comfortable and cozy. There is a microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator in room. Not sure when it was built, but everything looks brand new. Excellent stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lansing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Not a 5-star hotel, but 5-stars for getting exactly what I expected. Clean, comfortable, moderately priced. Great hot breakfast. Nice location just off the highway. Only complaint would be that there was a musty smell in the hallway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I spent one night for my birthday. We were going to frankenmuth and it was the closest hotel because all the other were booked. I would not recommend staying here if you want any sleep. We were put in a room where there vending machines were close by and everyone was in our hallway. Also with the paper thin walls we had to listen to someone's screaming child for hours! Not the peaceful evening I was looking for. I am a pretty reasonable person and I expect some noise but this was just terrible. When you have two adults in a room..please put them away from a family with small children!!!! I wanted to knock on their door and tell them to move. I was awake until 1am. On a good note the staff was friendly. Saginaw is a great area for stores and restaurants. I would just say stay somewhere else. I won't go back! I felt for the other adult couple on the other side of the screaming child room also. I'm sure they were as disappointed as we were! Sorry but this hotel is not on my favorite list!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inns & Suites Saginaw, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. Your comments are valued and will help us prevent situations such as this in the future.

Been to Country Inns & Suites Saginaw? Share your experiences!