“Worth a Repeat Visit, So We Did” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 989-401-4424
Guelph, Canada
“Worth a Repeat Visit, So We Did”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited Harveys this past weekend with a large group and were able to get seated right away. They have a unique menu that allows you to pick from a wide variety of mains and sides to create the meal that you want. I just loved their Ultimate Mac and Cheeze, and paired it with Southwest Talapia on the first night, then paired it with Shrimp on the repeat visit. Everyone in our group loved the food and the presentation and especially the dessert shooters. I would consider Harveys to be more of a Sports Bar than a fine dining place, but the food is good and the restaurant clean and modern. Our waitress on the first night was admittedly brand new, and the service was a little slow as she struggled with the size of our group (14). It didn't stop us from returning the next night when we had a veteran server who handled it all splendidly. I have no first hand experience but my wife tells me that the ladies washroom was a bit of a downer and didn't seem to fit in with the decor of the remainder of the restaurant. It was clean enough, but is apparently in need of some modernization. We visited this restaurant 2 years ago when in Saginaw, and had a great experience, so placed it on our list again for this year. We will no doubt return when next in Saginaw.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saginaw, Michigan
“Well, better than Applebees.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The food here seems to be consistently good. We've been here a few times and my only complaint, which affects the atmosphere and the experience, is that the servers are either not consistently trained or not managed well. Some servers are excellent and some are just there. Went In for a take-out on a weekday and everyone was standing around talking. Was not greeted, they just looked at me. Really?
Food is well seasoned and thoughtfully presented.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanford, Michigan
“EXCELLENT Service & EXCELLENT Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Harvey's is probably one of my favorite restaurants of all time! I've been here with family, with my friends, and with my boyfriend and we come here at least a few times a month. The design of the place is very modern. And I really like restaurants with low lighting and their lighting is low and soft. And it is always clean and smells nice! :]

Now the service. I honestly have never had one bad experience with service here EVER! Since I've been here so much I've had a lot of different servers, but my boyfriend's and I's favorite server was Megan! She was so darn cute and very good at her job. She was prompt, polite, and always had a lovely smile on her face! =D

Finally, the food. I am obsessed with their Thai Glazed Salmon (obsessed is an understatement)! I get it every time I go, and not once have I been disappointed! The entrees are a little on the pricey side, but it is worth it definitely. I have tried almost all the appetizers and they are all delicious! The drink menu is also pretty extensive. Harvey's is known for their martinis and they have a bunch to choose from! Overall, I LOVE Harvey's and I will continue to frequent this lovely restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Midwest, USA
“Just great overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visiting the area from the Chicago area and needing a real meal, not fast food, we decided on Harvey's and very glad we did.

Our server Sara was very professional, extremely accommodating to the smallest of requests and never missed a beat. Food appeared very quickly, beverages refilled at lighting speed but the biggest impression was the quality of the very tasty lunch. Ingredients were top shelf, very fresh and they produced delightfully flavored dishes.

Something for everyone on the menu, a really great place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“nice place but lately service extremely slow esp for LUNCH TIME”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been coming here since it opened...good food but lately they have been extremely slow especially at lunch time.. ..We waited 45 minutes for our lunch...and when it still didn't arrive we left......Waitress kept telling us that it was coming but it never did. I approached manager on the way out and he did "find" our food and boxed it for us but he really did not seem that concerned when I told him at lunch time most people need to get in and out fast........This has been the 2nd time that we had problems at lunch... Will probably not return here......

Visited May 2013