“Bug on bed skirt in room 205” 1 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Georgian Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   31327 Gratiot, Roseville, MI 48066   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Roseville
Wyoming
“Bug on bed skirt in room 205”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Beware of bug problem in room 205, hotel owner/manager swears that what I showed him which was a live little bug on the bed skirt in room 205 he told me that it is an outdoor property and bugs easily go into the rooms, what I saw looked like a bedbug. The room also had peeling paint, not in very good shape. Did not stay in the room for more than five minutes before we left to go find another hotel. We were warned by other parents that were in the Sterling Heights area for the same bowling tournament that the Best Western Georgian Inn as well as two other hotels in the area are ones that when they travel across state are warned not to stay at because they are infested with bedbugs. Stay at your own risk! If you take bedbugs home with you the affordability of staying at this hotel will go out the window with the cost of trying to get rid of bedbugs from your home!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
appleton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel reservation made for me & paid by daughter in law. Daughter in law stopped at hotel prior to my arrival to ensure bill was paid, to give imprint of credit card & sign for bill if needed. Told this was not necessary by Midnight clerk as hotel was already charged thru internet. Upon my arrival I was told they would not release room to me, until my daughter in law came to sign. They had to interrupt her in meeting with her CEO, which she could not leave to come sign. We had to go to manager to resolve issue. Obviously hotel staff not properly trained to understand what needs to occur in such circumstance. Very disappointed that my daughter in law went out of her way to ensure my accommodations were take care of and told all was ok, only later to be told something compeltely different. Not sure if I will return after this 30 minute ordeal on check in

Los Angeles, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice location and set up. Staff friendly and helpful. Very good pool areas and breakfast area. Good sized room with microwave and small refrigerator. Internet speed slow. Our rooms were noisy but on a major street.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place is borderline criminal....I called more than a week in advance to cancel a single night reservation. I looked at my credit card statement a week after the reservation was to take place and discovered they charged my credit card anyway. When I called the girl at the desk told me they do not have any managers working until 4 pm and one would call me back. No manager ever called me back. I waited till 5:30 pm and called the hotel again and was immediately told no managers were available. I was placed on hold for about 30 minutes when a so called manager finally picked up the phone and treated me like a criminal on the phone and was incredibly rude and refused to credit my charge card for a room I never used and was lied to when I originally called to cancel the reservation and I was informed it was canceled and I would not be charged.

Room Tip: do not trust the staff that work here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Venice
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Use this Best Western if you absoulutly need the location. The property is worn and torn. Breakfast is in cramped room and difficult to use. There are other hotels with better amenities close by. The value of the room was not there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Western Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights- everyone we met was already from Michigan- they book rooms to use for cheaper transportation/busing to a concert- less hassle and they can drink...lots of drinkers and smokers. The pool is great - warm and clean. Our room was right across from the CourtYard/Pool- it was loud the first night til about 12:30 am- there is a gazebo outside where people sat all night having a good old time- because the hotel surrounds a pool- everything echos. The 2nd night they were loud again- til 12:30 then another group arrived and sat outside talking til 1:30 am...other than that - our room was okay - nice beds -clean enough- a little dated- like 1970's gold Hollywood glam...free breakfast- basic every morning. perfect location- front desk Staff were young but nice. Probably would stay there again but not near the pool.

Room Tip: Not near the pool or courtyard!
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Outdated-small rooms-bathroom in poor shape- Strange smell in room. Unpleasant Desk clerks. When I called to ask for clean towels( we showered after checking in and needed to get up early the next day before housekeeping came in) I was told no. When I insisted, I had to trade towel for towel in order to get new ones. I am still waiting for manager Rita to call me back. She is not returning phone calls. pathetic.

Room Tip: Get another hotel-
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Georgian Inn? Share your experiences!