“Delightful Surprise - Malek Al Kabob” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Italian
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
“Delightful Surprise - Malek Al Kabob”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ate here for the first time in June 2014. The restaurant is a pleasant surprise of ambience and character for being right off of busy Gratiot road. The waitstaff, especially Mike, was attentive, friendly and was an excellent waiter. As it was my first time - he answered my questions about menu items and checked back often to make sure our food and drinks were satisfactory. Portion sizes are very generous and you will definitely not leave hungry. Great Hummus & Tabbouli with fresh bread! Will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014

“We were in heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The staff was amazing from the time we walked through the door. The food was also wonderful, and amazing. I could barely walk back to the car. Our waiter was on top of everything, and even made sure we had extras of our favorites to take home with us. Wonderful is all I can say about our dining experience here.

Visited June 2014
Sedona, Arizona
“New Owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Olives has changed hands and it is now Malek Al Kabob.
My family and I ate there the first week it opened and everything was wonderful.
There were 5 of us, we all ordered something different and sampled each dish- they were ALL excellent!! The Mjadra, Lamb Kabob and Chicken Saute were my favorites.
The portions were super generous and we took home a lot of leftovers.
Also, the salad was fantastic (chopped lettuce and veggies) - very large with a delicious house dressing.

• Visited August 2013
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I took my mother to Olive’s for a Mother’s Day Eve lunch. She had been there a number of times with friends while it was my first visit. We were seated promptly. The ambiance provides a setting for chatting, catching up with family members, discussing business, etc. with a sense of privacy. In other words, it is perfect for a casual lunch or a special occasion.

The lunch/dinner menu is extensive, offering Lebanese appetizers like Baba Ghanouge, Spinach Pie, Meat Pie, Grape Leaves and Artichoke Lobster Dip. Fresh fruit juices and smoothies are available as well as delicious Lebanese coffee. Fattoush, Taboulee, Greek and Caesar salads are offered, along with Rice Almond salad. Salad Enhancements allow the diner to create their own salad. It would be difficult to not find something to like from the extensive entrees offered with choices of charbroiled or traditionally prepared chops, kafta, kabobs, shawarma, seafood and more. For the more casual meal, burgers, pitas and gyros are featured. Combo plates and sampler plates provide an opportunity to experience several choices.

I ordered crushed lentil soup and a shish kafta pita with hommous added for an additional charge of 1.00. My mother had the lemon rice soup and pecan chicken salad. We were given complimentary pita chips with a red sauce. They were both very good. My mother favors lemon rice soup and enjoyed her generous portion. I really love lentil soup and while Olive’s was good, it is not as flavorful as the lentil soup I’ve had at KouZina in Royal Oak or the crushed lentil Anita’s Kitchen in Ferndale makes. I enjoyed my pita (a more than ample sandwich) and found that Olive’s interpretation of this sandwich differs from others I have tried. Olive’s pitas are darker, smoother, and less bready than traditional pitas and their pickles are darker, thick cut and taste different than others I have tried in Lebanese restaurants. These points are not meant to suggest that I did not love my lunch because I did. I always like an opportunity to try a different variation of foods I like.

Try Olive’s. Sometimes people will say, oh I don’t care for Lebanese food so I don’t want to try this but truly Olive’s can please anyone. Gluten free and nut allergy options are available and menu items can be cooked to order.

Advance reservations can be made through Open Table. Promotional discounts and coupons are available for Olives in Roseville or Sajos of Clinton Township at the website shown in this listing.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best in the area!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Awesome food, excellent atmosphere, GREAT restaurant!!! This is one of the most upscale dining experiences you can find in a 10 mile radius.

• Visited February 2013