“Excellant Hotel for the Price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Roseville
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellant Hotel for the Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel is very clean and I absolutely LOVE that you get that "homey" feel when you are away from home. You are provided with a kitchenette to make your own meals in the convenience of your room. Although my stay was short, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and that it felt like your "home away from home". As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rochester, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Clean room, no leaky faucet. No dirty toliet. Used the blacklight nothing found. The front desk were nice and friendly. The towels could be a little thicker but for the price that you are paying you can't expect a five star hotel type towel. Free wi-fi is a plus. Cool just pick up and go type of continential breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with such friendly service and that you liked having free WiFi as well as our grab-and-go breakfast.

Marine City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Front desk, made me feel like a criminal, they did not communicate with each other, and while there the police were called and it was a very uncomfortable trip to this hotel. We had a room for four, but had service (utensils, etc.) for only three. The silverware and plates and cups did not match and I asked for another serving, and was told no, so we went and purchased suitable utensils and plates for us.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mackinac Island, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I had a family member staying at St Johns Hospital and the social worker gave us a flyer offering a discount to stay at Extended Stay. I called and I mentioned that, she seemed to have no Idea what I talking about. When my family member checked in, they told us we have to book online to get the discount but we also need to call them to tell them we're staying there. Their reservation systems aren't connected? Also they don't take credit cards over the phone. The room was nice and I liked the full kitchen but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your stay wasn't 100% enjoyable. We strive to ensure that our guest have an exceptional stay. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your room and the kitchen was a great amenity to you. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am coaching my team on how to better handle reservations, the check-in process and provide great customer service according to our company standards. Please know, our standard policy is to have guests fill out the credit card authorization form when handling credit cards over the phone for another guest that will be staying in the room. I am sorry this was not offered to you, and will work with my staff to ensure it is moving forward.

I invite you to contact me at ros@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Roseville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been staying here for a couple days now and I can already tell this isn't going to be a pleasant stay. When I checked in my room smelled strongly of urine. It's been almost a week and I can still smell it. Also, the comforter that was on the bed had a nice big stain right in plain view. It was the kind of stain that could be washed off. it was just dirt. When I rubbed my finger on it pieces of dirt fell off, so obviously they didn't wash the comforter. My biggest problem here is when I call the front desk nobody ever answers. I called earlier in the day to try to figure out the phone number and extension to my room, but after several calls and nobody picking up I just gave up. Now I am calling to get a wake up call and I am having the same problem. How busy could you really be at this time of night? The only way this hotel has a star is the amenities. I like the fact that there is a full kitchen and the building itself is pretty satisfactory. I have a nice TV with few channels, but that's okay with me. I'm in an awesome location. So this place has it's pros and its cons but the staff definitely needs some customer service training.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bob - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the stain on your bed, the smell in your room and our staff being unavailable to assist you during your time of need is truly regrettable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have spoken with the staff about the housekeeping issues you have described and we are working diligently to correct these issues and make a number of improvements to our procedures moving forward. As well, I will be coaching our entire team on how to provide better customer service according to our standards and company policy. Still, I'm glad to read that you were pleased with our location and the amenities we offered at our hotel.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at ros@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Roseville, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

After only being checked in for only an hour, we found large cockroaches crawling up wall behind our bed. Called staff into room to witness for herself. Although I had paid $400 cash deposit for a weekly rate, I Still had to wait 24 hours to receive my cash deposit back. It took 4 phone calls before I finally received a call back from hotel manager.....what a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness you experienced while staying at a hotel. Please know, your review has been posted to the wrong property page as our hotel does not require a security deposit and cash refunds will be sent to our guests via mail in the form of a check within 7-14 business days.

Overall, we are sorry to hear about your experience and hope that your next hotel stay is better.
Lewiston, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at an Extended Stay for work reasons for the last 2 years. We stayed at the one in Canton and the one in Roseville, Mi. We are very happy with the quality of the premises and extremely happy with the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Daniel - I appreciate you taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel and employees. I'm glad that the staff provided exceptional customer service and everything was to your satisfaction.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville? Share your experiences!