“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Roseville
Chicago, Illinois
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It is unquestionable that when your job takes you away from your home that it leaves you lonely, uncomfortasble and times a little home sick. My stay at the Rosevillle Extended Stay in MI was by no means any of the above. Apon my arrival at the hotel I was warmly greeted by a young lady by the name of Elisa who seemed happy that I chose to stay at that hotel. The room was clean and reminded me of my first studio apartment. Elisa told me that there was a laundry room and that if I needed new towels or linnes that all I needed to do was to drop of the soiled ones and I would be given clean ones. This was great to know but I was happier to know that could do laundry and get some fresh clean clothes. I am not a breakfast person because I am up and out early, but having a coffee maker and free coffee was a added plus. I had the opportunity to experience that warm smile of Elisa on two other occassions during my week stay. One could only imagine my suprise on asking for the manager to pay Elisa a compliment I was told that she was the manager. Thank you Elisa for making me feel welcome. I will always choose Extended Stay as my hotel of choice. More so if I am in Michigan I will stay at Rosevill. I also plan to stay at Extended Stay hotels when I take my famiy on vacation. Thanks again for your warm hospitality. Respectfully Yours, SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!

Room Tip: Tell the helpful employees at the front desk what your looking for Elisa has a great staff
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Andrew - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were pleased with our services, and our friendly staff, especially Elisa. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had to visit the area for an anniversary party. We were going to stay at another hotel nearby but they were not very friendly or cooperative and wouldn't let us check in until four. I went on this app and found Extended Stay America. It was very close so we went and checked it out. We walked in and Nicole at the front desk was very helpful, and very nice. We needed three rooms and needed to get checked in as soon as we could so we could make sure we had time to get ready. We were in our rooms within ten minutes of walking into the hotel. We ran into another staff member on the 3rd floor Bernadette, who stopped and talked to us and was very informative and nice, telling us if we need anything let her know. The entire staff was great! We walked into our rooms and were very pleased with the size and the cleanliness of our rooms as well. Overall a five star! Great stay, the whole family loved it! :)

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Elyse - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such remarkable things about our entire team, especially Nicole and Bernadette. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the great customer service our staff provided to you.

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When the hardy's come to detroit, we like our favor hotel. Our check-in is always great. Our room is always ready. Nicole makes our stay wonderful. I have knee problems and Nicole will get me an extra pillow when needed. It's the little things that make me happy. The staff is helpful with directions. The breakfast is soooo great. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: always book early if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I was pleased to read you received such great service from our staff. Thank you very much for staying with us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My business has served me to stay at Extended Stay America, Detroit / Roseville, MI several times during the month of January 2013. It was a delightful experience.The rooms were very clean & neat; great space, quality TV, quick, sufficient breakfast. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The pricing was awesome. If you are fortunate, you'll be served in the evening hours by a lovely young desk manager named Ms. Teanta, she's a true professional and will work very hard to ensure your stay is a good one. Do not hesitate, this is a great place to stay, and you are surrounded by great eateries and shopping options. Great Place, Great People !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed, you'll be pleased!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I’m so pleased that your stay was such a positive one! Our Grab and Go breakfast is a new feature so I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. We will definitely share your feedback with our staff. We look forward to you staying with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My check- in did not take long at all. Mrs. Nicole was very friendly and helpful to me. I love that I could get fresh towels whenever I needed them and the take and go breakfast was a nice touch. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting quality without the high price plus a home feel.

• Stayed December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. The fact that you mention a home like feel pleases me – this is exactly the way we like our guests to feel when staying with us. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews, but now I honestly think that these good review can't be legit. I stayed here for two nights in December, I have stayed before at various Extended Stay Americas but after this I'm not returning to the whole chain.

First of all, I had to wait 5 minutes to get attention from staff to check me in and after that I entered into a dirty room. The bed was made but I honestly think that the sheets weren't changed. There were all sort of hair everywhere. After my complain, they did change the sheets. There were also all sort of dirt on the floor, like set of extension eye lashes. The walls were dirty and had stains everywhere. Everything had stains. It was nasty.

Bathroom included only one soap, not even shampoo. Just one soap bar.

There is no staff at night time, so there is no rules. I heard fighting in the hallway and some weed was smoked also many times during the night. Dogs were barking also. It was just horrible. I slept just few hours because the hotel doesn't care.

Yes, there were also good things. The location. It's convenient. Close to lot's of shops, restaurants and highways. It was also cheap. There is my two stars for this hotel. Everything else was just horrible.

This hotel has really some potential, but at this level you should avoid it. I only recommend this if you want to party and crash things and smoke some weed. They are not there at night time, so they don't care what you do. Wild west after 11 pm.

What the hotel should do? Raise the prices, hire staff for night time and clean the rooms properly. This could have been good, but it was not. It was horrible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at Extended Stay America Detroit – Roseville. I sincerely apologize for the five minute wait time and the room condition you described is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. We evaluate each room prior to check-ins. In response to your feedback I have reviewed our standards and policies with our housekeeping team and front desk personnel to ensure this does not happen again. We would like to clarify that our office hours are from 7:00a.m-11:00p.m.and if you need anything after hours, you must dial “0” for assistance, our front desk associates are available to assist guest 24 hours a day. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at ros@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Ada, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel from 11-1 to 11-11. I usually stay at Extended stays for my business trips, most of the extended stays i stay at are good, but this one was not. Room smelled and was not clean. Air conditioner would not properly cool the room, light next to the bed would not work so i had to move a desk lamp over to my bed. Many nights it smelled like pot was being smoked in other rooms when i walked down the hall at night. My last night, which was a Saturday night, the lady staying in a room above me was up running and jumping up and down in here room from 1:30 to about 4 in the morning. She was also flashing people out in the parking lot. Needless to say i did not get much sleep that night, i should have called the police, but for some reason i did not. On a good note, the staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Due to our committment to providing great guest service, I was pleased to read your comments about the friendliness of our staff. Given this committment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay wasn't enjoyable. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. The issues you spoke of concerning the odors and fellow guests are definitely something we are looking into as well. I apologize you had to experience that on top of everything else. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any further questions or concerns.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville? Share your experiences!