“Friendly Staff makes you feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Roseville
Troy, Michigan
“Friendly Staff makes you feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My difficult-to-please mother-in-law stayed there this summer and, for once, had little to complain about. It was supposed to be temporary until she could find an apartment for the summer but the friendly staff, reasonable rates, and nice people staying at the hotel gave her no reason to look for apartment. Her only minor complaint was that the room was a little small but it had everything she needed, especially the friendly staff that made her feel special. What was supposed to be a short stay lasted 6 months until the cold weather chased her back to Florida. Thank you for keeping her happy- it's something I've never been able to do!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
What a nice review! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled we were able to take care of your mother in law and provide her with a home away from home for 6 months. It sounds like our rooms and staff were a good fit for her. I appreciate you posting your comments. Thank you for the positive feedback and the business.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Marietta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited some friends in Detroit and the Extended Stay on Thirteen Mile Road was a convenient location for us to stay. We had called ahead to say we were arriving early and the person that met us at the front desk was very helpful. She explained everything we needed to know as far as the charges were concerned and answered all our questions. We felt very comfortable in the room although the decor could us some updates. Although it was just a short stay, Elisa made us feel like our business was appreciated. I would return to this hotel just because I feel welcomed by the staff and safe at the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I know how reassuring it must be to feel at home and safe at a hotel so I am happy we were able to provide that for you. Thank you for sharing your experience at our Roseville location. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I checked in on September 7th and out on September 28th. I was greeted warmly and my room, 2 beds and couch, etc., was clean and large. I am in a wheelchair and this handicapped room worked well for me.

I can't say enough about the staff, especially Teanta, All were most cordial and helpful, from Teanta convincng me that this was the hotel I needed to stay at, to holding doors for me (you really do need an automatic door when you upgrade). Yes, the place is dated, but they do a good job keeping it clean and will be updating soon, from what I was told.

As to the other "tenants", some were slobs, throwing trash on the ground and putting cigarettes out on the cement, when a convenient trash recepticle/trash/can was right there! The staff did all the could though to keep the place picked up.

All in all, I thought this was a great fit for me and others as well. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your posting. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our hotel worked out so well for you. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, especially Teanta. We strive to provide great guest service so it's wonderful to hear we did just that in your case. I am so sorry for the issue with other guests. I can completely understand how frustrating that would be. I have spoken to the staff about this as well. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you back again soon.
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

In many ways, Detroit is a post-apocalyptic, third-world city, and this hotel fits right in:

- When we checked in, a loud disembodied voice from their security service checked in with the front desk to make sure everything was OK.
- Room decor was dated (circa 1974)
- Room smelled bad
- Tile around toilet was cracked, with apparent attempt to fix using white-out and crazy glue
- Window locks are flimsy (could easily break in using a wet toothpick)
- Had to pin the curtains shut for privacy
- Air conditioner sounded like a 1974 Soviet helicopter trying (unsuccessfully) to take off. We had to turn it off in order to sleep.

As sad as it is, most hotels in and around Detroit are just as bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay of our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. The voice you heard upon arrival was a security check the hotel recieves from our security monitoring system. I can completely understand how off-putting that would be when arriving in the lobby and I apologize.

There is no excuse for the room conditions you experienced. In addition to counselign our staff, we are also undergoing an upgrade to our Michigan properities. I do hope you will try our hotel again so we can make it up to you.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Really nice and Clean Rooms, the Staff was very Friendly too, and Michelle at the front Desk was a big help and i would tell everybody i know how great everything was here. My family and I are going to plan a trip again sometime soon, and the first place we will try to book with will be Extended Stay America - Detroit- Roseville or one of other Extended Stay America, bc of how clean and friendly the staff was and how close the Hotel is from everything around here,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again. Exceptional guest service and clean rooms - this is what we strive for so I was so happy to hear we hit the mark with your stay!! Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

they will make u feel at home all rooms clean most friendly staff more like friends will always stay when im in town a special ty to JESSICA REID, ELISA MICHELLE AND A SPECIAL THANK TO NICOLE BILLS ty fot your hospitality

Room Tip: hotel staff will let u check out any room b 4 purchase so do so if like there friendly staff
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you kindly for your posting and for recognizing the staff's efforts, especially Jessica, Elisa and Nicole. I’m so glad you feel at home at our hotel. It’s wonderful to hear our staff took such great care of you.

Thank you for staying with us; we appreciate your business very much!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My Mother was in a car accident and is staying at the hotel until we can get her home handicap accessible. Anyhow, the first problem I have with this place is there aren't any automatic doors. How can you say you are a handicap accessible faculty when a person in a wheelchair can't get in your doors? Second, it is obvious they don't keep these handicap rooms up because the refridgerator leaks water, the room phone did not work and a few other small things were wrong. When we made complaints they were really nice and told us someone would be there to fix the problems but no one ever showed. Having a pleasant demeanor is great if it's backed up with action.

After 7 days they changed her room and that room is worst. I would never stay here again and I won't recommend this place to anyone. I am very disappointed that I entrusted this hotel with my Mother after this tragic moment in my family's life.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for posting this review. Let me start by sincerely apologizing for your mother’s accident. I am very sorry to hear that and I hope she is recovering well.

As well, I am so sorry that you experienced these room issues. This is not our standard and absolutely not what we strive for with our cleanliness and maintaining of our guest rooms. I am glad to hear that the staff were there to help you as needed, but apologize that we did not meet your expectations overall.

As a result of your detailed feedback, I have met with the staff to ensure these issues are corrected and are not repeated. Thus far, I understand that after you were moved to a new room, the carpet was detailed and shampooed.

Again, I apologize for all of the issues during your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further concerns.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Roseville? Share your experiences!