“Stay here !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Roseville
Alpena, Michigan
“Stay here !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We recently chose this hotel because it was pretty close to the location of our son's wedding. I have stayed at HI Express' before and thought I knew what to expect. Were we ever surprised! This hotel was recently remodeled and done very, very well. We booked 20 rooms for our out of town guests and EVERYONE was very impressed with the cleanliness, the staff, the great breakfast and overall service. This hotel is the "gold standard" in the area. We checked out after our 5 day visit and almost felt like we were leaving family. We hope to have a reason to visit this area again and have a chance to stay here once again. Of all the hotels in the area, to us, this is the ONLY choice.

Room Tip: Our family and friends had many different rooms and I don't think you could go wrong with any pa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nichole H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I'm so glad that you had a great experience with us. We would love to see you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, staff was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was delightful and room service was prompt. Location was great. I would definitely stay again it was a pleasant experience. I will surely recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Keith K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate yoiur comments and we will see you soon!
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Thanks to everyone at the Holiday Inn Express! I have stayed at your hotel mutiple times over the last few years and just stayed there again. I have seen the changes happen during the remodel and think you have done a great job. I have to say that I am a late sleeper and you even kept the noise to a minium for the amount of work being done. Your breakfast is pretty standard fare for Holiday Inn Express but your breakfast area is clean and well managed. I use you as both my business and personal location multiple times per year as I have never had anything but a positive experience while staying there. I think you supply a great value and will be seeing you again shortly!

Room Tip: I try to get third floor back when I can, its quiet up there, and there is no one behind you. It is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Keith K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Mark,

Thank you for the kind words and continued loyalty. We appreciate it!

Keith Kozierowski
GM - Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Roseville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Thanks holiday inn. Your cleanliness has given our family scabies. The spiders in the room were fascinating. Workout room out of order? No problem. So was the elevator. Ok so take the stairs except wait - they are blocked off for construction.

This place needs to be razed. STAY AWAY at all cost. Sleep in your car. It'll be safer.

• Stayed October 2012
Keith K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. I apoogize for your not so pleasant experience at our hotel. Rest assured your stay is not a typical guest experience. We were under going major renovation and are wrapping them up at this time. Unfortunately, reading this review was the first I had heard of your inconveniences. And again, I apologize. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and learn more details of your stay so we can ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Feel free to reach out to me at 586-285-5800 or gm@hiesroseville.com.

Keith Kozierowski
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Although they are experiencing major renovations, they were very pleasant to deal with. i did get an older room, but did see a room that was renovated and was amazed by the beauty, decor and sense of a hotel that seems that it was just built. The Staff was courteous and anticipated all of my needs. I am REALLY looking forward to traveling back to this area for Business. Thank you Holiday Inn Express in Roseville. Keep up the GREAT work Great New Look!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nichole H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nichole Himmel, Front Desk Adminsitrator
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great experience check-in to check-out. after a bad experience at the Microtel down the street. this hotel was a refreshing change. Clean newly refurnished room, friendly check-in and nice breakfast all made it a good one night stop.

Room Tip: one side of hotel overlooks parking lot, one side a cemetery.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Keith K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
charles847,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your choosing our hotel and hope to see you again.
Commerce Township, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have become immune to poor service attitudes, but when combined with low intelligence as it relates to your job I feel second hand embarrassment. Prior to my arrival, my friends shared stories with me as to how they were poorly mistreated by the agent checking them in. The agent had either no understanding or misled my friends as to how the sleeping rooms would be charged. The next day, I had the displeasure of experiencing one of her poor service encounters. Just a simple, "Where's your lobby restroom?", came with unfriendly response. Beware of Carrie.

Sleeping rooms are in poor condition. Although, a renovation is a work in progress and the beds are comfortable. My sleeping room phone did not working and was missing the refrigerator and microwave. Friend's room was also missing the refrigerator, but had the microwave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Amanda P,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with our check-in personnel during your stay. We will certainly discuss your comments with our staff and take actions accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!