“Scabies” 1 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Roseville
“Scabies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Thanks holiday inn. Your cleanliness has given our family scabies. The spiders in the room were fascinating. Workout room out of order? No problem. So was the elevator. Ok so take the stairs except wait - they are blocked off for construction.

This place needs to be razed. STAY AWAY at all cost. Sleep in your car. It'll be safer.

• Stayed October 2012
Keith K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. I apoogize for your not so pleasant experience at our hotel. Rest assured your stay is not a typical guest experience. We were under going major renovation and are wrapping them up at this time. Unfortunately, reading this review was the first I had heard of your inconveniences. And again, I apologize. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and learn more details of your stay so we can ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Feel free to reach out to me at 586-285-5800 or gm@hiesroseville.com.

Keith Kozierowski

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Although they are experiencing major renovations, they were very pleasant to deal with. i did get an older room, but did see a room that was renovated and was amazed by the beauty, decor and sense of a hotel that seems that it was just built. The Staff was courteous and anticipated all of my needs. I am REALLY looking forward to traveling back to this area for Business. Thank you Holiday Inn Express in Roseville. Keep up the GREAT work Great New Look!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nichole H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nichole Himmel, Front Desk Adminsitrator
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great experience check-in to check-out. after a bad experience at the Microtel down the street. this hotel was a refreshing change. Clean newly refurnished room, friendly check-in and nice breakfast all made it a good one night stop.

Room Tip: one side of hotel overlooks parking lot, one side a cemetery.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Keith K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
charles847,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your choosing our hotel and hope to see you again.
Commerce Township, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have become immune to poor service attitudes, but when combined with low intelligence as it relates to your job I feel second hand embarrassment. Prior to my arrival, my friends shared stories with me as to how they were poorly mistreated by the agent checking them in. The agent had either no understanding or misled my friends as to how the sleeping rooms would be charged. The next day, I had the displeasure of experiencing one of her poor service encounters. Just a simple, "Where's your lobby restroom?", came with unfriendly response. Beware of Carrie.

Sleeping rooms are in poor condition. Although, a renovation is a work in progress and the beds are comfortable. My sleeping room phone did not working and was missing the refrigerator and microwave. Friend's room was also missing the refrigerator, but had the microwave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Amanda P,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with our check-in personnel during your stay. We will certainly discuss your comments with our staff and take actions accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waxhaw NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My sister in law made a reservation here for my husband and I, our two children, 22 and 16, and our dog. Unfortunately she booked one room with two queen beds which was simply not going to work. I called the hotel myself within 5 minutes of her making the online reservation to modify it and got Daniel on the phone. I explained to him that we would need a suite with a sofa bed and a cot, he said they had one available and agreed to change the reservation. We arrived around 11:30 pm after 12 hours on the road only to be told we were in the two queen bed room and not the suite. It was explained that because it was an online reservation it was "prepaid" and they were unable to change our room. They then decided to call Daniel, which was asinine, because what would he able to do? Of course he didn't answer the phone at 11:45 at night when work was calling, go figure. The problem solvers were right in front of us but simply chose not to. They would not budge and would not allow me the upgrade of which I was happy to pay for, the difference in price was negligible. Comfort and a place to lay our heads after a long day traveling was the priority. They should have taken what was prepaid and applied it to the larger room and charged us the difference, but they chose, instead, to argue with us and not accommodate, in any way, our needs as their customers. I'm sure there is some kind of policy concerning online third party reservations but it is really of no concern of mine, the inner-workings and politics of this business make absolutely no difference to me and I don't care to hear of it or discuss it, I just want the room I want which was available and of which I was more than happy to pay extra for. Instead I had to get an additional room which cost me much more then the suite would have.

The room itself was ok, mostly clean but the bathroom floor was slimy. To add insult to injury the ice machine on our floor didn't work so we had to go down to the first floor at midnight just to have a cold drink before bed.The bright spot was they had extra pillows already in the room so I didn't have to rely on the ever so helpful front desk staff to get them for me.

We chose this hotel because it was the only pet friendly one in the area. We own a business that relies heavily on customer service and I would fire every one of the people at that front desk that night. We travel to see family there often but I can tell you this, never again will we stay at this property and thinking about writing off Holiday Inn Express in general.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask for a first floor room and make your reservation directly with the hote...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salesroseville, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations regarding guests service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest and/or your next visit.

Rebecca Marquardt
Sales Manager
260-431-4555
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My bridesmaids and I stayed here the night before my wedding while my fiance and the groomsmen stayed at another hotel in the area. While they had a terrible time dealing with their hotel this one was great. The customer service was incredible compared to theirs, anything we needed they helped us with. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast was good too! If we are ever in the area again we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Salzgitter, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am not used anymore to identify myself as Priority Platinum Member. Just arrive and everything works well. So when my booking appeared in my profile it means everything is fine. So welcome was "normal" but somehow no Priority Club keycard and no letter in the room. When I asked the next morning I was told that I should have reported myself as Priority Club Member and if there is nothing in their computer it's my fault. Fortunately there was another agent who sent him away and although my stay was over she apologied for her co-worker and made arrangements a nice treat. So in this hotel: you must show that you are loyal. They do not show it. Well - the room - when you go it might be already upgreaded...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!