“You have got to be kidding me..Sounds like a lawsuit to me!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
michigan
“You have got to be kidding me..Sounds like a lawsuit to me!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Obviously the MALE employees at this establishment have not been through a harassment classes. After seeing a male employee verbally abuse a female employee today I decided right then I will NEVER stay at another Clarion hotel or any hotel associate with the same corporation.

I did give the young lady the name of a good attorney and STRONGLY suggested she call them.

I was appalled at the way she was spoke to and treated.

Shameful!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I'm a pilot and my airline has a contract with this hotel, so I stay here quite often. I was surprised by all the negative sentiment about this place, I stay at ALOT of hotels and this place is at least average, if not above, especially for the price.

For me, the best part of this hotel is the cleaning crew. If you notice in the morning, they leave the doors open of all the rooms that people have checked out of while they clean them. They actually change the sheets of every room, every night, and you can see them doing it. This sounds like something for granted, but many dubious hotels in this class recycle sheets and pillows. It's not a big secret.

The rooms are furnished better than an average 2* hotel. Bed is good, 25" TV has a good selection of stations..

Wifi internet is cheap and always works, and fast.

Free breakfast is quite good, and goes until 10am (rare).

The gals at the front desk have always been friendly, even at odd hours of the day or night.

Bad -
No elivators if you get a room on the second floor.

The hallways have an odd mildew/take-out food/smoke smell. Very 1980's smell and overall feel.

Whoever designed the floor plan must have been on LSD, the place is a total maze, and hard to get around sometimes.

Overall this place is fine, especially if you can get a good rate.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — old feel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Corunna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel as a park n' fly. It was extremely easy to find....we were coming from Canada. People were extremely friendly and helpful....nothing but GREAT things to say about the pleasant and hard-working staff! Check-in went quickly and smoothly....our room was clean and comfortable. The shuttle to the airport at 6am was right on schedule and the driver was helpful with our luggage. On our return home, everything went just as smoothly....we called the hotel to arrange for the shuttle when we arrived back at the airport, and by the time we got our luggage, the shuttle was there waiting for us right out front!!! It was wonderful!! Not one minute of waiting! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for this type of stay. One additional comment: There was a waitress working the evening we stayed, and she appeared to be working by herself and could have used some help. Even though she was very busy, she was so very pleasant and so VERY hard-working! She did everything she could to keep us happy....THANK YOU!!

• Liked — affordable, efficient park n fly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

NWA "gave" us "free" accomodations after screwing up our flight connection . I should have slept at the airport. Check in was long, the clerk was trying to get us in quickly but the phone kept ringing and kept her from assistng us.
Nasty and dirty, the hotel smelled of smoke throughout--the bar is right in the center of the hotel and you have to walk through the bar area to get to the rooms--and loud guests were arriving at all hours (not much sound proofing between rooms or the corridors). Shady looking guys hanging around and wandering the corridors did not make us feel safe.
The shower smelled like backed up sewage so we skipped the shower and washed at the sink. Like previous travelers have noted, the heat in the room was either on full blast or you had to unplug the unit to get it to turn off. TV remote didn't work either.
Cafe closed at 1100 PM so we ordered a pizza from a local place that accepted airline vouchers. It was OK but took over an hour to be delivered.
Be sure to get to down to the shuttle at least an hour earlier than you THINK you need to. If there are a lot of air crew you will not get on the shuttle.
This hotel was the "perfect" match to a terrible day of travel.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Just about everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

The carpet was FILTHY and it appeared that no one swept any closer than 1 foot away from the wall. Dust and dirt piled up around all of the baseboards. The grout in the bathroom was brown and moldy. The bed was sagging on the one side, causing my husband to constantly roll towards the edge. The bedspread needed to be burned. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra money to stay someplace clean and reputable. We both had to shower first thing in the morning to get the hotel's scum off of us. This is not an exaggeration. I felt "itchy" the next morning.

Stayed December 2007
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

This seems to be Northwest's "official" misconnect hotel. If you can get the airline to pick up the tab, they pay the Clarion $39 and you stay for free.

Under such circumstances, you'll probably be happy to have a bed for the night. I know I was. But if I had a chance to choose my hotel, I'd probably go a bit more upscale.

Why? A common problem with "budget" hotels -- their clientele. On the Monday night I was stuck there, groups of young adults congregated throughout the hotel, obviously in party mode. Indeed, on the ground floor, I detected the distinct aroma of marijuana wafting through the hallway. When I got to my room, there was a party next door. It took 2 calls to the front desk to get the music turned down.

Not sure if this clientele is a common problem here, or whether it was my "lucky" night. Otherwise, the hotel is fine for its class. Rooms dated but adequate. Decent looking pool. Free continental breakfast better than what I would expect (plenty of selection, at least first thing in the morning). Airport shuttle ran every 20 minutes, and was prompt and courteous. You could do worse. And if there's no party next door to you, you might actually be reasonably satisfied if you stay there for free courtesy of Northwest. Otherwise, the hotel isn't worth much more than the $39 Northwest is paying.

Stayed September 2007
Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

Terrible hotel, terrible service! Would not stay again! Would not recommend to others! Smokey smelling throughout first floor due to bar area. Continental breakfast was a joke!!!! Went for breakfast at 0700 they were already out of waffle mix and the toaster had broken earlier and they didn't have a spare. But the breakfast that was an additional $6 was full to the brim. Very rude staff in dining area and at check-out. Beds were also a joke, mattresses were so old springs were coming through and they squeked with every turn. Be warned don't book with this hotel unless all you are looking for is a roof over your head and you don't mind paying an arm and a leg for it!

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — Having to stay there.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Clarion Hotel Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!