“Great Place to stay when flying in.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #21 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great Place to stay when flying in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had a great time at the hotel when we were there. Flew in from Florida and stayed for a week. Great staff at the desk who were more than willing to help us with our needs and they even had a shuttle to and from the airport that didn't cost anything extra.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were good rooms. We had to book two rooms for the 6 of us, but it was well worth it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family. Staff were very friendly, esp hotel manager Sid.
Room were clean and tidy. We were picked up and dropped off at the airport by there shuttle right on time. This hotel gives best value for money! Will definitely stay here for my next trip!!

• Stayed January 2013
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Two employees were VERY friendly during my stay: Danielle and Karen. Outstanding service. To the hotel: It is very close to I-94, a clean gas station, a pleasant Big Boy restaurant, and a McDonald's. It's right next door to a Bob Evans. I mention these because the hotel does not have a restaurant. It offers breakfast, but the breakfast is extremely average. There are no meats (bacon, sausage, ham) or eggs. Just cereal, danishes, and waffles. The coffee creamer comes in powder packets. No half-n-half or other kind of liquid creamer is available. The elevator off the lobby is excruciatingly slow. There is NO laundry service. The selection of television channels in the room is HORRIBLE. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many hotels. I have never encountered such a poor selection of television channels. No Weather Channel. No ESPN. No HBO. No AMC. No Turner Classic Movies. No USA. No Cloo. No WGN. The list goes on. It's astounding that in 2012/2013, a hotel could offer not much better than the "channels 2 through 13" of the 1970s. I mention these things because if you're going to stay at this hotel for anything longer than two days, these "shortages" wear on you. Limited breakfast, nothing to watch on TV, no laundry facilities (I had to find a laundromat in what was a foreign city to me), and always having to leave the hotel to eat a real meal is tiresome. The price was VERY good, and I realize that a reasonable price...comes at a price. Not all of the amenities we'd like will be offered. Nevertheless, liquid creamer, some coin laundry machines, and two or three more TV channels can't be that much more expensive for the hotel to provide. My room was very clean. The housekeeping staff was superb. As another reviewer said, there was close to no airplane noise. Overall, though, I don't recommend staying in this hotel for a prolonged period of time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing the parking lot are convenient because you can see your car. Just k...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed before christmas and The room was very cozy n clean great size n shuttle to airport very fast to arrive n drop us of. Lobby was decorated to beautiful made u feel at home all front desk that I met where very helpful n palite.would defently stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in the airport waiting for the shuttle for 2 hours and no one answered the phone in the front desk the whole time. When I arrived to the hotel, the staff was surprised and try to argue with me to prove she did nothing wrong. I didn't blame at all and I just wanted to check in ASAP since I was exhausted. Lastly, she gave me a double bed room when I booked a king size bedroom. I called, the she told me she was sorry but there is no other king size bedroom. I mean seriously!? Are they really doing business like that!? Howard Johnson, never again'

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Howard Johnson Romulus/Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!