“I would use this location in the future.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #21 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Poway
“I would use this location in the future.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Only because it is cheap and near DTW. Night Desk Staff was outstanding and was is very knowledge of the area, food, gas and directions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

This is little hotel served its purpose. We had a decent place to sleep. But to take a shower is a different story. The tub had a very slow drain. We notified the front desk but no one came to fix it. Then when we came back one night late, while getting my kids ready for bed, someone opened our door. Apparently the front desk had us listed in another room! We got our decent sleep for this trip but we won't be syaying here again.

• Stayed September 2012
ROMULUS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel staff were effective, they could not find my reservation, but the front desk clerk was more than effective, and nice in getting me a room. Although the lighting in the room was a bit poor, the room in itself was clean, and the bed quite comfortable. It was worth the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I did not stay there because I called 3 different times and went in to get pricing and mind you all four times I got a different price. Again the 3 times I called I spoke with the same person and when I walked in to ask for pricing I got a totally different price LoL I think they base there pricing on how you speak on the phone and I guess appearance. If you look under 18 but are in ur 20s they jack the price up go figure. I'm am young but not dumb thank you Howard Johnson. My mother did teach me a thing or two about manners and SHOPPING AROUND! Horrible Customer Service Skills! Just saying call3 times you may get the price your looking for! ;-)

Stayed September 2012
Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was clean and staff was friendly, I would stay again. We got locked out of our room and the maintence staff was at the room right away to assist us. The location was good for the things we wanted to do in the Detroit area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel was bundled with an Orbitz package I bought. It was cheap and location perfect for a busy trip to Detroit. Or so I thought.

It was a good price and passable until I started getting whelps on the second day. I was in room 145. It must have been just one or two bugs since I only got bitten in two locations the first day (multiple bites both locations). I have had bed bugs three times the past several years (twice at hotels, once at our apt which we had to move out of), and know how to recognize them.

The lady at the front desk said they would have the room inspected, but that does not suffice. When there are bed bugs really that room and adjacent rooms need to be treated. Minimal treating is what lets infestations continue. Bed bugs suck if you don't already know.

They moved me to 207. I came down with two more bites after checking out but am not sure if they are from the first or second night (the bites appear 1/2-2 days after getting bitten). Other than that, the hotel needs to be remodeled very soon. Peeling wallpaper, stained ceilings, bugered up front doors, old carpets, old caulk in the baths, toilet float constantly runs, shower didn't drain and I had to shower in a puddle. Hope I don't get athlete's foot from the deal too.

Howard Johnsons have gone downhill and are nowadays run by cheapskates. This place sucks and is not worth the cheap price. Bed bugs are an automatic one-star, I'll be itching for two weeks again. I hate this hotel and the management.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived the hotel looked alright. It was pretty run down and somewhat needed a renovation. From what I understand, someone just ought it and is in the process of getting ready for renovations. Our first room was nice. The doors looked like thy had been pried open a few times which was a little unsettling. When we got back to our room the first night, there was a note on our bed that said, "If you want to change rooms, go o the front desk". I had no clue why this was on our bed until I walked into the washroom. There was water all over the floor and a bucket with dirty water sitting on to top our toilet. Instead of taking our stuff out of the shower, we had to walk through the dirty water and pack up everything to move. I found it odd that the note said "If we wanted to move" lol. Don't hi k I want to sit on the toilet with a bucket on my head lol. It is not a bad hotel. Our room was clean but did need some minor repairs. I would still say for location o things we did, it was good. It would be a great hotel if renovations happened in the future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Romulus/Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!