“Good park n fly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
michigan
“Good park n fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here to park n fly for $100 for room, shuttle and parking in a fenced lot for up to 10 days was a good deal. Rooms were nice and clean, could hear airplanes flying overhead quite loudly but we were able to sleep. We had an early flight so was sad that the continental breakfast wasn't out. Seems like they could set out a few things for early flights or offer a little bagged breakfast like some hotels do. I even asked and was told there was just tea and coffe which I don't drink either. Would stay again for convenience and price.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
ABVI48174, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport and thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. It was nice to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am sorry that you were not able to take advantage of our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast which is served in our lobby from 5am to 9:30am.
I hope the next time you stay you have the opportuinity to enjoy our breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good value for park & fly out of Detroit. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was typical for a free breakfast. Housekeeping shorted the room 2 washcloths and 1 hand towel. I was told to go to the front desk to get them, but at 10:30 at night I wasn't going to get dressed again to fetch them. The front desk clerk said she would ask the driver to bring them to us but they never showed. Also the tub was not cleaned properly - I found someone's transdermal patch in the tub.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport!
I am very disappointed to hear that our housekeeping staff fell short while you were a guest at our hotel.
Please accept my sincere apology.
I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Fostoria, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For some strange reason I like this place...they now have a onsite restaurant / bar which was decent....don't expect anything grand but room was clean and the bed comfortable...didn't hear any planes either. Park n fly's in Detroit have become so ridiculous but this one is reasonable. My only complaint is the front desk is only staffed by one person it seems and can take forever to get checked in.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport and for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel.
We take great pride in being able to offer affordable Lodge, Park & Fly Packages to our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here on our way to Fl. & in our return !!! Rooms were both clean .. beds comfortable .. Car was parked at the back of the hotel .. where it was safe !! This will be our park & fly hotel from now on !!

Room Tip: Try the restaurant at the hotel !! Food was excellent !! We will eat there again !!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport!
I was to share your comments with my staff and I am happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Windsor, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We used this hotel as a Park and Fly option out of Detroit.
The rooms are all on one level, more like a motel, so there's no stairs or elevators to start with. You just park right outside your room. Checking in we were not expecting anything fancy or luxurious. It's Americas Best Value Inn and the price is right to park your car for a week at the airport and be close enough for an early morning wake up call. Indeed, our expectations were met , the rooms are NOT fancy or luxurious. They are dated and the decor, bathroom and bedding is obviously old. We did hear the planes enough that it bothered us, and we have lived on Air Force bases, so that's saying something. However, personally, I think that's to be expected at an airport hotel. It's the price you pay of not getting up an hour earlier to drive in.
The bed was comfortable though, the bedding was clean, and there are a few restaurant options literally a 30 second walk away - a pizza place, a Subway and a couple of sit down restaurants/grills, which is also very convenient.
Complimentary breakfast was a bonus as well. Juice, cereal, muffins, coffee etc. If you're travelling with children, you can never underestimate when that box of Cheerios that you picked up at breakfast at 5am is going to come in handy.
Parking is on site and the shuttle to the airport is efficient. (Friendly driver too).
Overall, I would use this hotel again. The price is right. Keep your expectations in line with what you pay, and maybe bring a pair of earplugs :) The pizza place is a good choice!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport and for taking the time to write a reveiw regarding your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Harrow, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel had a couple of things going for it, but what happened after I left is what prompts me to give it a poor review. While the hotel was dated, the room was clean and the bed adequate. The early morning shuttle was on time and very convenient and the parking lot is just behind the hotel so I felt at the time that the car would be safe. The complimentary breakfast was standard.
Unfortunately, I mistakenly left a brand new blouse in my room (my fault entirely) and when I contacted the hotel from Florida they told me they would check call back. They did call back promptly and said it was not turned in. No apologies and no offer of compensation (not that I actually expected that). I did feel, however, it would have been nice if the person on the phone acknowledged how disappointing this might be to a visitor. When I returned to Michigan and picked up my car, I once again inquired and that experience was worse than the first. I can only assume that the housekeeping staff kept the blouse (and that is theft) and for that reason I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The Beirut Restaurant adjacent to this hotel is fabulous Lebanese food.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport and taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that you were unable to locate your blouse...when you called in the morning to ask if you left your blouse in the room our head housekeeper immediately went to your room to retrive your blouse but was unable to find it. The front desk clerk on duty called you back to inform you the housekeeper was unable to find your blouse.
We did keep your name and phone number on file just in case it became mixed in with either the sheets or towels.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have used this hotel twice now for an overnight stay and the parking. The first time was great and the drop off and pick up at the airport was smooth but I waited until I have tried it a second time to write a review. It was just as good second time! I notice some people said you hear the planes, I did not, however it is an airport hotel so I wouldn't have been surprised if I had! The hotel is good for the price and I found it clean and comfortable. A few minor renovations could be done in the rooms but if these things are important to you pay for a better grade of hotel. For an overnight and parking it's great. Breakfast was basic but at 5.30am I didn't need much.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ABVI48174, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for so much for your kind review!

I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and that your park and fly was perfect.

We look forward to seeing you again!!!!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!