Seedy, absolutely. The Doubletree in Romulus is one of the worst hotels I have ever been in...and the only reason I stayed instead of walking out is because it was a business trip and I prepaid online w/ a 3rd party vendor, no refunds.
The hotel exterior looks like a small prison. The inside is shabby at best. Oh please don't go by the lobby (the only decent place in the whole building), the hall ways were decrepit, the carpets were worn, the bed looked like it had been there since the early 70's. The room was smelly, dark, inadequate, a motel 6 on a busy highway would have been just as good. And the room I just described was the "upgraded" room I made them move me into after I saw room #1.
amenities = none
service = none
cleanliness = (i got lucky but overall it was non existent)
book again = never
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Stylish Convenient Affordable; this is who WE are. Located just minuets from the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, we provide free transportation to and from the airport and have 263 spacious guest rooms. Park N Fly Packages Available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your The Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel Romulus
- Metropolitan Hotel Romulus
- Metropolitan Hotel Detroit
- Metropolitan Romulus