“Good Park/Fly Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Komoka
“Good Park/Fly Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed one night with our kids ages 3/5 the night before flying to Florida for our winter vacation. The room was comfortable and clean. I have no complaints except that we could hear the planes taking off and landing until about 11:30pm and starting again at about 6:00am. The hotel is located just off the airport property near the end of the run way so it was a little louder than we had expected.
The on site hotel Park N Fly was very convenient, the bus arrived every half hour as promised and the drivers were friendly and helpful. Upon our return to Detroit the buses were waiting and we were back at the hotel to pick-up our vehicle in about 10 minutes.
The front desk staff were friendly and the large continental breakfast area was a good place to sit and have a coffee and watch the news on the flat screen TV. The breakfast looked OK but we ate at the airport after clearing security.
If you want a convenient on-site Park N Fly for a reasonable price then this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed here on December 20, 2009 because my flight was canceled due to weather issues. During the course of the night, I found ten bed bugs. I looked them up on my computer to make sure I had the correct identification. In the morning, I took one to the manager, and he said, "Well, it looks like it is already dead." I asked for a refund. They stalled, and since I had to get to the airport, I could not stay to resolve the issue. I called several times and was told the manager would call me back. That never happened. I then filed a complaint with Customer Relations for Choice Inns. Finally, the Relation Specialist called the hotel to verify my complaint. The hotel said they had no proof that I had stayed there. Thankfully, I had my debit bill from my bank. It is has been two months, and I still have not received a refund.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
london, ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Parking included with your room. We left our car for 5 days and returned to a smashed car. Of course no security - no one saw anything and the hotel would not take any responsibility. They didn't even offer to credit our hotel room. The bus service to pick us up from the airport took 45 mins. Very disappointing....never again!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
North East
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Overall I was disappointed. There is NO Restaurant on site as advertised (I actually called to confirm this and was told there was. The manager, who checked me in, actually argued that because the restaurant in the property across the street (Day’s Inn) was owned by the same person there actually was a restaurant on site and actually started arguing whit me when I disagreed. Once checked in we found 2 of 4 rooms dirty. Mold in the tub, gum on the side of the headboard and spider on the bed dirty. One of the other rooms had the light out in the bathroom, when brought to the managers attention he said “just use the heat lamp”. At 11:30pm the AC in one of the rooms started blowing hot air. The young lady working overnight was very nice and set me up with a 5th room and adjusted a portion of the bill on checkout.

In short this facility is not up to the expectation of a Quality Inn. I would never recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

No frills, basic airport hotel ` worked out just fine for us to stay the night before flying to Belize at a rate of $ 89 incl 5 nights free parking. We arrived at 9pm and had to leave at 4:30am in the morning so it was okay - would not have wanted to spend more time there. Stayed at many other airport hotels with more amenities/ bigger rooms at the same rate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before flying to Cancun, and the night we got back. The Park-n-Fly rate was $89, which is reasonable value. The Quality Suites Romulus is a basic airport hotel. If you can get it for around $50 USD/night, that's probably a good deal.

I booked this hotel thinking Quality Suites was a nice chain, as the other ones we've stayed in have always been pretty nice for a reasonable price. The rooms (and the whole hotel itself) are incredibly dated. It looks like the hotel was built in about 1983, and not a thing has been touched since.

The service at the front desk was pleasant, but nothing special. We booked a single Queen bed, and were given the chance to upgrade to a King for $10. Honestly, the hotel was barely occupied at all - the parking lot was practically a ghost town - many hotels would offer guests a FREE upgrade in these circumstances...but not here. Also - no access to a newspaper or place to buy one! I went to the front desk to ask about a newspaper, and all they had was a stack of some sort of community newsletter, which the clerk said was a newspaper (?) When I explained that I meant more like the NY Times or USA Today, she directed me to a display of pamphlets and Auto Traders in the corner opposite her desk. Well meaning, but not too bright...

The room we had on our first stay was considerably nicer than the one we got on the way back, but we didn't bother to switch. The first room was down a wing of the 2nd floor and was supposed to be non-smoking, but you could tell someone had smoked in it recently. I think they just made those rooms non-smoking, as the no-smoking sign was a piece of paper crudely taped to the door.

The room we got on the way back was down the opposite wing of the 3rd floor, and we were promised that nobody had ever smoked in it. While the room did smell smoke-free, the bathroom was kind of gross. Mainly, the bathtub was incredibly stained, and it looked a little scary. I just didn't have a shower and thought of all the money I was saving.

Stay here if you can get it cheap and don't care about the quality of room finishings. The bed was reasonably comfortable, and the pillows were good. This is the kind of hotel where you probably want to strip that top blanket off the bed before you go near it, and the sink, counter-top, and bathtub surround are made of some sort of plastic.

They have a free continental breakfast from 6-9 AM, with a reasonable selection of the usual suspects (bread, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee, etc.), which does add to the value of the hotel if you can make it during that time-frame. They could consider leaving the coffee/juice machines open 24 hours.

Another nice bonus is the free shuttle, which you do not need to call for or book. It leaves the front of the hotel every 30 minutes, at the top of the hour and half-past. It will pick you up at the airport around 15 and 45 past the hour. This will save you some money as minimum cab ride to/from DTW is $22.

I would stay here again if it was cheap. I might check out the Days Inn next door, which looked a little nicer. If the price is considerably less, and you don't care about a dated hotel room, the Quality Inn and Suites is a solid choice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

Payed about $50/night from priceline (non-bid). Stuck
during Xmas storm at DTW awaiting flight elsewhere with
two small children. Free shuttle from airport, worked well,
very crowded due to storm. Room was clean, staff friendly,
fast on checkin given the large tired crowd. Rooms OK for
price. Buffet was sparse, hardboiled eggs, cherrios,
toast, english muffin, OJ, small poppy seed muffins.
Seems they could add waffle maker + other muffins at minimal cost . Breakfast not crowded.

• Liked — Rooms were fine given the price
  • Disliked — Buffet could be improved for minimal cost.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Romulus? Share your experiences!