“Helpful staff made all the difference” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Helpful staff made all the difference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were unfortunate enough to miss a connection, as well as several other passengers. The airline sent us all here for an overnight stay, and the female desk manager was incredibly efficient dealing with the line of late-night travelers seeking accommodation, but when my turn came for a room assignment, they only had one room with one double bed left. Since there were three adults, we weren't too happy about it, but we reluctantly accepted rather than go look elsewhere at 12:30 am. After checking another computer, another room option popped up that had a pullout couch, so we were all set. We requested sheets for the couch, which were brought up shortly.The hotel is a bit shabby and smelled faintly of smoke (despite the smoke-free policy), but was otherwise clean and provided adequate amenities. The airport shuttle was prompt and fast. The best thing, however, was the professional and helpful desk staff.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, request a room some distance from the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous coming to Detroit due to its reputation so we figured staying in/around the airport would probably be best/cheap option.

This is not a resort or a 5 star hotel.. It's an airport hotel but one of the best cheap hotels I've stayed at.

The woman behind the desk was extremely friendly and helpful the rooms were very clean to the point where my girlfriend didnt have to Lysol everything down. It was very convenient getting to the parkway and into the city for the baseball game.

They don't charge for parking which is always a huge + for me and their breakfast was good typical hotel continental breakfast.

I definitely recommend this place if your coming to Detroit for a night and I would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our trip to the Orion Music Festival and was a bit worried having not been to Detroit before where we would end up. We were pleasantly surprised when we pulled in that this hotel was super nice and the staff were very friendly. We even forgot something of great value in our room and the staff took all measures to get it back to us in Kentucky by shipping it the very next day going above and beyond! We highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are ever visiting the Detroit area! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was put up here by the airlines after a missed flight. But then when I needed to stay a second night... I chose the Quality Inn! The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. While the rooms and hotel seemed a bit dingy, the new mattress and pillows were incredible. I slept so well and enjoyed the complementary breakfast and the workout room. Again, the staff was great and I felt well rested in the middle of a crazy travel schedule.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Palau
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm an older man who travels alone alot and stays in budget places. The front desk young lady was very courteous, informative, and helpful and made a pleasant and good introduction to the hotel. Lots of families and flight crew seemed to be there. The room was fine--comfortable bed, clean and functioning bathroom, and good heat. One of the two computers in the lobby area was not functioning either in the evening or the following morning. Wake up call was on time. Breakfast was a bit sparse in variety but was both healthy (fresh fruit, yogurt, and juices) and filling. Shuttle to airport was just a few minutes late. I like the location since it is within comfortable (10 or 15 minutes) walking distance from several of the rental car returns; so I dropped off my luggage at the hotel, drove to the rental car, and then just walked back to the hotel even though the weather was snowy last March.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Walker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would just like to take a moment to compliment the staff at Quality Inn Romulus MI. We stay there every year with their "Park and Fly" package and it is the best start to our vacations. The rooms are great, quiet, and the showers are great too. Always a pleasure to stay there. We always fly out too early for the breakfast, but I'm sure that is great as well. The coffee is always on and the friendly staff will ensure that you get off to a great start with their valet service. We just love this motel....because of the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ok, the price was right. But the feeling was not.
I entered the lobby area to find two poorly dressed men just sitting there, hanging out by the front desk. Uncomfortable. Red flag. The desk staff was friendly and helpful so I was hopeful.
However, I felt out of place -- like this motel was for truckers and construction workers, not for me.
I entered my room. It needed work. Again, I was feeling uncomfortable. There was a used, dried out washcloth on the shower rod. The window curtains needed two new hooks -- and were hanging wrong. The lamps between the two beds did not work. I was tired, it was late. I just wanted to plug in my cell charger and go to bed, get up, and catch my plane. But alas, no place to plug in my cell. That's right -- no extra outlets. Couldn't use my sound machine, computer, or charger. Well, I could in the bathroom.
I will stay elsewhere next time I fly out of Detroit. Lesson learned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Romulus? Share your experiences!