“Near rental pickup” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Trondheim, Norway
“Near rental pickup”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

When you arrive at 01:30 AM and have finally gotten your rental one hour later, you take the closest vacancy. The stay was ok, value for money probably the best part. My problem back in Norway is they have charged me for two nights when I stayed only one. I have made several calls to the manager but although he promises to rectify this, my credit card balance stays the same. Very annoying.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We paid $84 for one night stay and a week's parking, and shuttle to/from airport.

Staff was great and very helpful. The rooms and the hotel in general was a bit worn, but nice enough for one night's stay. We would definitely use them again.

The nearby Days Inn was $104 for the same deal, but I did not see if the rooms were better or not.

WE CHECKED VERY THOROUGHLY FOR BEDBUGS. Not a single sign.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I missed a connecting flight, so Delta put me to stay at this hotel overnight. It looked like a 2.5 star setup but I was not too picky since it was for only one night. I was given a room on the second floor. When I laid down on the bed for 5mins, I felt a pinch on my back. I found a bed bug with freshly sucked blood and I killed it.

I called the front-desk to complain but they sounded sympathetic but oblivious. Like they couldn't possibly have bedbugs. They offered to change my room this was at 1am in the morning when I was already too tired to care.

Now that I'm back home, I'm afraid I may have brought back some bugs with me. I'm going to sanitize my belongings and wait and see what happens.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
joshm333, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Romulus, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
any time a guest brings this issue to the front desk we make sure such issue has been taken care of right away , inspected and if found take proper measures to not to happen it again. Bed bugs some people call it travelers bug because they travel from one place to other place being a airport property we do get lot of travellers internationaa and domestic so we always make sure this thing never happens and if does we take care of it right away till than problem is completely gone thanks
Ellensburg, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Great location for the airport, nicely kept, pleasant feeling property.

Rooms are great, nicely furnished, comfortable...but this place has to have the thinnest walls of all the Choice properties we've stayed at. Had one of those stomping clowns in the room above us most of the evening, and at 5:30 in the morning...so suggest you ask or a top floor room.

Nice breakfast area, but mediocre breakfast. No fruit, rolls, muffins or the like. We got there at 7:15 a.m. and they had run out of both juices and all of the sausage and eggs. The majority of tables had been emptied by a shuttle passengers sometiime earlier, and the slobs that had used them had left all of their bowls, plates, nasty napkins, etc., at the tables. Evidently the motel did not have staff on duty for maintenance or replenishing of breakfast items. Kind if disappointing.

Anyway...not a bad place if you're not picky about your breakfast facility or items and can sleep amid chaos.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

My organization held an all-day strategic planning session at this hotel's third floor conference room. My colleague had called multiple times about the details for our day - including set up time, the need for coffee and food in the morning (which they confirmed), availability of a speaker phone for our meeting, room setup, etc. When we arrived a half hour before, they were using the conference room as a storage room. The room was not set up for our meeting. There was no food. They did not have a speakerphone and we ended up having to use my laptop/Google Voice. None of the amenities they promised were ready upon our arrival.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Upon booking our trip to Florida, we decided to drive to Detroit and leave our car so we chose the "Park - Sleep - Fly" option offered by the hotel. The morning before we left I decided to check reviews here, and several of them were poor. From problems in leaving their cars, to bed bugs. Oh no! We considered making other arrangements, but there were other good reviews so we decided to stick with the plan.

We checked in at the hotel on January 17th. The lobby and breakfast area looked fine. We were given room #111 on the ground floor. We checked the room, inspecting everything and even pulled up the sheets/blanket on the bed to look for bugs. We found nothing, the room was clean. And we slept just fine. The following morning my husband went to the lobby for the continental breakfast which is served from 5 - 9 a.m. He saw a pilot and a couple flight attendants in the lobby. I wouldn't think they would stay there if the hotel wasn't clean. We used the hotel's shuttle service to get to the airport and the driver was very pleasant and helpful. The staff of the hotel was the same way, we had no problems with them at all. In fact, about half way through our vacation we got a call from home saying the hotel was trying to get in touch with us. My husband called them and they said there was a problem with our credit card not going through so he called the credit card company and got that straightened out (we had not called them before leaving for vacation so they just wanted to verify it was us making the charges) and then called Ashley back at the hotel. And, we had made a reservation at the same hotel for the night we were returning, as it was a late evening flight and we didn't want to drive home after we got in. Well, our flight was cancelled because of the bad snow storm so my husband called the hotel, again spoke to Ashley and they were very accommodating to us and moved our reservation to the next night. He had to call her again to change it one more time as we couldn't fly home for a couple of days and Ashley was very sweet on the phone and reassured us our car would still be waiting for us upon our return. My husband felt like they were "old friends" after talking to each other so many times during our trip, and she was very pleasant and helpful and concerned each time.

We returned on February 3rd, and after getting our luggage from baggage claim we called the hotel and asked them to send a shuttle to pick us up (their shuttle runs 24-hours) and she said one would be there in a couple of minutes, and it was. Upon check-in she immediately gave us our car keys back, and we had seen our car parked in front when the shuttle dropped us off. They move the cars to a secure lot, and then bring it back to the front parking area of the hotel the day (or day before) you return.

After getting our keys back, we were given room #122 and again had a very restful night. Yes, it is an older hotel but it served our needs just fine. The only problems were the housekeeper had not vacuumed well between the beds (could have been an oversight), the security bar at the top of the door was broken, and the tub was cracking. This room could have used refurbishing. The room we were given before was in better condition. In the morning we went down for breakfast. They offered scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, a couple kinds of cold cereal, apples, English muffins, bagels, muffins and a few other things plus juices (although the machine wasn't working properly that morning), milk and coffee. We caught up with the news on the TV while we ate.

We had no issues with our car. Some in their reviews here had mentioned scratches, gas siphoning, towing issues, etc. We had no such problems and wouldn't hesitate to use their hotel and services again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The girl at the front desk was very friendly and courteous. The breakfast was a little disappointing, especially with a big photo of a waffle at the breakfast counter and no waffles included in the breakfast. The roof was fairly clean and aside from the airport, it was quiet.

BEfore we left in the morning, we found a bed bug crawling on the wall in the bathroom. We killed it and identified it by looking it up on the internet. We checked out mattresses and did not find any bed bugs waste, larvae or bed bugs. We didn't have any bites. Hopefully we didn't bring any home with us in our luggage or coats. Time will tell. We never mentioned it to the hotel staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Romulus? Share your experiences!