“Room/hotel beyond my expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 25 hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Room/hotel beyond my expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011 via mobile

Great place for what I paid, $111 for king bed/2 adults. Bed very comfortable, sheets very soft, pillows excellent! Bath & body works brand shampoo, conditioner good quality. Excellent tv, good coffee. Room very clean and nicely decorated. Bar/restaurant had decent prices and good tasting food (had walleye). Shuttle runs every 20 min's. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2011

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

While this isn't the kind of place I would choose for a vacation, this hotel was extremely accommodating and friendly to our conference of approx 115 people. At one point someone fainted, and the staff were responsive and caring, and asked about her and took good care of her. We also loved the food! They were more than willing to work with the food requests of our vegan and gluten-intolerant, etc. friends. I loved the restaurant inside, too. My bed was huge and comfortable, I like having a flat screen TV (NOT standard at every hotel, it turns out!), and I used the pool and hot tub every night. I liked the gym, even though it was small. It's not in a very attractive location, but the shuttles were consistent and timely, and the staff very courteous so everyone got in and out just fine. Overall, very pleased!

Room Tip: I had one on the first floor behind the front desk; very quiet, very nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was the 2nd Airport Marriot I tried, and the last time was in Pittsburgh. Their renovations were similar except that the room of this hotel is smaller. We arrived at about 4:00 pm and the check in was easy and efficient, and hotel staff willingly gave us a 2 double beds room while we check in despite I booked it through priceline. Staff attitude were professional. However, they could ask the client a bid more about where they are going. I found out later with another staff that the hotel provide a "deal" of airport parking of $30 a week right before the hotel and they could take you to the airport with their own shuttle. In-house buffet was for $12 per person and does not include with priceline price. Overall, the hotel is clean, updated, quiet and comfortable and I suggest to everyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to ask for a suitable room, and let them know you needed parking for additional days...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is the second time I have reviewed this hotel. My prior rating was all top scores!! Wonderful experience. However, I now must warn folks about the front desk manager and clerk that I encountered on Thursday, August 18th at 7pm. When we arrived - I asked for two double beds. The clerk looked through available rooms on the computer and apparently found one -- but called over the Manager and said "they would like two double beds - but I want you to see this". The mgr looked at our account and apparently - since we had booked through a discount bid for your price site - we had a cheap rate. The mgr made a face and said "We are really quite full tonite and we can not give you a room with two double beds". I said -- "okay -- I probably should have called earlier to request it - but I thought PL did request two double beds...." Before I could finish - he interrupted me in a loud voice so everyone around could hear and said -- well -- if you book with PL -- they request the cheapest possible thing they can request -- and that is what you have." I said -- please don't go there -- we love this hotel and how much we pay does not need to be advertised." That visibly upset the manager and the clerk and they gave us our room and quickly stated directions. Unfortunately, we walked the wrong way -- they saw us walk the wrong way and watched us wander around the first floor attempting to find the room. I finally had to go back to the clerk and ask for directions again -- she (in a snippy tone) said - you did not go the way I told you -- that is why you could not find your room". WOW -- what did we do to deserve that type of treatment. If this hotel does not want to deal with discount site users - then they should stop being a part of them. I was not upset that we could not get the bedding we wanted, but I was upset that we were spoken to and treated the way we were. In defense, other than these two people, we were treated well by other desk clerks when we asked questions (however -- would we have been if they knew we were in "the cheapest room possible"? This is sad as I love this hotel and have stayed there multiple times. No more. I will not be treated rudely and as inferior guests because I book through discounter sites.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Not much to report here! It's a clean, well-run airport hotel. Not surprisingly, it's very convenient to the airport. Staff were friendly. Rooms were clean, if not huge. The hotel met all of my expectations for a Marriott. The staff were willing to accommodate my last minute request to change from a 1-king room to 2-queens, even though the I had booked the cheapest available on-line rate, which was the 1-king room. So that is definitely a positive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I just had to await my flight back to home for a few days and wanted to use these days to advance my work. I think I was VEERY lucky to have ended up in this hotel for that: Veery comfortable EVERYTHING here. For only "relaxing" I'd not recommend it, as it's not situated in a beautiful natural environment, but for working (in the room or on the terrace) its very great! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We received a great rate on Priceline after being unexpectedly delayed by Delta Airlines. Check-in was a breeze and staff was very welcoming. We slept well - very quiet, very little airplane noise. Food at the hotel restaurant was better than average. Breakfast buffet is offered in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!