“Close to the Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Tiffin, Ohio
“Close to the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here (before flying to Detroit). Both times, it has been a very good stay! They used to have people park at the hotel for the Park and Fly package, but they did some remodeling and this time we parked at a place very close to the hotel. They let us take our car over to the parking facility the night before our flight, and then a shuttle brought us back to this hotel so we could sleep. We left right before breakfast started, but the lady in charge said we could have some juice or coffee before we left. The first time we stayed, the breakfast was delicious! Would recommend this hotel to others leaving from Detroit Metro Airport, and I would use it again in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Chelsey,

Thank you for reviewing our FIVE STAR quality service and accommodations. Again, it is our pleasure go above and beyond for every one of our guests BECAUSE WE CARE!

Upon the New Ownership/New Mgmt take over........yes, we are now serviced by AIRLINES PARKING for all the parking needs for our guests. They offer a FIVE STAR QUALITY service and a great partner for THE NEW COMFORT INN METRO AIRPORT. Airlines Parking and Comfort Inn exclusive shuttles run 24 hours a day....so we're always there for our guests when they need us.

Thanks again and look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future. Hopefully next time you'll enjoy our breakfast that starts at 4AM every single morning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Mercy is an Angel! I was delayed overnight by an airline error and sent to this Comfort Inn. Mercy went above and beyond to turn a terrible situation into a very pleasant experience. Thank you Mercy, and thank you Comfort inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Bonnie,

Glad to see that you've experienced our FIVE STAR SERVICE by one of our Elite agents, Mercy.

Going above and beyond for our guests is something we do and we do it well for ONE reason.......WE CARE.

Looking forward to accommodate your lodging needs in the future. Thank you
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I (ages 64 and 59 respectively) chose this property for two primary reasons: (1) we generally used the Comfort Inn chain because we're familiar with it and (2) we wanted something close to Detroit Metro for a short weekend trip.

This property is older and in need of attention. However, they are now under new ownership and undergoing some renovations/remodeling.

The lobby area is completed and quite attractive. The 'back' of the lobby is a small bar/grill. Although we did not order from the menu there (or get room service) the menu looked good and the prices reasonable. This newly renovated area is also where the morning breakfast is served. By the way, to accommodate guests who must arrive at the airport early, the breakfast service begins at 4:00a.m. Very nice for us who need to be at the airport by 6:00a.m.!

Our room was clean, especially the bathroom. The bathroom was small, but nice with all tile floor and surrounds, granite counter, hair dryer.

The room proper was in need of redecorating/renovating . . . but again, that is now happening.

Although we were near the airport, flights didn't bother us with noise, etc.

No hot tub or swimming pool at this property.

Oh. They do have a computer on the second floor lobby for customer use but it was "down". I needed to print boarding passes and the front desk folks helped me do that on their computer. ALL of the employees we encountered were super friendly and helpful

This is not the nicest Comfort Inn we've stayed at, but the price and location worked well. Because of their undertaking a remodel, I'd book here again . . . and look forward to seeing the improvements.

Room Tip: For the next several months from the date of this posting, ask if a renovated room is available. In...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and on behalf of my Elite team and myself, it was a pleasure servicing your needs during your stay.

Even though we don't have renovated rooms until a month from now.....Each and every one of our rooms are IMMACULATE clean and home away from home type of feeling.

Hope to see you in the future and accommodate you with all your lodging needs. Thank you.
Cleveland Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had stopped staying here (I stay in hotels 2-3 nights per week) about 6 months ago because they were more of a parking business for the airport and not a hotel. They're in the process of cleaning the place up and remodeling. I can finally connect to the internet with ease, have ALOT of choices on the tv, and the lobby looks great. The 5th star will come after they replace the furniture and TV's in the rooms. Very friendly staff and a gracious general manager.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dan,

Thank you for reviewing our FIVE STAR ELITE SERVICE we offered you during your stay. This is what we do.....and our Elite team will go above and beyond all the time and always......BECAUSE WE CARE!

Glad that you enjoyed our 50 MG SPEED INTERNET/Comcast. And yes, we already began the multi million dollar renovation and every inch of this hotel will be brand new except for the mature, experienced, and "go above and beyond" type of mentality staff.

Hope to see you lodging with us in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I found nothing but nice, helpful people in my 4 day stay. They are doing a remodel as well and it is going to be NICE! Airport location was great, not in the engine noise flight path but close enough to watch the planes land and wonder how the heck they even get those things in the sky. They upgraded me to the Jacuzzi suite when my room wasn't ready, whereas the hotel I was in the week before made me sit around for 2 hours, like it takes that long to clean one room! Very satisfied. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Doval B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
John,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our FIVE STAR ELITE SERVICE and we are happy you've experienced it first hand.

We look forward to accommodate your lodging needs in the future.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't normally leave a comment...but I had to this time. I must say....I've stayed at lots of Comfort Inn properties.....by far... this one has the winning team running the show at this hotel.

It is the small things that they do that highlighted my stay. Everything that me and my wife requested was provided....and even more.

From me and my wife from Europe, I would like to say to the Comfort Inn Metro Airport: Thank you for the personal treatment and We will definitely come back and stay with you again.

Yours Truly,

Stein and Jill

Room Tip: Mention what you need and it will be provided. Just like that.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stein,

Thank you for lodging with us and glad to see you've experienced first hand our FIVE STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Personalized service is what we do best and will continue providing such service to maintain number one status in our guests eyes all the time.

Thanks again and looking forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future.
Ocoee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here. The woman at the front desk yelled and lectured me and treats people terribly. The corridor to my room smelled musty and had a lot of stains. I asked to speak to the owner to complain about the woman at the front desk and after I talked to him nicely, he hung up on me. Not only that, This motel is so hard to find and it's in the middle of nowhere. Save your money and go anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
Belindabell,

We strive to provide nothing BUT FIVE STAR ELITE SERVICE for our guests and our Front desk agents are equipped with the utmost knowledge...experience and respect to our guest as our motto at our hotel is to satisfy each guest and make sure they are fully satisfied.

My mgmt. company manages this hotel property and I don't know who you are referring to when you said " you spoke to the owner" because it is surreal due to the fact a board of directors over see this property.

There is an error down the line that I would love to resolve. Please give me a call at the hotel 734-326-2100 and ask for the GM and I will be more than happy to talk to you and make sure you are satisfied because this is what my staff and I do best "satisfy our guests."

Been to Comfort Inn Metro Airport? Share your experiences!