“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8230 Merriman Road, Romulus, MI 48174 (Formerly Metro Inn)   |
Ranked #23 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Detroit, Michigan
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great value. Very clean and quiet. The general manager Steve was excellent. I will stay there again. They have really cleaned up this property. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and they also have an airport shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pawnee City, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel is safe, and very quiet. Allot of long term residents. Those who cannot afford an apartment stay here or cannot qualify. But I do have to say other than being very outdated. and needing new linen. It was some what clean. The head board fell off the bed and hit me in the head. and the fridge would not close. Other than that. I think you get the hint. In a pinch I would stay there again. But not my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Unfortunately I had to spend New Year Eve at a hotel near airport. To make a long story short. An airline referred some inexpensive hotels.
A girl i met in a similar situation booked this sight unseen. I told her I would not get a room there till I checked it out: and am glad I did. The looby reaked of smoke and so did her room. I told her you can stay here but I am not going to stay at this flea bag hotel and decided to go the the Embassy Suites. She agreed and when we went to the front desk the guy at the front desk said he did not want to refund her money because a hlf an hour passes by. We did not touch a thing and told him to check the room out. She said if you can give me a non smoking room I'll stay. So she checked out another room and it was even worse. Finally a girl who was checking in took her room and the guy gave Maria, my friend her money back! He insinuated we had some kind of brief encounter there. I was appalled. This guy should be fired!
We both checked into the Embassy Suites and were so delighted espcially with the hot breakfast the following day! Unless you like smoke and an unsafe environment don't bother with this one!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel like the Embassy Suites!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Arthur, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had to stay here because my flight got cancelled. Hotels.com pulled this place when I told them to get me a room under $100 a night. The facility was not the cleanest, or the most up to date. The man a nod woman at the front desk were nice, but the place needs some work.

Room Tip: Works in a pinch, but I wouldn't stay here for more than one night unless I forced to.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport

Address: 8230 Merriman Road, Romulus, MI 48174 (Formerly Metro Inn)
Location: United States > Michigan > Romulus
Business Center with Internet Access Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #23 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Hotel Class:2 star — Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Metro Hotel Romulus
Metro Inn

If you own or manage Magnuson Hotel Detroit Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.