“Overnight stay before flying” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7680 Merriman Road, Romulus, MI 48174 (Formerly La Quinta Inn )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Toronto, Canada
“Overnight stay before flying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This Holiday Inn is new and comfortable. The beds are comfortable and we found the hotel quiet. This was our second stay in 2015. We stay and use the parking and shuttle at the lot across the street. Convenient and timely. Would recommend with no issues.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I normally rave about HI Express, but not this one. First off, the one woman working the front desk was EXTREMELY SLOW, and I mean slow. We had to wait almost 20 minutes to check in. After a 3 hour drive, this is the last thing I wanted to do. The elevator was horrible dirty and well the room, eh, not much to say. Sorry HI, I would tell people to skip this hotel and stay at Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: ask to stay closer to elevator, or your walking a long way!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello Matt S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review providing us with your thoughts regarding your experience at our hotel. We would like to apologize that check in seemed to have taken longer than expected. I do see that you checked in late in the evening around our peak check in time, even during this time we like to provide each guest with our undivided assistance. In regards to the elevator, we strive to keep our facility clean and up to date. Common areas such as the elevators are cleaned each day by our housekeeping staff. If anything requires immediate attention throughout the day we encourage that it be brought to our attention as we are more than happy to attend to it. We appreciate your feedback and will remain hopeful of another opportunity to accommodate you.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, let me say that I only stay at holiday inn for work travel and have never asked to change rooms. I travel at least 3 times a month and this review really has nothing to do with the staff or the rooms. Both were very nice, newer and updated but the hotel design, you can literally hear everything. I tried from 11pm to 3 am to go to sleep but you could hear every noise, people walking down the halls, the elevator dinging, and yes, the couple next door if you get my drift. I finally moved rooms at 3 am to be awakened again at 4:30 by a crying baby. I am not a light sleeper but you could literally hear all of this like it was happening in your room. Stay at the holiday inn up the street to avoid all of this, never had a problem there

Room Tip: Never by the elevator if you must stay here
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello Clm20032014,

Thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for consistently choosing to stay at IHG hotels. I am very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations due to noise disturbances from other guest rooms. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention prior to departing from the hotel. We always appreciate having the chance to listen to our guest feedback first hand and having the opportunity to take care of our guests.
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

This Hotel is very clean and up to date. We are a family of five and the room we had was wonderfully spacious! The breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly. We do have one complaint, though our room was lovely, clean, beds comfortable we were beside the Electrical Room and Sprinkler System. Every 10 minutes you would hear a loud whoosh like a plane taking off. Unfortunately there were no other rooms so my husband and I did not get much sleep. Other than that I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not beside an maintenance room of any kind.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hello Wendy F,

Thank you for your delightful feedback! We pride ourselves on keeping our hotel clean and up to date and appreciate your recognition. It seems as though you had a room near the elevator and I am very sorry that noise proved to be a downfall of your stay as a result of your room location. We do hope that you choose our hotel for accommodations again and encourage that you leave a request for your room location as we do our very best to meet room requests/preferences prior to check in.
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

Stayed the night prior to flying to the Caribbean. Rooms are outstanding with more than adequate lighting (rare) and entire place was clean and well appointed. Park and fly parking is immediately behind the hotel and is a real plus!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
HIExDTW, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Hello Mike P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We love to hear that the park & fly package proved to be a highlight of your stay and that you enjoyed the convenience of the secured parking at Qwik Park. We hope that you had a great time during your trip to the Caribbean and that you keep us in mind next time you fly out of the Detroit Metro airport.
Livingston, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

I was stuck in Detroit because United canceled my flight. They gave me a hotel to choose and I picked this hotel, because the other was too far away.

The shuttle picked me up in about 5 minutes. He went right to the hotel. The driver was very friendly.

I got to the hotel around 12:45 am. The front desk had 2 people, a woman and a man. The woman was really nice, personable, etc. The man was very business and/or really tired.

The lobby looked nice. I was checked in quickly and went to my room. The hotel looked as if it was recently remodeled. The room was fantastic. Very clean, comfortable, easy clock, easy thermostat. The bathroom was nicer than some more upscale hotels I have stayed in. There was free Wi-Fi and free bottled water in the room.

I fell right asleep. I left at 4:30 am to catch my flight. When I checked out, much to my surprise, the man was still at the front desk. Still very business and still seemed tired.

The driver was prompt, helpful, friendly, etc.

If I was back in the area, I absolutely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Hello Robert S,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your experience. I am happy to hear that each aspect of your stay combined, created an overall excellent experience. We will look forward to having you as a guest again if you return to the area!
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

We have stayed at this hotel everytime we fly out of DTW. It is always clean and fresh looking. Large parking company is located just behind the property so it makes it very easy to park your vehical and catch a ride back to the hotel. You receive a coupon for 8 days of parking. Our only disappointment this past time was that we were on the ground floor and the people above us sounded like they were bouncing a basketball most of the night. Didn't sleep much.

Room Tip: This was our first time on the ground floor, in the future I would ask for a higher room.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Romulus / Detroit Airport? Share your experiences!