“I'm in a negative 3 star hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport

You added Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9191 Wickham Road, Romulus, MI 48174-1904 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
stl
“I'm in a negative 3 star hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

Well my family and i stayed here for one day thank god its over. The services were not up to my standards the iron was hooked to the board there was a cold breeze through our hallway we heard noises at night and it wasnt undentified.The beds were crampy too. Plus the breakfast was nasty we were expecting a hot meal and faced cereal with hard bread. The waffales tasted like cereal, the only thing that was pleasing to me was the orange juice.If you stay here bring a bible and the holy ghost. Im serious.

• Liked — juice and pool
  • Disliked — breakfast too cold in hallways
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

If you are looking for somewhere conveniently close to the airport, this hotel isn't bad. The staff were friendly and the free breakfast was ok. The decor is a little gaudy but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

We were put to this motel by Northwest airline since our flight was canceled. The room given to us was a smoking room with strong cigarette smell. We asked for a new room but was told that there is no other rooms available.

Their room service closed at 10:00 and so we went down to their bar to get some foods to go. While waiting on my carryout, I ordered a bottle of Ginesee but the beer was given to me unopened. The bartender was tired and when I asked for a can-opener, you can really tell she was unhappy.

The most awful thing about this motel is that they broadcast adult programs to every room. My kids were trying to find Cartoon network on the TV but saw a lady doing a BJ for a guy. I was so mad and changed the channel right away.

I reported this incident to the Best Western customer relationship hotline and was told that I have to talk to the motel manager directly and they could not do anything other than giving me a case number. I called numerous times but they just ignored all my messages and never bothered to call back.

• Liked — We were asked to pay for their complimentary breakfast since we were put to their hotel by our airline company
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Poughkeepsie, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

I was delayed by the airline and missed my connection and they gave me a room in this hotel. It's not great. The room was clean but VERY noisy because it's 1) right next to the interstate, and 2) right under the airstrip (apparently). I ate at the bar/grill and the food wasn't all that bad. No time to check out the other faciltities but I will say that I could get on the wireless internet for free and it was a breeze.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bowling Green, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

We were very pleased with this hotel. We weren't originally planning to stay here, but a major snow storm covered the area and we thought we should stay near the airport to catch an early morning flight. We made the arrangements literally at the last minute. We needed two rooms and they were able to accommodate us.

We especially were interested in the sleep and fly package that includes up to seven days of parking. The hotel uses Airlines Parking, one of the major parking providers for Detroit airport. I've parked my car there several times and like it. The lot is guarded and they have more shuttle busses than the other lots, I think. Very convenient.

When you are ready to leave in the morning, the front desk gives a voucher that you turn in when you pick up the car after the trip. You drive to the lot, leave your car, and the parking lot takes you to the airport. Upon returning, just hop on the shuttle to the parking lot, retrieve your car, show the voucher, and you're on your way. Worked very well for us.

The rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. The bed linens and carper were worn but clean. It's not especially modern, but it's certainly fine for a night before flying out. There is a very nice pool available, but we arrived too late to use it.

A very nice continental breakfast buffet is included, and a full breakfast buffet (including eggs and breakfast meats) can be added for a nominal price. The free buffet includes coffee, juice, toast, muffins, donuts, and hot oatmeal (not instant oatmeal). Overall, very satisfying.

This is a huge hotel. Despite the fact that many people were looking for a room that night because of the snow storm and canceled flights, they still had plenty of availability.

I would gladly stay here again the night before the flight. The rate for hotel + parking is only slightly more than what I would pay for only seven days of parking.

• Liked — Location, Sleep & Fly program
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

Booked this hotel to stay at the night before we flew out for your honeymoon. The women at the desk gave us our vouchers for our parking and directed us to the lot. When we arrived home the next week at 1am, the driver would only take us from the airport to the hotel stating that since we didn't have our parking vouchers he couldn't take us to the lot. After lugging our 4 bags down the road in the middle of the night, we went to leave the lot with the vouchers we were given, and were told we were parked in the wrong lot and had to pay for parking. The women at the desk had told us to park in the wrong lot! I have called the hotel every day since we arrived home, with no call back from the managers. I will never stay at another Best Western ever again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Midwesterner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. Since it was a Best Western, my expectations of the hotel were pretty low. I knew going in it was not a 5 star hotel, but at least hoped it would be decent. When I arrived at the airport, I called the hotel to have the hotel shuttle come. Initially I missed the first time the shuttle driver came around because the shuttle van has two different hotel names on it.

When I arrived at the hotel, the front desk receptionist seemed pretty nice and the ambiance of the lobby was pretty good for a Best Western. And that's about as good as it gets. As I walked through the hallway to get to my room, it was humid and muggy. When I finally got to my room, the first thing I noticed is that room door didn't completely shut; you had to push it closed.

Then I immediately inspected the bathroom and found the tub was still dirty and there was a large spider crawling on the floor.
I covered the nasty spider with a towel and decided to go watch some tv. To my surprise, there was no remote control for the television, so I had to manually change the channel which was pretty annoying.

The room itself was run down. There were holes in and tears in the walls. The only thing that actually seemed clean was the hot tub which was a surprise.

So then I decided to catch some lunch at the cafe since I had a long morning. And guess what! The cafe doesn't serve lunch; just continental breakfast and dinner.

And the so called business center only had 1 of the 3 computers networked to the printer, so if you weren't lucky enough to get the computer attached to the printer you just couldn't print. So I had to print my boarding pass at the airport terminal.

Luckily I was only staying there for one night. I was so glad to go home. In comparison to other comments, I had no problems with the shuttle service; it was the only reliable and good thing there.

Funny thing as I was leaving, I went to the front desk to inquire about when the next shuttle would be coming and the two receptionists were talking about how a couple was complaining that their honeymoon was ruined because their hotel was so dirty and I was laughing to myself, it is dirty! lol

• Liked — its proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — it was dirty!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!