“Dirty and overpriced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9191 Wickham Road, Romulus, MI 48174-1904 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #20 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Golden, CO
“Dirty and overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in February of 2013 and will not be back. This hotel is old and on the verge of run down. My room was dirty and I couldn't wait to leave. The halls were being repainted and much of the hotel smelled of paint. The only pluses are its location near the airport and it was pretty quiet.

• Stayed February 2013

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was looking for a decent hotel for a solo stay the night before my flight was to leave. From driving by other hotels and looking at a few, Best Western seemed a tad more comfortable. The room was off the pool area, and anyone making noise in that area echoes throughout the entire place, making it very annoying when you want to relax. There is a sliding door instead of a window facing this area, and when I got into the room, it wasn't closed tight. The curtains placed over this also don't completely block out the light either. The bed was comfortable but smelled like cologne, as if the bedding hadn't been completely washed from the previous guest. As others said too, the bathroom seemed tiny. I'm 5 feet tall, but the sink only went up to maybe my thighs. The water pressure was insanely loud. There were also gaps in the door.

I ordered food from the restaurant, and it was only okay. Nothing fancy. The shuttle to the airport was quick and convenient. I would possibly stay again if I had an early flight but probably not if I had a longer stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Advertised 100% non-smoking. Had to be moved from 1st room due to being VERY smoky. Extremely dated decor, tiny bathroom, noisy, breeze under door. Good valet parking service for DTW. Sad, older hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool are noisy because of constant foot traffic past the room, so choose something away f...
Monroe, Michigan, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed at other Best western hotels. This particular one, located by the airport however, I cannot rave about it. Now, the room was very clean, staff was good, the meal we ordered from the restaurant, was excellent. The poolside room was terrible, there were teenagers and kids running up and down the halls all night, the hot tub had way too many people in it, spilling the water over. I was able to get in only once. My daughter could swim only once, the water she said was cold. We had went on a leisure trip, for valentines week, to swim and have fun. I was irritated the entire time, and kept us in our room. I checked out early at about 9:30 when we still had time, because i was so disappointed. Will not stay here again, unless it improved. I did notify this hotel about my disappointments, and they did listen and document it, and apologized.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The receptionist hardly looked at me during the check-in time and didn't smile once! She didn't even wish me a pleasant stay. There was no one else in the lobby so it wasn't as if she was too stressed or so either, it wasn't late at night (5 pm) and I was not having anymore request but a crib at my room. Don't know what her problem was. When I hadn't got my crib yet at 8 pm I called down to the reception again to renew my request, it arrived after 30 minutes. The other receptionist that wasn't any better. Going to swim with my four kids in the pool, I was waiting to get a wrist band at the desk while she ignored me and checked in people that wasn't even in the lobby when I got there. Some of the sheets were dirty but got new ones in a hurry (did put them on myself though). Pool was freezing cold and so was the air around since it basically is in the lobby. The breakfast was okay, but the breakfast host Ivan was fantastic. The rest of the staff has a lot to learn from him regarding service mindedness!! Thank you Ivan for making sure we got great service at least the last hour we were at this hotel!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very professional and courteous. The hotel is dated, but clean. The "restaurant" is below average. I ordered a steak which they were out of. I ended up with the roast beef which was very dry and over cooked. Veggies were cold. Wine was subpar but it was my first "meal" of the day and I was hungry. Would recommend eating some place else. I was just happy to have a room since my flight was canceled!

• Stayed February 2013
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is near the airport and popular for crew, park n' fly, and 1 nighters. The entire place is run like a factory...get you what you need and get out. The rooms were perfectly fine, smallish, fine beds, small toilet/shower area, but has everything you need. The staff were not overly friendly....but again, there job is to get you in and out and to the airport in time. And no complaints there. The indoor pool was freezing, lots of kids running around and very noisy. The gift shop sold snacks, pop, etc...prices were outrageous. Wouldn't pay more than $100 including a week of parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport

Address: 9191 Wickham Road, Romulus, MI 48174-1904 (Formerly Best Western)
Location: United States > Michigan > Romulus
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #20 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.