“Airport Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Columbia, United States
“Airport Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Overall stay was ok, but would not recommend, as I have stayed next door and would suggest that hotel 1st. The float in the toilet was not working properly and the water ran constantly, we kept the lid off and push float down with every flush. We stayed in room 236 (next to stairwell) very noisy, our door was bumped several times, pretty sure by other guests using the stairs. Very suprised by the $10.00 fee for breakfast, I had stayed next door several times where they have a continential breakfast, and was expecting the same at this hotel. My wife had somthing to eat, I passed and went without. Other than the above everything was OK, next time, I will try to stay next door, as have not run into any issues at that hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Warren, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall I would say this is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was very helpful and polite. The only downfall is the constant airplanes flying over your head. It was very loud and made the seminar a bit difficult to hear.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Waterford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was a very pleasant place to stay the night before an early flight. Easy for the stay park fly option. Will keep this hotel in mind when taking another early morning flight. The hotel staff was awesome when we checked in and assisted us with all our requests.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lora L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
PA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A typical Hilton Garden meeting their standards for attractive environment, quick check in and nice rooms. The staff at this facility went above and beyond, saving dinners for patrons arriving late, tired and hungry from a long day of rerouted flights due to hurricane Arthur. Shuttle every 15 minutes takes only 10-15 minutes one/way airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Your positive comments are very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to make them. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Port Stephens, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed her 3 nights and found was very comfortable. Room was spacious and clean with several good eateries close by. We did eat 2 nights at their restaurant and found this was good. Based ourselves here to explore the city and surrounds (10 minutes to Henry Ford) as well as the NASCAR race in June. Would recommend and defiantly return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
detmagi_48174, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It means a lot that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online and we hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in the Detroit area.
Oakwood Village, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always will stay on Hilton and Hampton Inn properties. I prefer this hotel chain over any other. I definitely enjoyed my stay and loved the quiet. I just wish I had had more time there. I will come again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

detmagi_48174, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I needed to stay at this hotel during a business trip and arrived to find out I was booked incorrectly for 1 night instead of 2 and I was informed that no rooms were available for a 2nd night. I was then informed that another room was "not in rotation yet" because the carpets had just been cleaned and might be damp but I could have that room for 2 nights so I agreed. Turns out "not in rotation yet" means the room hasn't been cleaned in a very long time. There were peanuts behind the night stand, a side table had a layer of dirt on it, the chair next to it had never been vacuumed and the phones in the room had grime on the keys. Oh and I killed 4 spiders in the room during my stay. I would have walked out but all the hotels near by were booked and I had no other choice. If you stay at this hotel, check your room carefully!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 124!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!