“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, United States
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location was convenient for my family to attend my graduation from the University of Michigan. The close access to HW 94 got us from Ann Arbor to Detroit and everywhere in between without a problem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The room was a Hilton Garden Inn quality room. Totally gets the job done. I was comfortable. The beleaguered front desk person was yelled at by a women ahead of me concerning Hilton points. He was kind and patient. It was painful to watch. The hotel was packed that evening, probably due to U of Michigan graduation.

I was shocked that they charged for the breakfast! And, the breakfast was very unappetizing for this pescatarian. I do like an egg breakfast sandwich, or scrambled eggs, but alas, none were to be had that morning.

If you happen upon this Detroit airport hotel, you'll be just fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I arrived late in the night and decided to drive to my destination the followiing morning. This hotel is very comfortable with a great staff. The beda are nice and the room is silent. I plan to stay here again next time I am in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have recently started staying at Hilton Gardens when I travel for the simple reason that I always know what to expect. The rooms are laid out pretty much the same, they always have a coffee maker, the beds are comfortable, and it's at a fair price. Equally important is the gathering place in the lobby. I always enjoy having a place to sit and relax without having to look for a restaurant way from the hotel when I am on a business trip. Can't beat the location for the proximity to the airport. Only five minutes to arrive at the airport.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Shelby Township, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel was very clean and had more to offer than I was expecting. The lobby was very welcoming with the bar, television and complementary water, coffee and snacks. The outside of the hotel was also a very relaxing atmosphere. I spent time on the furnature outside watching the planes come in to the airport. The only issue I had was the bed being very uncomfortable, otherwise that was easily looked over.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We checked in to the Hilton Garden Inn at the Detroit Metro Airport. The hotel is no more than 5 minutes from the airport and very easy to find.

Check in was uneventful and the front desk personnel were very nice. We immediately went to the business center to check on a few things and it was well equipped and everything worked well.

Our room had two double beds and they were both comfortable. The bathroom was good size and was very clean.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were 20 minutes from Ann Arbor and 20 minutes from Comerica Park where we were going to a ballgame. That made the stay very uneventful.

Housekeeping had our room clean for our second night and everything went well. Checkout was smooth without any issues.

Because of our schedule we did not use the restaurant, but it looked much like any Hilton Garden Inn we have stayed at.

If ever in Detroit again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: High room away from front is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Crown Point, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice place to stay for business trips I stay at this same hotel a couple times a month - I have asked for extra coffee and sugar in my room. I leave the do not disturb sign up during my stay and would just like coffee for the mornings that I do not have the room cleaned - whereas I don't receive coffee. Most front desks clerks are as friendly as can be - very nice - on the other hand the midnight guy always wants to charge me a dollar for each coffee that I ask for. If I am staying for two nights - three mornings - I would like six coffee's left in my room - two for each morning - so it really is not costing the hotel any extra dollars. Thank you for your time

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!