“Airport location, wonderful breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park & Fly Special
Ranked #9 of 25 hotels in Romulus
New Berlin, WI
“Airport location, wonderful breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our room was clean, the staff was friendly and very competent, the Internet was fast and easily accessible. The breakfast was WONDERFUL. The breakfast staff and cook could not have been better! They seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs and wanted to ensure we had everything we wanted. We actually went back to our room to get more cash for a larger tip.

The towels were soft and plentiful. The jets do fly overhead but this is right by the airport.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice facility and staff is accomadating and friendly. The food is good which is important because dining options around the hotel are sparse. The wireless internet was an issue as I was kicked-off a few times. I've stayed here before and had simialr issues w/ the wireless internet.

Cancun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoy all Garden Inns, you always know what to expect. Helpful, friendly, clean, comfortable hotels. The rooms are big, the beds big and comfortable, the linens fresh and clean and the staff very friendly. Fresh coffee and tea available all day, warm cookies during the late afternoon and evening hours. Convenient to the airport.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton Diamond Preferred member, but this Hilton Garden Inn fell well below my expectations. The wireless internet connection in the room was terribly slow. When I made the staff aware of the problem, they brought me an ethernet cable for a wired connection. However, this wired connection was no better than the wireless. So, I was unable to get any work done on the night before I left on a two week, out of the country business trip. The satisfaction guarantee cannot recoup my lost productivity and I will not be staying at the this location again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed of our Wi-Fi connection. We strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms; however, I apologize if we came short of delivering what you expected from us. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel itself is a nice enough facility. I took my family of 6 there for the sleep park and fly. We stayed over the Tuesday night before the Easter long week-end. Prior to booking, the staff over the telephone gave me some bad advice. She said because of our family size, we could book the handicapped room which has two double beds in it, and that the room was so big we could get two roll away beds in it. The problem was that when we got to the hotel, we could only get one because of fire code regulations. It would have been nice to have everyone on the same page. It was a tight fit for our 9 year old and 6 year old to share a twin bed for the night. Our bill came to $150+ so it wasn't the best price, but because we were going to be able to get the two roll away beds I was fine with that. We couldn't get the in room wireless internet, and with four kids under 12 to wind down before bed that was unfortunate. Just a heads up that a baileys shot is $8. I don't spend a lot of nights in hotels, so I'm not accustomed to these prices. There's a beer and liquor store a couple blocks north on Merriman Road on the east side of the street. The pool was good for the kids, but I have to say that the hot tubs jets just pushed the water around and didn't massage like a normal hot tub does. The fitness room was adequate enough. It had two tread mills, a stair climber, dumbbells, bosu balls, and a cable weight machine. We never ate in the lobby restaurant, so can't comment on that. I just got back from the trip and Hilton wanted a survey filled out and then an option to add a trip advisor, so I did. I never went to the front desk to demand anything because of the room mess up, but Hilton just told me that there is a satisfaction guarantee as part of this survey. I will add (If I can) whether Hilton responds to my survey. (This is the first time I filled out one of these)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The employees were very helpful and nice as with all the Hilton Hotels that I have stayed at. Unfortunately the hotel is somewhat run down and not up to Hilton standards. The food at the restaurant was OK, not what I have become accustomed to when dining at Hilton restaurants. The room description upon making the reservation said that the room had a sleep number adjustable bed but found a standard mattress in the room. This would not be my first choice for a hotel if staying in the Detroit Airport area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that your fund our staff to be helpful and friendly. I do however understand that you found our property to be somewhat rundown. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Yours in Hospitality,
Joseph Felice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is relatively modern. The business center is first class, with updated equipment...as is the work out area. The lobby is engaging and caters to small meetings over coffee or a glass of wine. The staff seemed very eager to help and makes the hotel seem a little more 'up scale'. My room was quiet and clean...typical Hilton style.
The only down side that I saw was the breakfast sitting area, although modern, it did not cater to groups larger than 2-4. This might make it more challenging to find a place to sit for families.
I will be back for the next business trip in Detroit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to complete a review of your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport!

We also love our new lobby and the equipment in the business center. I am pleased to hear the stay was eager to help and created even more of an upscale feel to the hotel.

We do have our garden table in the center of the restaurant which is great for families or groups to gather during breakfast or dinner.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the area.

Joseph Felice

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!