“Excellent stay! Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go!
Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Romulus
Tiffin
“Excellent stay! Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very comfortable and nice place! Beautifully decorated, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, very nice pool and spa area. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Shuttle to and from Metro Airport was very convenient. All around great experience, highly recommend.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Canfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came to town to attend the Fathers' Day weekend "Motor Muster" car show at Greenfield Village in Dearborn. Even though we have a Hampton Inn in our home city, we had never availed ourselves of their hospitality. What a wonderful experience! Having read reviews about this facility, including issues with airliner noise, we felt the value more than offset an airport location. Our "studio" room was large, inviting, and exceptionally well appointed. We especially appreciated the well designed location of the room HVAC unit so that it does not blow directly, or reflected, onto the main sleeping area, yet maintains an even temperature. The breakfast area is expansive, well-lighted, and particularly well staffed. Items were restocked when supplies became low, not after several requests by patrons. Tables were cleared and cleaned frequently, even if there were many clean spots available. KUDOS! We will definitely stay at a Hampton again, but likey not so near an airport. Unless, of course, we're flying somewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a great value for the dollar. The facility is clean and well-maintained. All the amenities are as stated - nice weightroom with several treadmills, bikes, ellipticals and free weights, inside pool and hot tub area, full hot breakfast... bagel toppers? Yum. Had a family with about 18 kids beside us one night slamming doors and running up and down the hall... that can happen almost anywhere. Pleasant, friendly and professional staff. It's a ways out if you don't need to be close to the airport. I would stay here again.

Oswego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The location of the hotel seemed a bit odd. There wasn't much around it and there were a lot of empty fields nearby (perhaps for future development). However, the proximity to the expressway was a plus.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had an early flight so I stayed at this hotel. I believe it is the second time I stayed here. Everything was as expected in such a property: clean, comfortable, and efficient. It all worked great and I am sure I will be returning. Kudos to the management and staff.

Room Tip: I did not hear any, but airplanes approach DTW right above the hotel. I am not sure, but maybe there...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oswego, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I are going on college trips over the summer for my daughter and the University of Michigan is one of the schools we were visiting. After having read all of the reviews on Tripadvisor as well as others and comparing prices of the hotels in the general area, we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn in Romulus, MI, by the airport.

The most positive thing that struck me about the hotel is their friendly and very attentive staff. Every time we walked in and out the the hotel we had to pass the front desk and each time, the staff would greet us and ask us if they could help with anything. On the first night we noticed that there weren't enough towels, so we called down to the front desk and within 10 minutes the towels were delivered to our door. Additionlly, I had been looking at the tea selection in the lobby area one night and one of the staff members noticed and ran over to get more tea from the back without me even asking. I didn't really even need them as they were fully stocked already. Also, every time we ate breakfast, while the selections were very similar to the comperable hotels i.e., eggs, sausages cereals etc., the food trays were always filled and the staff came to all of the tables to see if we needed anything. Wow! You don't see that very often. Usually in these hotels the lines for food are long, there is little seating, the food bins are empty and there is no one in sight to fill them. So, needless to say, we were very impressed. The breakfast area was always pretty quiet and I believe that most of the people there were professionals there on business. No kids running around or being loud.

The location of the hotel is a little odd. In order to get there from the interstate, you have to constantly make U-turns and there is a series of winding roads that leads you straight through miles of farms/fields. This can get rather confusing and we ended up making a few go-rounds before we found the hotel. There are several hotels all clumped together in the same general location. Fields on one side of the hotel for miles and down the road on the other side are the airport runways and a small street with a few fast food restaurants. While the runways were very close and we could hear the planes taking off, I didn't really find it a problem and the last plane we heard was at around 11:00 p.m. The location does make it a great hotel for the professional who wants to be close to his/her flight. The location is also fine for those who are visiting the University if you don't mind a commute. It is about 1/2 hour away and the traffic didn't seem too bad even during rush hour. However, as it is in the middle of nowhere, there aren't that many restaurants to choose from if you stay in the area. At least I didn't see many. But we spent much of our time around campus, and really didn't do any exploring around the hotel so there may have been other restaurants that we just didn't notice.

All in all we had a good stay at the Hampton Inn and I would have given them a five star rating, however, there were just a few small things that made them miss the mark. Again, the location is somewhat "off the beaten path", secondly, while everything else looked clean, when I first checked in I found a hair on the bathroom floor and I know it wasn't from my family. This happened on the second day of our stay as well, which tells me that maybe they aren't cleaning as well as they could, even though everything else looked clean. Thirdly, the toilet didn't flush well. I don't think it was malfunctioning, I just think it was one of those "green" toilets that save energy. However, I found myself having to flush more than once for it to do it's job. On the upside, the water velocity in the shower was great. I hate when the water just trickles out of the showerhead, so this is a big plus for me.

I feel that this hotel is good for the price. It's not perfect and they could use a little update relative to furniture and carpeting and the problems I found with the hotel were just minor annoyances to me so I didn't feel it warrented reporting them to the manager. However, the big plus in their favor and what will make me come back again and recommend others to stay here is the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff. For me, that's what makes this hotel stand apart from many of the others.

North Myrtle Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I travel for Business and Pleasure. I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn Romulus. There was a small problem handled quickly when I tried to connect to the internet. A young Man from the concessions stand was dispatched to help me and it was quickly settled. The van drivers to and from the airport were great. Personable and I didn't have to wait. Breakfast was good, plenty of choices. The fitness Center was more than adequate and the equipment new and well kept. The bed was great and the pillows perfect. High Marks! I got the AARP rate and it was very reasonable! When you weigh out all the other factors - this was the best option!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus? Share your experiences!