“If only all Hampton Inns were like this one!” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31700 Smith Rd., Romulus, MI 48174   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go Package!
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Charlotte, North Carolina
“If only all Hampton Inns were like this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

By my head-line you can see I am not a great fan of Hampton Inns. In fact as a Diamond Club member I try to avoid them. Until NOW!

Driving up, this look like a real "city hotel", not a tired old motel at the side of the interstate. The lobby is open and inviting. It has the new look of updated tables and serving areas with large flat screen TV's.

The front desk staff was great. I even got upgraded to a suite. Now let me tell you abou their suites. Not the two room thing. Here you walk in, a bar to your left with bar sink, large granite counter, refrigerator and microwave under the counter. Hampton's new single serve coffee service. Beyond the room. LARGE with a really business friendly desk dividing the sleeping and converstaion areas. All very tastefully furnished with pleastant lighting. The bath was broken into two sections, bath and toilet behind closed door. The vanity with granite counter open to the room. Nice lighting and mirrors. Bed was really comfortable.

My wife even commented how pleasant the decor was.

TIP: For dinner walk across the parking lot to the Hilton Garden Inn (skip the Sheraton) food was tastey, the drinks nice size. The prices reasonable.

I would stay at Hampton more often, if only I could find out which ones were this nice.

Don.

Room Tip: We had a high floor , but had no problem with aircraft noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

In Detroit for Thanksgiving to attend the Packers-Lions game and we choose this hotel based on the high ratings it received and we were not disappointed. Roger from the front desk went beyond the call of duty when I handed him my cell phone and he helped my son manuever through the busy Detroit airport on Thanksgiving morning. This is a modern and clean hotel and we especially liked the big flat screen tvs, the comfy duvets and the convienent location. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed here in November, 2011, and we're very well pleased. Staff were all congenial and very helpful!
We had an excellent breakfast w/eggs, sausage, fruit, etc.

They offer 8 days free parking at the adjacent Park & Fly, andP&F offers additional days at $8/ day.
You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was here for a 1 night stay for business and had a great stay. the property is in excellent condition, the staff if very helpful/professional and the location is really good as well. A couple of miles away from the DTW airport and close to several restaurants of all different types of price points and cuisine types...or you can walk a few feet to the Hilton Garden Inn and grab dinner there.

I was up late and watching TV in the lobby area and the hotel's shittle driver was gettig boilng water for a guest to make a hot snack with vs. just pointing the guest in the direction of the hot water.

Rooms have a nice desk area, Fridge and microwave and a large flat screen. The room was immaculate, the heat works well and is fairly quiet and the bathroom was also in excellent condition.

When in the area I will stay either here or the Hilton Garden Inn, which is another excellent property with the same type of great staff right next door. I believe the person who owns these two properties also owns the the Embassy Suites so I would try their as well.

For both the HGI and the Hampton Inn the room and facility in general is amazingly quiet despite being right next to the airport and near the flight plath.

Checkin Process was amazingly fast, they had everything predone so I am guessing it took less than a minute from when I walked up to the counter to I was walking to the elevators. this is not m first stay here and it was like this when I had previously stayed here.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. I have stayed on multiple floors on multiple sides and they all...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after a late night flight arrival. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, with clean duvets, no comforters that aren't washed after every guest. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The close proximity to the airport makes traveling easy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Albion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

To allow a somewhat more leisurely trip, I decided to stay at the Metro Airport Hamption Inn and Suites before my morning flight. The room was, in fact, a suite and was very comfortable. The desk personnel were personable and pleasant people with whom to deal. The shuttle was on time and I experienced no problems.
before, during, or after my stay. I will use their services again.

Room Tip: Become a Hilton Honors member.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

What an awesome hotel. The hotel is newly built and is well maintained. The check-in moved quickly however a line soon formed behind us.

We stayed in a room with two queen beds. The room was huge and well layed out. The bed was so comfortable however I think I have an issue with the pillows the Hilton Hotels choose to use because I just can't find a comfortable one for me. The pillow appear large and fluffy, however when I lay on them they seem to deflate into a pancake. I do not fault this hotel for this.

The manager was more than accomadating when we needed some milk for our three year old and allowed us to grab a cup out of the breakfast station.

The breakfast was to be served at 6am.

First, the breakfast was very good, nicely presented, and clean. The staff person that we saw working the breakfast was very pleasant.

On the negative side, being primarily an airport hotel, I felt the breakfast should have opened a little earlier than 6am. There were at least three groups of us waiting for the doors to open and I feel, as did another woman we talked to, believed that a 5:30am breakfast opening would be more appropriate, at the least. Full disclosure, we had no issues with this and were able to get down our breakfast with about four minutes to spare before out 6:20am shuttle.

Overall, I will certainly choose this hotel again and would, without a doubt, recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor room due to the air traffic overhead. We stayed on the fifth floor, the top fl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus? Share your experiences!