“Gem of a B&B, incredible value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grandma's House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockford
Grandma's House Bed & Breakfast
You added Grandma's House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
126 S Fremont Street, Rockford, MI 49341   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockford B&B and Inns
Ann Arbor, MIchigan
“Gem of a B&B, incredible value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As part of a long summer bike trip, I rode the White Pines State Park Trail south from Cadillac and chose Grandma's House to spend the night. I thought it would be nicer than a chain hotel near Grand Rapids, and they told me they had many cyclists stay with them (it's only a few blocks off the trail).

I arrived after a 12-hour ride in steady rain. Despite rain gear, everything I had was wet and/or muddy. But "Grandma" Chichi and her husband Larry made me feel welcome right away. Fortunately I was the only guest that night, so I took over the upstairs bathroom to wash and dry myself and my gear, and she tossed my wet clothes in her dryer. Then I slept like the proverbial rock in a very comfortable bed.

These are very nice and down-to-earth folks. They'll have breakfast ready when you want it (just tell her the night before) and will have you feeling like you're part of their family. During breakfast I learned about what several of their 19 grandchildren are up to, and a visiting great-granddaughter joined us too. This place is an incredible value at $60.00 per night, and I will definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.

Note: This is their home, so don't expect it to be like a hotel. I don't think they have wifi, and only one bedroom has a TV. Spend some time sharing stories with them instead. Also, call at least a day ahead to be sure they have a room available for you. They are often unable to accommodate drop-ins.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business

Been to Grandma's House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!