“Horrible Experience - Stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Horrible Experience - Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Went for a late lunch - not many people at the restaurant. Most food was old and cold and a bit crusty to say the least. Many empty trays. But that in itself was not the bad part. They bring out crablegs and I proceeded to get myself a plate. Just as I start breaking one apart, the waitress comes over. She says, that's dinner, you have lunch - she takes the plate from me and puts the food back on the buffet table. I couldn't believe what just happened. She did not understand English. I would have gladly paid the dinner price to finally get some fresh food ... not only was it the rudest thing that has ever happened to me, I am also considering other customers that get food that was taken from my plate (which I had touched). This is absolutely gross. Needless to say, we are not going back. We used to go there often and my husband ate there frequently for lunch. I hope they go out of business.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Troy
“Stale Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We moved nearby so I went for take out from the buffet. The food was actually stale and probably for the first time in my life I threw away almost full boxes of food. I kept the boxes to take back and give it to the restaurant people but was too much of a hassle. I'm leaving a late review as I came across the listing looking for another restaurant.

Visited December 2010
dkai
“OMG!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

When I first went in this place it seemed nice I looked at the buffet and decided to eat there. Our first course is always salad they had alot of nice things on the salad bar everything looked really fresh until I sat down to eat they had a seafood salad that was spoiled and the bacon bits were stale. My mom told the waitress that the salad wasnt any good and she ran over and said she tasted it then threw it out. Then she said go and try it my question is why would I torture myself again????? Then you think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and went and got all my favorites for my entree the egg foo yong was dried up so was the rice the steamed dumplings tasted like they were made with something other than meat and vegetables the wonton soup was even funky. How do you mess up wonton soup? SOO I pushed that to the side and went and got an ice cream cone as I was getting it A thought popped in my head watch the cone be stale guess what the cone was really stale!!!!!! When she brought the check she hadnt discounted anything most restaurants will atleast do that for you so you can think about coming back. I went to talk to her about my disatisfaction and she said the seafood salad wasnt spoiled well it was alittle bit If it wasnt spoiled why did she throw it out HMMMM maybe she didnt throw it out!!!! They didnt want to discount us and we will not be going back not would I recommend it to my worst enemy. And this the kicker my daughter said the fortune was even stale. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great for Takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I have eaten at the buffet a few times and found it to be about as average as it gets. Takeout, on the other hand, is a different story and it quite good. I can't really complain about anything I have ordered from there for takeout, and I do go there about once a week. Their food is consistent and takes good. I think their szechuan beef is the best I have had anywhere. They also make good lo mein.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester MI
“Hope you have health insurance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

China King Super Buffet has recently been re-opened after a rather protracted closure (nearly a year). There were a number of these types of all-you-can-eat china buffets that opened about the same time around 5 - 7 years ago. This one seemed to open late in that flurry, and was one of the last to close its doors. It was impressive when first opened, but quickly fell in quality. Items on the menu, languishing on the steam tables for hours, were at best OK quality if you are able to get them as they leave the kitchen. They quickly became overcooked and dryed out as they sat for hours on the steam tables. The menu was heavy on the fried chinease entres, aparently since those stayed well for longer times. Items such as the deep fried scallops soon turned to the buffet version of Al Capone's safe - impressive on the outside but nothing really inside. There is a sushi table with a small sampling of the california roll, some simple salmon and tuna rolls, etc. Think of a lower-quality version of supermarket sushi and that's about right. There is also a table that has all you can eat king crab. The ones that I tried on a number of occasions were overcookinf, very salty, basically an insult to the crab industry. There was also a station with a guy who will cook items to order, but the last three time we went there that station was never staffed. The very last time we ate there something was terribly wrong. 5 of 6 attending were very ill afterwords, two getting violently sick and the other on a couch or chair for hours. The restaurant locked its doors soon afterwards. That was a year ago. A coupon for the place arrived in the local Val-Pac envelope. I called and learned that the same owners are running it. The person I spoke to said that they were closed due to a ongoing negotiation with the building owners and the restaurant's lease. In my opinion this would be the last all you can eat place I'd go into. If you want good Chinese food go to Cheng's in the Blockbuster strip mall 1/2 block north on the other side of Rochester Road.