“American Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“American Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have to agree with my collegue below. Second time staying here whilst on business. Always guaranteed a comfortable and pleasant stay.
One area of improvement would be to have tea & coffee facilities available through-out the day, and not just limited to breakfast.
Will be returning soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We are so grateful that you enjoy yourself when you visit with us.

Overnight hotel guests may always get fresh coffee or tea at any time during the day while here. In the morning as you know, we offer our beverages in the library. Any time after that you may get coffee or tea through Brookshire Restaurant on a to-go basis.

All of us look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Please ask for me when you are here next.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

During an exceptionally cold week, stayed here for 6 nights and the welcome we received was second to none. From the moment the door was opened on our arrival until the morning we left nothing was a problem. The staff are excellent, courteous and friendly. The rooms were tastefully furnished, immaculately clean and spacious, great bathroom with quality toiletries. Breakfast was fantastic with several choices and various coffee and tea (English breakfast tea was available), the restaurant was just as welcoming with some superb choices. Having occupied the bar most evenings, there was a wide selection of drinks available and the staff were fantastic.
As a regular traveller worldwide, this hotel is definitely my number one.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front, my colleagues stayed at the rear of the hotel, both were quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you so much for telling us that we are number one in your opinion of your travels. I know that our team will be thrilled to hear this.

For me to hear that our staff was excellent, courteous, friendly and fantastic is wonderful and it is a testament to the hard work that each of them puts in on behalf of our guests. Knowing that our rooms were clean and spacious is the cherry on the dessert.

I do hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again. And when you do, please look me up.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were here for a wedding a couple weeks ago. This is a beautiful hotel along a small river/large creek near downtown Rochester. The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly and happy to give us extra keys so we (4 in a room) could come and go as some of us had to get to hair/makeup appointments. Sounds silly, but some places are so adamant about 1 or 2 keys that it made a difference. Nice amenities, comfortable room. The wedding was also at the hotel and the staff was always asking if anyone needed anything, friendly, and actually seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your visit to Royal Park Hotel.

I am always delighted to hear when our staff makes our guests happy and accommodates their needs and requests. I am also happy to hear that our service team seemed to be enjoying themselves - for us it is not just a job, but a passion to serve and please guests. I will gladly pass this on to the team - I know they will be excited to hear this.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us soon. Please feel free to look me up.

Rochester, Michigan, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Decided to spend the night in walking distance to Downtown Rochester and could not have picked a nicer hotel for then evening. Arrived at 4PM and spent the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the ambience of the Royal Park. Walked to the bar/restaurants where many customers were enjoying a pre New Year drink and conversation with follow patrons. When the evening started we chose to visit the Downtown of Rochester and it was a few minute walk to that area. Very pleasant employees and always there to help if any questions. Room was roomy and comfortable. Looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve visit to our hotel. We are so fortunate to be a short walk to downtown Rochester and the many enjoyable activiities it has to offer.

I am pleased that our staff was warm, pleasant and were able to assist you with any questions you may have had. I am also happy that you were able to enjoy our lounge before you went to visit the downtown area.

I hope that you will lookme up on your next visit.

Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Due to a family wedding we needed a hotel for five nights near Sterling Heights and Clinton Township. For such a length of time I prefer to stay in a four diamond hotel instead of a run of the mill chain hotel. This was the only one we could find in the area that fit the criteria. The check in was great and they upgraded us to a larger room at the same rate. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with a very comfortable bed. Although on the first day the room wasn't made up until evening, the rest of the days it was made up promptly with attention to detail which I appreciated. Only a couple of items keep this hotel from an excellent rating. First, the bathroom sink stopper wasn't adjusted properly resulting in a very slow draining sink. I would think that housekeeping would report this to maintenance but that didn't seem to occur. Second , there was no coffee maker in the room which I prefer in any hotel. I didn't feel it was over priced when compared to other four diamond hotels. Overall, I enjoyed the stay and will return whenever I visit the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us during this exciting time for your family.

I appreciate your constructive comments about the sink stopper and not having your room made up on your first day with us. I have passed them along to our Director of Housekeeping. I understand your need for coffee when you want it. We believe that your coffee is so important that we will make it fresh from our specially roasted beans for you whenever you want it. We deliver it in a French press so it is as fresh as possible.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again soon. Please feel free to look me up.

Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Here for a wedding and reception. Both were excellent. The staff was wonderful, the room beautiful and the service impeccable. I work in the banquet industry for Opryland in Nashville and the staff did everything I have been trained to do without error. It was a true pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Royal Park Hotel. Whenever one of our hotel brethren from as wonderful a hotel as Opryland has positive comments about our service and places our service level on par with theirs, it is a thrill.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again in the near future. I would enjoy taking a few minutes to meet you,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel while in town for a Pistons game at the Palace and were extremely impressed with our stay. The hotel is beautiful and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had breakfast at their restaurant the next morning and the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. I will definitely be back and recommended this hotel to anyone that is planning to stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself dso much during your visit that you would recommend us to anyone planning on staying in the area.

I am so glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We want every guest to feel as relaxed as possible when they are here. Our restaurant team will be thrilled to hear your comments about the food and service that you received.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!