“Beautiful Hotel in a Nice Michigan Community” 5 of 5 stars

Royal Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 E. University Drive, Rochester, MI 48307   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
South Bend, Indiana
“Beautiful Hotel in a Nice Michigan Community”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great experience planning an event and staying at the Royal Park Hotel. The staff at the hotel were amazing. Constantly anticipating my needs and helping me to provide a stellar conference. The sleeping rooms were large and the beds were very comfortable. They were able to provide a great sleeping room rate for our conference attendees, though I'm sure for the regular visitor the hotel is on the more pricey side of things. However, you definitely get what you pay for. If you have a chance to try the chef's made-in-house donuts, I definitely recommend it. Amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind words you have offered regarding your visit to the hotel. We are thrilled that you held your conference with us.

We are glad that you found the hotel comfortable and that our team was able to anticipate your needs and insure the success of your event. I will also personally tell our Pastry Chef Mark how much you enjoyed his donuts. He loves to hear these comments.

We look forward to seeing you again. Please look me up next time you visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I were married here in August 2012. We decided to have a six month anniversary stay this past weekend. It was just as beautiful as our wedding day. We re created our wedding menu at the brookshire, delicious as always! I love this hotel. If you are looking for quiet luxury and delicious dining go here! (Quite pricey though).

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
It is so wonderful that you chose to spend your six month anniversary with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and teh food. We are thrilled that it brought those wonderful wedding day memories.

Best WIshes,
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Special shout out to the exceptional individuals and staff at Royal Park Hotel in Rochester, MI that made our stay and anniversary celebration one to remember. Emily our concierge was stupendous. Aimee our server (2 times) was the picture of hospitality. The chef and kitchen crew truly added a special element with a customized anniversary dessert. We had only one night to make the best of it and Royal Park, thank you. We look forward to future visits as well as sending future guests your way.

We opted for the Blush Love package that included rose petals, chocolate-covered strawberries, and non-alcoholic sparkling cider. A nice romantic addition to our weekend and wonderfully executed by the staff at Royal Park.

Room Tip: Rooms/Suites with Terrace provide exceptional views and even the sound of the small water fall just...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Happy Anniversary from All of Us at Royal Park Hotel!

We were thrilled to read your review and thank you for your kind words. I will personally talk to Aimee and the culinary team about your comments - I know how excited they will be.

We thank you for sharing your special day with us and look forward to see you here often.

Feel free to look me up the next time you are with us.

Best WIshes,
Alma, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The Royal Park Hotel is a very nice hotel. It is fairly new. The room was very spacious, clean and well maintained. My room had the nicest shower I have ever had in a hotel room. I was impressed. The room had a HD TV with a good selection of channels. The WiFi was free and very fast. It was quiet. No traffic noise. I know rooms on both sides were occupied but I never heard a sound. The room came with a nice bathrobe. There was no minibar but it did have a small refrigerator. I prefer the small refrigerator. The HVAC system was very quiet. I hate hotel rooms with noisy heaters or ac. The Rochester community is very safe and upscale. The hotel is about three blocks from a very upscale downtown. There are plenty of dining choices in the area. There is a trail behind the hotel along the river's edge. The river is a trout stream-- January is too cold to fly fish. Finally, a word about the staff. When I checked in, I gave the desk worker my name. For the rest of my stay, she called me by my name. That was impressive.

I was attending a conference while staying at the hotel. The hotel has good conference facilities. Good rooms. Good sound system. Good technologies. Good food. The parking lot had some electric charging stations for those driving electric cars.

The weaknesses: there was no spare outlet by the nightstand to charge my cell phone. I had problems with my key. I often had to try it five or six times before it worked. I am sure the hotel would have addressed it but it was not a big deal. It was raining when I brought my luggage it. There was puddle of water on the marble just inside the door. I stepped in it and fell. Two staff members quickly came to be sure I was fine.

Overall, the trip was very pleasant. This is definitely a repeat experience. I have even suggested it as a weekend getaway to sister.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
We are so happy that you were here for your conference and found so many nice things to say about our hotel. As you might guess I am particularly pleased that our Guest Service Expert remembered your name and was so cordial.

Please accept my apology for the weaknesses you found. Know that I will personally address them with our team.

I do hope that you return with yoru sister. Please look me up when you return.

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in a Brookside Suite and it was very comfortable, very nice over the top. Very well decorated, very comfortable bed --- all very perfect. The room service was tasty, well served and quick. The bar was fun, the service was helpful --- we were a group of five and they moved us to a "library" where they took care of us, but gave us the quite to have a chat. The food again was really very good. Nice touch, an apple and healthy snack bar next to the bed at night.

So, yeah its way overpriced. Our arrival, which was at ten or so at night was disappointing. No doorman, or bellman and I waited at the empty desk to check in for a few minutes. I don't know, maybe I surprised them? But really after that, it was pretty outstanding.

I would also compliment, I believe her name was Marsha, the Manager of Guest Services. Very helpful prior to our arrival --- Thanks! Also, my housekeeper; who I never met who kept the room absoutely perfect --- even picking up my pants off the floor and folding then and putting them at the end of the bed --- it was awesome, I felt like I was traveling with mom. I loved it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mike90275
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
southern ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very nice location in Rochester, Michigan. This hotel is located within walking distance to the main street as well as a beautiful walking/running trail.

The staff were very nice and the service was excellent. (front desk, cleaning and bar).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I know our staff will be quite happy with your comments and I will pass this on to the three departments you have identified.

We are very lucky to be located so close to downtown Rochester as it gives every guest the wonderful opportunity to shop, dine and walk.

I hope to see you in the near future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Like many people that have written reviews I have family in the area and staying at the Royal Park is very convenient it is also more expensive than other hotels in the area. We decided to test it out using the Groupon special and I have to say I was extremely disappointed what we received as far as the value paid. Note we were in just a standard king size room as I know they have several suite options for quite a bit more money that may be different. There was absolutely nothing special about the bed. It was a standard pillow top mattress that was already indented in the middle which my husband and I had no choice but to keep falling into it. They don't have any vending machines or small sundry store but they have 24 hour room service. Ordering a bottle of water @ 2am seems like a pretty ridiculous option. We recently stayed at the Hilton on Opdyke Road and for 2/3 of the price we had a separate sitting area in our room, free breakfast, and a pool. I think the Royal Park could and should offer so much more for the price they are charging.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on your recent visit to Royal Park. We value every comment from every guest and use them to better future guest's experiences with us.

I am disappointed that you were unable to find our vending area on the third floor and will investigate signage to insure that future guests will not be impacted as you were. I have also passed you note to our Executive Housekeeper so he can review your guestroom and the bedding package. We pride ourselves on guests having a fabulous night's sleep.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to be your home away from home the next time you are in the Rochester area. Please call upon me should you be visiting.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Rochester Carriage House B&B
MGM Grand Detroit
#2 of 34 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 stars 844 reviews
Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!