“Very nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
“Very nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Royal Park is very nice. We hosted a very large event here a months ago and they did a awesome job with it. I am hosting another one this month and looking forward to their awesome staff again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for the kind words that you offer regarding your past event. We are so pleased that we were able to WOW your guests and look forward to doing so once again in the near future.

We are so glad that you have chosen to return to us with your event. I will pass on your comments to our staff at our daily meeting.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Flint
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My sig. other and I had Easter brunch at the Royal Park on Sunday. It was my sixth Easter brunch at the Royal Park. The hotel used to have Easter brunch in the large ballroom. The variety and quantiy of food was truly amazing. It has changed as the economy has changed. Understandable. For the past two years the brunch takes place off of the main restaurant. Outside of the amazing array of desserts, the brunch is a shadow of it's previous experience. The price of the brunch was $40.00 last year and $45.00 this year. I don't mind paying more for a great brunch however my experience was not one of a $45.00 meal. To start, the omlet station needs to be stationed somewhere other than at the beginning of the buffet. If you don't want an omlet, it was difficult to get around and then back into the food beyond the omlet station. In addition, two dishes were duplicated side by side; the chicken with orzo and the tilapia dish. That seemed unimaginative and lazy. The last criticism I had was the carving table. If the hotel is going to charge $45.00 for a buffet, you should serve something other than sirlion at the carving table. How about prime rib as is usually the case? I didn't have any of the beef but a friend who did, said it was "chewy." Yum.
The star of the meal was the amazing array of desserts. I have never seen such a beautiful display and whatever I tried, was delicious. Charge me $30.00 just for the dessert table and I will forgo the buffet next year.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about our Easter Brunch. We appreciate that you have given us your input. It is important to me and our team to hear every piece of feedback so we can continue to adjust our product and service to exceed our guests' expectations and be the best in the market.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our dessert presentation. I will pass on your kind words to our pastry team and Pastry Chef Mark Slessor. I know they, too, will be pleased.
I do hope that you will visit with us again in the future whether it be for a holiday buffet, a relaxing meal or cocktails and dancing.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My guy and I enjoyed a lovely brunch at the Royal Park today. There were three omelet stations, trays of fresh fruit and fruit dips, danish, chicken and orzo, fish and artichoke, ham and sirloin with Yorkshire pudding. The lox, shrimp and salmon were delicious. But the absolute piece de resistance was the dessert table. The head pastry chef was there to explain the ingredients in any dish we could have wanted, from fruit cheesecakes to flavored creme brulee to lemon blackberry tortes. The fruity bread pudding with caramel sauce is just too amazing to imagine. If you're looking for a memorable holiday gustatory experience, this is it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful words about our Easter Brunch. This day is an exciting one for us as the entire staff gears up to provide an exceptional experience for every guest.. I know that Chef Mark Slessor, our Pastry Chef, and his team worked diligently during the week to present a fabulous array of desserts for your dining enjoyment.
I will share your comments with our staff at our daily meetings. They will be so pleased at your comments. We hope to see you soon.
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference in March and was blown away by the style, luxury, and attention to detail that I found at this property. When we arrived, our conference room was set up with breakfast waiting. Lunch was served in a conservatory of sorts and the food was absolutely fantastic. They had a patio too, but we did not utilize it for anything. The front desk staff was super friendly (especially a young woman by the name of Ellen). They treat you like royalty, and there is always a little something to eat/drink sitting out to welcome you in.

My room had THIRTEEN light switches! This was really nice especially in the morning when I didn't have to fumble around to try to get light in the room. The hotel provided a bathrobe and a VERY comfy bed. The room temperature was perfect and everything had an unmistakable "clean" scent to it. The only glitch in the entire trip was a very slow and problematic wireless signal. Fortunately, the room provided a wired connection that worked just fine. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and checkout was a breeze.

I would easily recommend this hotel for any visit or event!

Room Tip: I don't think they had a pool, but it won't let me un-check the toggle box.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
We cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I will happily go to each department on which you have commented and share your thoughts with them personally.
We are very fortunate to have a great physical property with touches like the Conservatory and the Terrace (which will be open for service in mid-May) and great beds, but more important are our people like Ellen and her teammates that take a great pride in insuring that every guest experience is exceptional.
We are addressing connectivity next month with the addition of more access points in the hotel for guest needs.
I hope that you will have the opportunity to join in the near future. Please feel free to ask for me personally.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

...I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel while traveling to attend a wedding and it was a really nice stay. I loved that after I returned in the evening there was a band playing in the bar for a little entertainment and socializing before turning in for the night. This also appears to be a popular spot for wedding and other receptions to be held, so it was really busy. When my plans changed and I had to check out a night earlier, the staff gave me no problem with leaving a day early and promptly refunded the difference. That went a long way with me from a customer service standpoint. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments and words you have for our hotel. Yes, we do have a great number of weddings at the property and we feel so lucky that we are thought of so well as we make special days for newlyweds.
I can see that when you travel you are visiting very nice hotels. We feel honored that you place in such wonderful hotel company. Most imporantly, I am so happy that our staff was open to assisting you with the changes in your plans. It is important that every guest has the best experience when visitng the property.
We hope to see you in the near future.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Royal Park a few times to celebrate a special occasion. The rooms are nice, very clean with very comfy beds and the bathroom is gorgeous! We've stayed in the Park Suite a few times and the size, comfort and amenities (fridge, dishes, coffee maker, microwave) are worth the price. It's hard to find a place this fancy that gives you free bottled water (what a concept!). The staff is always friendly and helpful. The room service is reasonable and delicious - you must try the mac n cheese. We've eaten at the restaurant downstairs and the service has always been impeccable. This is definitely a must-stay if you are in the area and want a cozy getaway. There are several bars and restaurants in the area but for us, just staying in, ordering room service and hanging out in bed is just the best - we always come home feeling relaxed!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so appreciative of your kind words about the hotel and your experience. I know that our staff will be pleased to hear your comments about their friednliness and helpfulness. Our Brookshire Restaurant team will be equally pleased at your words about their impeccable service.
We are also quite fortunate to have a wonderful community surrounding us for food, beverage and shopping opportunities. I am just glad that you found us so comfortable that you feel you can relax in bed while you are here.
We hope to see you soon.

Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

Well when arriving early for an annual conference we were told we couldn't check in for several hours, but some how within 20 mins they had a room and a bed for us :) the best part of our trip was probably the wonderful shuttle drivers and bell hop that made our experience amazing. They had the best places to take us to eat, no task was too big or too small. Thank you guys! Paul- use to be in the military and is about to get married (I believe I may have drank too much) and Christopher (only because you had one of our brothers names) you guys were amazing! Thank you for helping us "underwear people" LOL :)

• Stayed February 2012
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit this year and we were very glad that your organization chose to host their event with us once again.
I will personally tell Paul and Christopher of your comments as they truly love taking care of our guests and ceratinly deserve the recognition.
We look forward to seeing you next year.
Best Wishes,

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!