“Decent food, a bit overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Decent food, a bit overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We wanted a good steak and a nice meal for our only night out. We live overseas, so one of the things we look forward to we're home in the US is a great steak. Our parents joined us and they were quite shocked by the prices. My husband and I also found the prices to be a bit high, our steaks were very good, but the prices didn't quite equal the overall quality of the food. My mother's fish was bland and disappointing. I think she wound up getting the fish (and she's a big fan of good fish) because she felt guilty about ordering the expensive steak. Our dad's swordfish was well prepared. We also felt like every chance the server could, she was looking for a way to tag something onto the price ..."you want some chowder with that fish?" - cha chung-( cash register ring ), "Would you like a little mushroom sauce with that steak?" -cha chung.. I'm sure the server is told to do this by the management, she was very nice, perhaps a bit too chatty. Overall, I felt I was paying for a gourmet meal, but it wasn't quite up to that. The roasted vegetables that accompanied our steak were tasty and nicely prepared (not the semi-raw, or over cooked, bland veggies that often accompany a main course in restaurants). Our dessert was the pecan pie, it was nice, nothing memorable. It's a pleasant place and the food is good, but I believe but you can get the same sort of meal for a better price in a town like Rochester, MI.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, ON
“Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

After arriving into the restaurant on Valentine's evening, we were greeted promptly by many servers, anxious that we were being helped - great service. The ambiance is charming and old fashioned - totally our style. At first we were sat in a high traffic area, but as soon as we expressed our disappointment, we were promptly moved - again, great service. Our server was young, but very good and on the path to becoming great! He was efficient, friendly and genuinely concerned that we were having the best experience possible. Our cocktails were delicious and the wine with dinner was just as wonderful. The food was incredible. I had the 6 oz tenderloin with lobster tail on the side and my boyfriend had a GIANT pile of crab legs - amazing. We were so impressed with the entire experience. We will definitely be returning - thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“kabin kruiser”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Been visiting for the Happy Hour a few times lately and have been extremely satisfied with both selection and quality of the menu. Service is always top-notch. Oysters are varied and fresh. Tap selection is classic high quality with an aditional surprise always included from a local of micro brewery. Whether up front at the raw bar or back in the steak house, this place never has disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

You cannot go wrong when you eat here. The restaurant is always crowded. Make a reservation. I cannot think of a time that I or my friends had a meal we didn't like.

Visited November 2012
Rochester, Mi
“always reliable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

our favorite resturant in Michigan, we can always count on great service and an awesome meal here. Love the bean salad and bread. I usually get steak and hubby gets fish of some kind...never had a bad meal and we average about once a month meal here.

Visited December 2012