“This location is just not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rojo Mexican Bistro

Rojo Mexican Bistro
401 N. Main Street, Rochester, MI 48307 (Formerly Andiamo Osteria - Rochester)
2486019300
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rojo Mexican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 66 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rojo Mexican Bistro An exciting combination... contemporary flare with authentic flavor
Nowhere
“This location is just not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't know what it is but we don't like this particular location. The food doesn't taste as good as other locations and the service seems a bit amateur. So, when we're in the mood for Rojo, we drive out of our way to the Partridge Creek location. None of can put our finger on it but we've tried it a few times and have now decided as a family that we're going to the other location.

Visited January 2013

Lower Michigan
“Great food, overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Service was ok, the food was great but a little pricey. Nice location.
The fajitas were not amazing but I would still go here again.

Visited March 2013
Rochester, Michigan
“Mexican???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Omg, this food can't be called even tex-mex, let alone Mexican. What a joke. The pretentious but incompetent Italian joint that gave birth to Rojo was actually a better bet.
The drinks are watered down.
The only worthy order is the fresh made guacamole.
Skip it... Go elsewhere and save you hard earned money.

Visited August 2012
Markham, Canada
“Something different in downtown Rochester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's been more than a couple of years since I've been back to Rochester and my work colleague and I chose the Rojo Mexican Bistro for dinner on a cool Monday night in February. We were both curious about the concept of a Mexican Bistro.

Unsurprisingly, the restaurant wasn't busy so seating and service were prompt. Both of us selected a Dos Equis Amber Lager that was on tap as neither of us had ever had one. It was refreshing and came with a wedge of Lime that always says Cerveza to me. We also shared the Queso Fundido (Mexican Cheese Fondue), it was a lot of cheese and was filling - don't dawdle with this as the cheese will harden eventually. I especially enjoyed it with a little added Habanero sauce to perk it up just a bit more.

I had my first fish tacos at the Rojo and I enjoyed them, with the appetizer two were more than sufficient. The Mahi Mahi was nicely grilled and served on fresh flour tortillas, the tacos came with Mexican Rice and refried beans. I could have added a third taco but certainly didn't need it.

The service was attentive but seemed a bit too scripted.Overall, I'd likely return to try some of the other menu items. Oh, the Rojo is definitely walking distance from the Royal Park - I found it a bit too close as I was looking to walk off some of my dinner.

Ola!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Oh, the difference a year makes...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

The last time we ate here was a year ago on my husband's birthday. We had a terrific time--the food was slightly upscale Mexican and the vibe was good. So we went again this year, and I felt terrible for subjecting my husband to this on his birthday. The chairs are now old and worn. The menu has changed, so that it is just like every other Mexican restaurant chain out there. Our waitress meant well enough, but her service was poor and distracted. All of these things could be forgiven if the food hadn't been so bad. The salsa tasted like crushed tomatoes out of a can. The taco shells in my shrimp tacos were somewhere in between hard and soft; they tasted like stale pita bread. The refried beans were unappetizing, the rice uninspired. The philosophy behind the burritos seemed to be "more is better." Even the desserts were bad. The chocolate kit kat cake had way too much chocolate and not enough wafer. They use styrofoam for the leftovers. The only positive was that our well-meaning waitress gave us a coupon, so I didn't pay quite so much for this overpriced bad food. Maybe she felt bad for us.