“Nice people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springbrook Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prudenville
Springbrook Inn
You added Springbrook Inn to your Saves list
565 W. West Branch Road, Prudenville, MI 48651   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Prudenville B&B and Inns
Midland, Michigan
“Nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

We stayed here for one night this month when we were in town for a funeral for a family member. The owners were very accommodating to allow us a one night stay on a weekend. After a very tough day it was wonderful to come back and sit in front of the fire and relax. The setting is lovely and we enjoyed talking to the owners.

We would love to come back and enjoy all the facilities at a happier time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The food is fabulous and always just right . The owners are personable and provide the utmost in comfort and service.
Truly a romantic getaway with all your needs anticipated. A beautiful setting in all seasons as well. A piece of heaven in Northern Michigan.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

My Husband and I just had our first visit to the Springbrook Inn for Valentines Day weekend. Words can not express how wonderful it was! When I travel I like the best. I am one of the pickiest people when it comes to travel accommodations, service and food. The Springbrook Inn delivers!! The Inn is beautiful and the rooms are fabulous!! The fireplace was so warm and cozy, huge king size comfy bed and an amazing hot tub!! How incredible it was to be able to sit and relax in the hot tub while watching the snowfall outside our room. What separates the Springbrook Inn are the personal touches. Kathy who runs the Inn with her Husband Matt came by our room on Valentines Day and brought us chocolate dipped strawberries! Personal attention like that really makes a difference. Dinner is served right down stairs and let me tell you… it was fabulous!! Oh…. It gets better. In the morning a full breakfast is served right to your room! It was hot and delicious! I have to say I was very impressed! The Springbrook Inn is a very special place and it is run by special people, Matt and Kathy Grover. It is evident looking around the Inn that so much thought and love has gone into this one of a kind Bed and Breakfast. Matt and Kathy were gracious and hospitable hosts. We can’t wait to go back this summer and experience the famous tiki bar!! If you’re looking for quality, comfort, 5 star service with a personal touch, excellent food, outdoor activities or just peace and quiet to reconnect with your someone special, the Springbrook Inn is what you are looking for!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Macomb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We got to finally get away from our 4 kids after 15 years of marriage and found out about this place from some friends! It was well worth the money! Our weekend there was so much more than I ever expected! The food is awesome! The room is superb! We cant wait to do it again! The owners Kathy and Matt were wonderful and we were so happy to get to know them! Cant wait to return, hope it doesnt take another 15 years!!!Thank you!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Howell, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I surprised my husband for this 61st birthday to a night at Springbrook. This was our first time although I had stopped previously for dinner with a friend. We had a wonderful time! The room was beautiful and so intimate. The hot tub, fireplace and love seat were so welcoming - we felt like we were home. We had an outstanding dinner and breakfast was served in our room the next morning and it was also delicious, hot and wonderful. Matt and Kathy are the perfect hosts and the Inn was beautifully decorated and welcoming. Set along the woods it was beautiful and so peaceful watching the leaves fall as the sun shown through the trees. We will definitely be back and will also let our friends and family know what a special, romantic getaway it is!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

This is the very best restaurant in Northern Michigan...The food is out of this world. It is a lovely place to eat, stay and play. The hosts/owners go out of their way to make everything perfect for you. Thank you Matt and Kathy you are the best. I can't wait for my next meal at the Inn.

• Stayed June 2009
southeast michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I just completed a two day stay at the Springbrook Inn, and came away very impressed. Attention to detail is evident everywhere you look , and the rooms themselves are clean and cozy. Each room has its own fireplace, loveseat, hot tub, king sized bed and balcony. What else could you possibly want in a getaway B and B? If anything, the Inn may be a bit upscale for its surroundings, since Houghton Lake has been a tourist town for over 100 years, but you surely can not hold that against the facility. Upscale is always better than the other end of the spectrim! I have to give the owners lots of credit. I can't imagine the work and dedication it takes to run an Inn, a tiki bar and an upscale restaurant while raising two young children on premises. The personal touch of both is evident everywhere you look. It must truly be a labor of love for them. I can't imagine what it must be like working 18 hours a day 7 days a week and then having someone complain about paying a buck for a can of Coke, Where do these people live anyway, 1957? The only complaints I had were both personal quirks that I'm sure 99 percent of the population wouldn't care about. Mainly, the room delivered breakfast was a nice touch, and my wife loved the food, but personally, I HATE EGGS! We were given french toast the second morning, so I can't complain, but a limited menu choice ( say pancakes, or a cinnamon roll) would have been nice. Also, the hot tub in the room was great, but I found the water temperature rather lukewarm instead of warm or hot. I'm sure this is necessary so someone doesn't wind the temp up to 140 degrees, induce a heart attack and then want to sue everybody, but just a bit warmer would have been just a bit better for me personally. Minor things to be sure.
We also ate at both the tiki bar and the restaurant during our stay and found both to be excellent. If I could have just not had eggs for breakfast......
Seriously, though, we very much enjoyed our stay, would recommend the place to anyone, and surely will return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Springbrook Inn? Share your experiences!