I have been eagerly awaiting the reopenong of the stories Edison Inn under the control of Hilton. So I made it a point to book a room on opening weekend.
The improvements are noticeable, but there was no wow factor. I did not find this to be a total gutting as promised. More of a move out the old furniture and replace the carpets. There were noticeable remnants from the rooms past, such as the showers, doors, etc. the balconies leave much to he desired. You basically share it with the adjoining room. Which makes for an awkward experience. (To the people staying next to me, no dude that is actually Lake Huron, not lake st. Clair as you so emphatically explained to your wife).
Don't get me wrong this is a nice hotel with a nice bed and furnishings. The problem is the price point. You are mostly paying for the name and the location. However, this is Port Huron, not mackinaw island. The new dining is good, not great and being opening weekend I will not be critical of the service.
All in all, if there was a wedding happening there, I'd stay, but until Port Huron has something more than a view of a bridge to offer. I will not return. If I am payin 200+ for a room..it's going to be someplace that has something to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Thomas Edison Hotel Port Huron
- Thomas Edison Hotel
- Thomas Edison Port Huron
- Thomas Edison Inn Port Huron Mi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron and you can enjoy spacious accommodations, modern amenities and a friendly welcome. We will even greet you with our delicious fresh-baked cookie upon arrival. Centrally located in Port Huron, Michigan, minutes from St. Clair County International Airport, this modern hotel is close to a number of Port Huron businesses including Domtar Paper Mill, Mueller Industries, Henkel and many companies related to the automobile industry. Enjoy easy access to Port Huron’s historic downtown area, with its specialty shops and waterfront eateries, the boardwalk and marina and the McMorran Place Sports & Entertainment Center.Each of the spacious guest rooms and suites at this Port Huron hotel feature modern amenities including; a 37-inch HDTV, a spacious work area, a microwave and mini-refrigerator, a comfortable Sweet Dreams bed, remote printing service and complimentary WiFi. Some guest rooms have balconies offering breathtaking views of The Blue Water Bridge and the St. Clair River. Wake up to a cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and enjoy classic American dishes in our relaxed hotel restaurant, Freighters. Maintain your exercise regime in the complimentary fitness center. Host a successful business or social event at this Port Huron, MI hotel with a variety flexible meeting spaces, including two spacious ballrooms, all offering complimentary WiFi and stay connected in the complimentary 24-hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.