“Good, But Still A Need” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“Good, But Still A Need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We dined in a party of six on a weekday...........service was pretty good, food good..........

Suggestion: Did not send out cold bread.........show a little care and warm the bread and come up with a seasonal butter...............

Fish and Chips were excellent.............I asked for rice and they gave me a scoop with it looking like a scoop........could do better.............

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Mediocre beer and bland food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

While the location of this restaurant / brewery is very nice (on a channel), if in the area I wouldn't return; I would like to try some of the other restaurants with outdoor seating. I tried four different beers and none of them were something that I'd order again. My usually trusty IPA was not bitter, and the other three that I sampled closely followed suit. Our waiter was attentive and helpful - until our food arrived. Maybe he knew our food was lukewarm at best, I don't know. I DO know, however, that we sat for several minutes before someone came by and asked if everything was all right. She immediately brought us a new dish that was hot and fresh, but the fish and chips were still not very tasty. One positive besides the view: the carrot cake for dessert was excellent. But it's not enough to bring me back.

Visited June 2013
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Great Service and View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been here twice now, as a friend has a cottage in Lexington and we stop on our way there or back. The view is good; the service great, the food mediocre. Good, substantial, but not great. The spinach pie I had was burned around the edges of the filling; the chicken/walnut salad pretty tasteless. The bread was good. My dining companion had the Rueben which she said was excellent; the fries a bit soggy. I am not a beer drinker, but those who accompanied me raved about the beer choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Indiana
“I'd Go Back Tomorrow.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were visiting in Pt. Huron last weekend and wanted dinner and a drink along the river after a seven-hour drive. We were welcomed oh-so-warmly, invited to the bar for a drink during our fifteen-minute wait, then promptly escorted to a window table for a delicious meal of Lake Superior Wild Trout, rice, and vegetables. Service was very professional yet easy. We will definitely recommend this very busy and fun place to fellow travelers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
vicki147, Owner at Quay Street Brewing Co, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit. We love hearing from our customers.
anna maria
“brewpub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

on the water. food varied and always good. make their own beer. staff friendly. can sit outside and watch boats go by.

Visited August 2012