“Everything I Needed and More” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Pontiac
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Everything I Needed and More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I needed a clean safe place to stay for I wasn't sure how long. I was suppose to stay by myself and when the hospital discharged my mom days before we could leave to come home to my house the hotel said nothing and did not change my rate. When checking in I mentioned I preferred using the stairs and I was put in a room right near the the stairs. Every issue I had in the care of my Mom and there were many the staff was quick to respond and help.From helping me pick her up when she fell to bringing visitors to the room when I was out doing what needed to be done to move my Mom home with me, the staff went above and beyond to help me. The pool and hot tub were a perfect way to end the stressful days. The pool was always clean and just the right temp.The mini fridge and microwave in the room came in handy,and the reasonable priced breakfast available in the hotel made it easy to get my mom feed in the morning. About the only easy part of my days. The Staff I can't say enough about how nice and caring they were. The entire staff night and day made a very difficult time a lot easier for me with their care, concern, and help.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies that you can sit on, the next time I visit there I will be requesti...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Pontiac/Bloomfield, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for the lovely comment! I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will pass your comments to the team. They will be very happy to hear that. We wish you and your mom all the best! Please take care

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I frequently (once a month) stay at this place, primarily for business reasons. It is a comfortable hotel, and the staff is extremely attentive. But over time, it had deteriorated in terms of decor and amenities. There is a workout room, but at least one of the pieces of equipment isn't working any time I'm there. The ice machines on various floors are broken, and you will need to search on different floors for one that works. The carpets everywhere are worn, and the furnishings (chairs, sofas, etc.) are dated and worn. Bedding is good and pillows are usually comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Pontiac/Bloomfield, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for us. I appreciate your comments about our team. That was very nice of you. I also appreciate the honest feedback. Recently, we've had challenges in our maintenance department and not everything is up to standard. We are currently working to get the hotel's condition improved so I hope that you will like the changes we are trying to implement. Thank you!

Travelers are raving about these Pontiac hotels

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were dissappointed because we were told that the room would have a jacuzzi tub. When we arrived at the hotel we found out that there were very few jacuzzi suites. There would have been a huge price difference. We were looking for a romantic weekend getaway. There were no perks: no jacuzzi, champagne, chocolates. Just a room with a bed and a tv.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I used Priceline to book a hotel that was in an area close to The Palace of Auburn Hills. This Courtyard Marriott was chosen for us based on a 3 star rating (Priceline) & our price negotiation. Based on the price we paid for that evening, I would rate this hotel as very good. I didn't feel it was a 3 star, but served as a nice, seemingly safe place to stay for an evening. The staff was friendly & helpful. The lobby/seating area had outdated decor, as did most of the hotel. I requested a room on the 4th floor based on other tripadvisor reviews I had read. We had no problems with noise during our brief stay. When we first entered our room, there was an overwhelming smell of room deodorizer & I initially thought I wouldn't be able to handle that odor. I immediately opened the window & eventually we didn't notice it. I enjoyed a nice, hot bath in the tub. The bathroom itself was bland. The bed was comfortable for me, too soft for my hubby. We didn't try the indoor pool, although it looked nice from the window. We didn't try the breakfast offerings either. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed September 2012
Utrecht
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I staid at the Courtyard by Marriott because, of its proximity to a number of restaurants. First impressions of the hotel were decent. The staff was very helpful. The room is comfortable and there is a small balcony, which was very nice due to the weather. The downsides became apparent when the neighbors arrived. The walls seem to be made of paper, the floors of plywood and the ventilators need new bearings. The latter is especially annoying when the neighbor goes to the bathroom several times during the night.

Still, out of the options I had I would probably stay at this hotel again, but I'd bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so you don't hear your upstairs neighbors walking around.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed at many Marriott properties but this one just didn't live up to the standard I have grown to expect from Marriott. The room was noisy - the refrigerator woke me up many times, the room smelled (I would have through it was a smoking room if the hotel wasn't "smoke free"). The plug in the bathtub didn't work so I didn't even get to take a bath I had looked forward to all day. I would not recommend this hotel if one was paying full price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dundee, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Hotel was nice, rooms clean. Only disappointment was the check in process. Check in is at 3:00 pm, when we arrived just after 4:00, we were told that it would be at least a half hour before our room was ready. Usually no big deal, however we had planned on having enough time to get ready for our evening out. After waiting and finally getting our rooms, we were extremely rushed to make our reservations. The only other issue was the outlet in our room was missing a cover plate(room 428), which could be dangerous for little kids. We forgot to mention it to the staff, so hopefully they will read this and correct it. Also it would be nice if they include a free continental breakfast like most other hotels in this category.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Pontiac/Bloomfield? Share your experiences!