“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

$25 Gas Card Promo
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights using my points for a family weekend in Michigan. Sondra at the desk was extremely pleasant and offered great information about a particular location. As I was about to turn around and leave the desk area after receiving my keys, she stopped me and told me she was going see about giving me an upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite. Never in my platinum history have I been offered an upgrade, mostly because I never ask for one, so this was a nice moment for me. Sondra simply stated that she "wanted to make sure that we're comfortable." Thank you, Sondra, for helping us have an even better weekend than anticipated! Will happily stay here again, upgrade or not, we had zero complaints about anything.

• Stayed January 2013
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for such a gracious review! We truly appreciate our Marriott Reward Members and your loyalty. I will share this review with Sondra and the rest of our staff - we really the enjoy feedback! We look forward to having the opportunity to host your family again in the near future. Again, thanks for the positive comments on your stay with us.

All My Best,

Dodi Wicklund

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I decided to book a room from Priceline for the first time - and I was please with the results. The room I received had a kitchen, couch, flat screen TV, and was more than adequate for my needs. Best of all, I breakfast was included.

Room Tip: The room we received was the first room on the left in the second building - 149. Inspite of the sta...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dennis - Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We hope to host you again in the near future.

Dodi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It's an ok hotel - but very basic. The room was clean and the location great.
THe issues were that the air conditioning/heating in the room made a high-pitched noise all night long that made it difficult to sleep. It sounded like crickets... at least that's what i ended up imagining of it so i could finally fall asleep :)
The staff was so/so. Not rude, just not highly trained. They have free wifi which was great.

Room Tip: don't know what to tell you on the room - go check it out before you accept it. if your ac make...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a two-day business meeting. The hotel property (landscaping and building architecture) is very attractive. The hotel staff is responsive and polite. Of particular note is that I returned to my hotel building one evening near 6 pm and saw the cleaning staff continuing to service rooms; I guess for the really late sleepers. I had a one bedroom suite and it was adequately appropriated, but except for the LCD televisions, the furniture was beginning to show its wear. Note that this is not a negative comment, the furniture's style was not outdated nor was the furniture rickety, the furniture had simply been used by many guests. The shower unit showed the most age and someone had tightened the shower head so much that it would not rotate. The water pressure was a little weak, but "hot" was very hot. The bed slept rather well, but the linen was average. The walls were very sound deadening. One evening I left for dinner and when I exited the room into the hall, I heard a woman having a somewhat loud discussion with a friend inside of the room adjacent to mine. I heard this discussion through the door of the room and surprised by the volume, I re-entered my room where I previously heard no indication of the discussion. When I closed the door to my room, I heard absolutely nothing of the discussion next door (not even a muted hum), that is how well the room walls retain the room's noise ... that was impressive. The complimentary breakfast is warm and very good, some of the best scrambled eggs that I have been served. Check-in and check-out were efficient. As a result of the in-room kitchen area, I will definitely consider this hotel when I am again in this area. When the hotel refurbishment schedule updates the room's furniture, shower unit, and invest in above-average linen this location will transition from a good to an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a typical Residence Inn property, close to the freeway, in a suburban setting, and convenient to nearby businesses. The location is safe and quiet. Internet worked fine.
The property consists of several buildings arranged in a circle, but the numbering system wasn’t clear and it was difficult to find my room. Advice: get clear directions from the front desk when checking in.

The room wasn’t as clean as the standard RI: there were food crumbs under the coffee table, the kitchen floor was sticky and hadn’t been mopped properly, and there was a small streak of mold forming on the shower curtain.

But overall I liked this property, and would return on another trip to the area. The front desk clerk at check-in was extremely helpful and gave me exactly the room I wanted. Above all, though, and deserving high praise, was the woman working the breakfast service. I am sorry I did not get her name, but she was first-rate and helped start my day on a positive note, and is the reason for the extra star in my rating.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Good location.very closet to GM center.
The location Was very clean and the peppole Was quite ospital and friendly.
Food Was ok also Was very nice the social dinner included in the rate.
There are a lot o restaurant just few meters away.

• Stayed March 2012
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just stayed at the Residence Inn for the 5th time and have already booked our room for next year. The 3rd weekend in August is always the Woodward Cruise, the worlds largest 1 day automotive event. The Residence Inn is a perfect place to take in the sights, you can be on Woodward and cruising in 3 minutes for the hotel. The hotel is always clean and offers amenities such as a kitchen in your room, free WiFi. flat screen TVs, a good hot breakfast, an indoor pool and a well lit, safe and secure parking lot to park your ride. If you like cars...lots of cars, 40,000 of them and people, over a million of them, this is the place to go and the Residence Inn is the place to stay. I only tell you this because I already have my room reserved. The Friday night (Aug 16 2013) is the most fun, the actual cruise day is Saturday (Aug 17 2013), by the end of the day, you will appreciate the fact that you have a room at the Residence Inn to go back to and relax

Room Tip: There are 3 floors with elevators, any room would be a nice room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Den and Jean,

We were thrilled you again selected our hotel as your home away from home during the Woodward Dream Cruise. We are always please when we have returning guests like you. We apprecaite your positive feedback on our amenities and location. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage during this great event. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Dodi Wicklund, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!