“good stay at a hotel with great potential” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Gas Card Promo
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“good stay at a hotel with great potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a two-day business meeting. The hotel property (landscaping and building architecture) is very attractive. The hotel staff is responsive and polite. Of particular note is that I returned to my hotel building one evening near 6 pm and saw the cleaning staff continuing to service rooms; I guess for the really late sleepers. I had a one bedroom suite and it was adequately appropriated, but except for the LCD televisions, the furniture was beginning to show its wear. Note that this is not a negative comment, the furniture's style was not outdated nor was the furniture rickety, the furniture had simply been used by many guests. The shower unit showed the most age and someone had tightened the shower head so much that it would not rotate. The water pressure was a little weak, but "hot" was very hot. The bed slept rather well, but the linen was average. The walls were very sound deadening. One evening I left for dinner and when I exited the room into the hall, I heard a woman having a somewhat loud discussion with a friend inside of the room adjacent to mine. I heard this discussion through the door of the room and surprised by the volume, I re-entered my room where I previously heard no indication of the discussion. When I closed the door to my room, I heard absolutely nothing of the discussion next door (not even a muted hum), that is how well the room walls retain the room's noise ... that was impressive. The complimentary breakfast is warm and very good, some of the best scrambled eggs that I have been served. Check-in and check-out were efficient. As a result of the in-room kitchen area, I will definitely consider this hotel when I am again in this area. When the hotel refurbishment schedule updates the room's furniture, shower unit, and invest in above-average linen this location will transition from a good to an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a typical Residence Inn property, close to the freeway, in a suburban setting, and convenient to nearby businesses. The location is safe and quiet. Internet worked fine.
The property consists of several buildings arranged in a circle, but the numbering system wasn’t clear and it was difficult to find my room. Advice: get clear directions from the front desk when checking in.

The room wasn’t as clean as the standard RI: there were food crumbs under the coffee table, the kitchen floor was sticky and hadn’t been mopped properly, and there was a small streak of mold forming on the shower curtain.

But overall I liked this property, and would return on another trip to the area. The front desk clerk at check-in was extremely helpful and gave me exactly the room I wanted. Above all, though, and deserving high praise, was the woman working the breakfast service. I am sorry I did not get her name, but she was first-rate and helped start my day on a positive note, and is the reason for the extra star in my rating.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Good location.very closet to GM center.
The location Was very clean and the peppole Was quite ospital and friendly.
Food Was ok also Was very nice the social dinner included in the rate.
There are a lot o restaurant just few meters away.

• Stayed March 2012
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just stayed at the Residence Inn for the 5th time and have already booked our room for next year. The 3rd weekend in August is always the Woodward Cruise, the worlds largest 1 day automotive event. The Residence Inn is a perfect place to take in the sights, you can be on Woodward and cruising in 3 minutes for the hotel. The hotel is always clean and offers amenities such as a kitchen in your room, free WiFi. flat screen TVs, a good hot breakfast, an indoor pool and a well lit, safe and secure parking lot to park your ride. If you like cars...lots of cars, 40,000 of them and people, over a million of them, this is the place to go and the Residence Inn is the place to stay. I only tell you this because I already have my room reserved. The Friday night (Aug 16 2013) is the most fun, the actual cruise day is Saturday (Aug 17 2013), by the end of the day, you will appreciate the fact that you have a room at the Residence Inn to go back to and relax

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Den and Jean,

We were thrilled you again selected our hotel as your home away from home during the Woodward Dream Cruise. We are always please when we have returning guests like you. We apprecaite your positive feedback on our amenities and location. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage during this great event. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It is located between Pontiac and Auburn Hills, great location to reach any business in the area by I75.
Great service, rooms are kept always clean and they try to satisfy every your request.
Just one thing: the laundry is operated by coin. It should be included!

Breakfast is good, good choice and good quality. Saturday and Sunday looks like they add something new.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Luca,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased you were happy with our dedication to taking care of our valued guests. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast variety, our clean rooms and the service we provided. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Pontiac, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn, Pontiac over Mother’s Day weekend. PL accepted my bid of $47 + tax/night. I checked in on a Friday night; received my keys and proceeded to drive around to ‘building 4’. The hotel is divided into 5-6 buildings. Each building has 3 floors. When I realized that the desk clerk had given my a room on the 1st floor, I headed back to the front desk (building 1) to ask for a room on the top floor. I usually always ask for a room on the top floor but geez, I’m a single female and they give me a room on the 1st floor when there’s plenty of rooms available?! No thanks.

My room was nice, very large, full-size kitchen. The area is nice - convenient to I-75. I’ve stayed at the Courtyard (which cost less) next door several times when visiting the area and would prefer it over the Residence Inn, but it was a nice change of pace.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Danaleste,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I a glad you enjoyed our large guest suites with the full kitchen. We strive to provide all the conveniences of home to our valued guests. We do indeed have three floors in our guest room wings, but we only have 3 buildings - our Gatehouse, where our lobby is located, and two buildings of guest rooms. Please contact me personally should you require rooms in our area again. I will ceratinly make sure any requests you have are noted. Again, thanks for visiting us and taking the time to post your review.

Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a nice weekend stay. Room was large and clean, as were the pool, breakfast area and outdoor sport court. One issue with bathroom sink was promptly addressed. Location is in quiet area. Would recommend for anyone travelling to that area in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. Please visit us again when you are in our area!

Dodi Wicklund

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!