“A few flaws outweighed by good staff and service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Pontiac
Los Angeles, California
“A few flaws outweighed by good staff and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a typical Residence Inn property, close to the freeway, in a suburban setting, and convenient to nearby businesses. The location is safe and quiet. Internet worked fine.
The property consists of several buildings arranged in a circle, but the numbering system wasn’t clear and it was difficult to find my room. Advice: get clear directions from the front desk when checking in.

The room wasn’t as clean as the standard RI: there were food crumbs under the coffee table, the kitchen floor was sticky and hadn’t been mopped properly, and there was a small streak of mold forming on the shower curtain.

But overall I liked this property, and would return on another trip to the area. The front desk clerk at check-in was extremely helpful and gave me exactly the room I wanted. Above all, though, and deserving high praise, was the woman working the breakfast service. I am sorry I did not get her name, but she was first-rate and helped start my day on a positive note, and is the reason for the extra star in my rating.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Good location.very closet to GM center.
The location Was very clean and the peppole Was quite ospital and friendly.
Food Was ok also Was very nice the social dinner included in the rate.
There are a lot o restaurant just few meters away.

• Stayed March 2012
Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just stayed at the Residence Inn for the 5th time and have already booked our room for next year. The 3rd weekend in August is always the Woodward Cruise, the worlds largest 1 day automotive event. The Residence Inn is a perfect place to take in the sights, you can be on Woodward and cruising in 3 minutes for the hotel. The hotel is always clean and offers amenities such as a kitchen in your room, free WiFi. flat screen TVs, a good hot breakfast, an indoor pool and a well lit, safe and secure parking lot to park your ride. If you like cars...lots of cars, 40,000 of them and people, over a million of them, this is the place to go and the Residence Inn is the place to stay. I only tell you this because I already have my room reserved. The Friday night (Aug 16 2013) is the most fun, the actual cruise day is Saturday (Aug 17 2013), by the end of the day, you will appreciate the fact that you have a room at the Residence Inn to go back to and relax

Room Tip: There are 3 floors with elevators, any room would be a nice room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Den and Jean,

We were thrilled you again selected our hotel as your home away from home during the Woodward Dream Cruise. We are always please when we have returning guests like you. We apprecaite your positive feedback on our amenities and location. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage during this great event. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It is located between Pontiac and Auburn Hills, great location to reach any business in the area by I75.
Great service, rooms are kept always clean and they try to satisfy every your request.
Just one thing: the laundry is operated by coin. It should be included!

Breakfast is good, good choice and good quality. Saturday and Sunday looks like they add something new.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Luca,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased you were happy with our dedication to taking care of our valued guests. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast variety, our clean rooms and the service we provided. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Pontiac, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn, Pontiac over Mother’s Day weekend. PL accepted my bid of $47 + tax/night. I checked in on a Friday night; received my keys and proceeded to drive around to ‘building 4’. The hotel is divided into 5-6 buildings. Each building has 3 floors. When I realized that the desk clerk had given my a room on the 1st floor, I headed back to the front desk (building 1) to ask for a room on the top floor. I usually always ask for a room on the top floor but geez, I’m a single female and they give me a room on the 1st floor when there’s plenty of rooms available?! No thanks.

My room was nice, very large, full-size kitchen. The area is nice - convenient to I-75. I’ve stayed at the Courtyard (which cost less) next door several times when visiting the area and would prefer it over the Residence Inn, but it was a nice change of pace.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Danaleste,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I a glad you enjoyed our large guest suites with the full kitchen. We strive to provide all the conveniences of home to our valued guests. We do indeed have three floors in our guest room wings, but we only have 3 buildings - our Gatehouse, where our lobby is located, and two buildings of guest rooms. Please contact me personally should you require rooms in our area again. I will ceratinly make sure any requests you have are noted. Again, thanks for visiting us and taking the time to post your review.

Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a nice weekend stay. Room was large and clean, as were the pool, breakfast area and outdoor sport court. One issue with bathroom sink was promptly addressed. Location is in quiet area. Would recommend for anyone travelling to that area in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. Please visit us again when you are in our area!

Dodi Wicklund
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stay quite regularly at many Marriott hotels and this one by far has been the worst and very disappointing. The water temp never got above luke warm so showers and baths were cut short to avoid freezing. I discovered on my second nite there, when the bed pulled away from the headboard leaving the space between the bed and boxsprings exposed a VERY VERY dirty disgusting strip of hair and filth that looks like it had not been cleaned in many months if ever :( Lastly, most hotels take a credit card to "hold" for incidentals, they actually charge it but failed to let me know this. My card was still not credited back two weeks later and then only after I called to inquire of this. On a good note, when I checked out I did explain all this to them and I did receive a free nites stay, which I feel is what should have been done and I do appreciate them compensating for all the trouble.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay with us. We take comments like yours very seriously as this is certainly not the typical service that we provide. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the offer we provided you during your check out. Please understand that we value your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove the level of service we are proud of delivering. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any service.

Dodi Wicklund

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!