“Good place to stay for the Woodward Dream Cruise, or anytime” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Pontiac
Saint Thomas, Canada
“Good place to stay for the Woodward Dream Cruise, or anytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just stayed at the Residence Inn for the 5th time and have already booked our room for next year. The 3rd weekend in August is always the Woodward Cruise, the worlds largest 1 day automotive event. The Residence Inn is a perfect place to take in the sights, you can be on Woodward and cruising in 3 minutes for the hotel. The hotel is always clean and offers amenities such as a kitchen in your room, free WiFi. flat screen TVs, a good hot breakfast, an indoor pool and a well lit, safe and secure parking lot to park your ride. If you like cars...lots of cars, 40,000 of them and people, over a million of them, this is the place to go and the Residence Inn is the place to stay. I only tell you this because I already have my room reserved. The Friday night (Aug 16 2013) is the most fun, the actual cruise day is Saturday (Aug 17 2013), by the end of the day, you will appreciate the fact that you have a room at the Residence Inn to go back to and relax

Room Tip: There are 3 floors with elevators, any room would be a nice room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Den and Jean,

We were thrilled you again selected our hotel as your home away from home during the Woodward Dream Cruise. We are always please when we have returning guests like you. We apprecaite your positive feedback on our amenities and location. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage during this great event. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It is located between Pontiac and Auburn Hills, great location to reach any business in the area by I75.
Great service, rooms are kept always clean and they try to satisfy every your request.
Just one thing: the laundry is operated by coin. It should be included!

Breakfast is good, good choice and good quality. Saturday and Sunday looks like they add something new.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Luca,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased you were happy with our dedication to taking care of our valued guests. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast variety, our clean rooms and the service we provided. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Pontiac, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn, Pontiac over Mother’s Day weekend. PL accepted my bid of $47 + tax/night. I checked in on a Friday night; received my keys and proceeded to drive around to ‘building 4’. The hotel is divided into 5-6 buildings. Each building has 3 floors. When I realized that the desk clerk had given my a room on the 1st floor, I headed back to the front desk (building 1) to ask for a room on the top floor. I usually always ask for a room on the top floor but geez, I’m a single female and they give me a room on the 1st floor when there’s plenty of rooms available?! No thanks.

My room was nice, very large, full-size kitchen. The area is nice - convenient to I-75. I’ve stayed at the Courtyard (which cost less) next door several times when visiting the area and would prefer it over the Residence Inn, but it was a nice change of pace.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Danaleste,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I a glad you enjoyed our large guest suites with the full kitchen. We strive to provide all the conveniences of home to our valued guests. We do indeed have three floors in our guest room wings, but we only have 3 buildings - our Gatehouse, where our lobby is located, and two buildings of guest rooms. Please contact me personally should you require rooms in our area again. I will ceratinly make sure any requests you have are noted. Again, thanks for visiting us and taking the time to post your review.

Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a nice weekend stay. Room was large and clean, as were the pool, breakfast area and outdoor sport court. One issue with bathroom sink was promptly addressed. Location is in quiet area. Would recommend for anyone travelling to that area in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. Please visit us again when you are in our area!

Traverse City, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stay quite regularly at many Marriott hotels and this one by far has been the worst and very disappointing. The water temp never got above luke warm so showers and baths were cut short to avoid freezing. I discovered on my second nite there, when the bed pulled away from the headboard leaving the space between the bed and boxsprings exposed a VERY VERY dirty disgusting strip of hair and filth that looks like it had not been cleaned in many months if ever :( Lastly, most hotels take a credit card to "hold" for incidentals, they actually charge it but failed to let me know this. My card was still not credited back two weeks later and then only after I called to inquire of this. On a good note, when I checked out I did explain all this to them and I did receive a free nites stay, which I feel is what should have been done and I do appreciate them compensating for all the trouble.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay with us. We take comments like yours very seriously as this is certainly not the typical service that we provide. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the offer we provided you during your check out. Please understand that we value your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove the level of service we are proud of delivering. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any service.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My son and I were there for two weeks for him to receive special medical care at a nearby facility. We certainly needed a hotel with a full kitchen, that's why we chose this property. Our kitchen was well-stocked, even with small single-use dishwasher detergent which was great. No sponges or dishwashing liquid though. Toilet paper was apparently scarce as we had to call down to the front desk twice to get any.

Cons: I had to ask the housekeeping staff to clean the countertops in the kitchen and bathroom - after a week of no cleaning they were getting grungy. She did it very grudgingly. Our room was never vacuumed during out two week stay, I don't think the hallway was either. Never actually saw a vacuum cleaner but one time our entire two week stay. My sheets were not changed but once - rather than the twice a week the hotel advertises. We often did not have our room serviced by 5pm, we'd end up having to call the front desk for fresh towels and for someone to take the used ones (we recycled them 1/2 the time).

Plusses? Great breakfast to get you started in the morning (brought my own Starbucks VIA as I didn't care for their coffee), snacks throughout the week at cocktail time. The front desk staff and Daryl (maintenance?) were all wonderful, as was the sales staff.

Looking to spend 4wks back in the area and will consider this property again - if we can discuss and get the housekeeping issue worked out!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that we did not deliver the service level we strive to provide. Please be assured that we take comments like yours very seriously and will look for ways to improve. I was happy to see that you did enjoy our breakfast, and the service that sales, maintenance and the front desk staff provided. We would love the opportunity to serve you and your family again. I am positive we will live up to your expectations during your next visit.

Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. Upon checking in, we were greeted by the receptionist Adam. The service provided by Adam was excellent. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and at ease. For example, he called a nearby restaurant to check whether it was opened (Thanksgiving) or not. He also drew us a map to a nearby restaurant. When we asked about nearby shopping malls, he also gave us a map of the Great Lakes Crossing. Just excellent service all around.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!