“Nice stay in Detroit Suburbs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Gas Card Promo
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Nice stay in Detroit Suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a nice weekend stay. Room was large and clean, as were the pool, breakfast area and outdoor sport court. One issue with bathroom sink was promptly addressed. Location is in quiet area. Would recommend for anyone travelling to that area in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. Please visit us again when you are in our area!

Dodi Wicklund

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stay quite regularly at many Marriott hotels and this one by far has been the worst and very disappointing. The water temp never got above luke warm so showers and baths were cut short to avoid freezing. I discovered on my second nite there, when the bed pulled away from the headboard leaving the space between the bed and boxsprings exposed a VERY VERY dirty disgusting strip of hair and filth that looks like it had not been cleaned in many months if ever :( Lastly, most hotels take a credit card to "hold" for incidentals, they actually charge it but failed to let me know this. My card was still not credited back two weeks later and then only after I called to inquire of this. On a good note, when I checked out I did explain all this to them and I did receive a free nites stay, which I feel is what should have been done and I do appreciate them compensating for all the trouble.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay with us. We take comments like yours very seriously as this is certainly not the typical service that we provide. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the offer we provided you during your check out. Please understand that we value your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove the level of service we are proud of delivering. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any service.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My son and I were there for two weeks for him to receive special medical care at a nearby facility. We certainly needed a hotel with a full kitchen, that's why we chose this property. Our kitchen was well-stocked, even with small single-use dishwasher detergent which was great. No sponges or dishwashing liquid though. Toilet paper was apparently scarce as we had to call down to the front desk twice to get any.

Cons: I had to ask the housekeeping staff to clean the countertops in the kitchen and bathroom - after a week of no cleaning they were getting grungy. She did it very grudgingly. Our room was never vacuumed during out two week stay, I don't think the hallway was either. Never actually saw a vacuum cleaner but one time our entire two week stay. My sheets were not changed but once - rather than the twice a week the hotel advertises. We often did not have our room serviced by 5pm, we'd end up having to call the front desk for fresh towels and for someone to take the used ones (we recycled them 1/2 the time).

Plusses? Great breakfast to get you started in the morning (brought my own Starbucks VIA as I didn't care for their coffee), snacks throughout the week at cocktail time. The front desk staff and Daryl (maintenance?) were all wonderful, as was the sales staff.

Looking to spend 4wks back in the area and will consider this property again - if we can discuss and get the housekeeping issue worked out!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dodi W, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that we did not deliver the service level we strive to provide. Please be assured that we take comments like yours very seriously and will look for ways to improve. I was happy to see that you did enjoy our breakfast, and the service that sales, maintenance and the front desk staff provided. We would love the opportunity to serve you and your family again. I am positive we will live up to your expectations during your next visit.

Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. Upon checking in, we were greeted by the receptionist Adam. The service provided by Adam was excellent. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and at ease. For example, he called a nearby restaurant to check whether it was opened (Thanksgiving) or not. He also drew us a map to a nearby restaurant. When we asked about nearby shopping malls, he also gave us a map of the Great Lakes Crossing. Just excellent service all around.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Excellent! Excellent! There were 34 travellers in our soccer touring group, majoritry 15 and 16 year olds. The staff were outstanding, always there to help, nothing too hard. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable and we felt safe at all times. Location was superb for the games we played, and the shopping in the area was excellent. Great laundry facilities for the team. Met really nice people from all over the world in the common area during breakfast. We can highly recommend this hotel. General Manager in particular was the nicest of ladies.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

the hotel is very confortable and offers all services needed to live like home. The management is very friendly and efficient and able to solve any kind of issues you could have. Room are big and well equipped. Swimming pool and gym are available at any time. Breakfast is good with aboundant choice.
Excellent also free happy hour program in the garden

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I travel 100% for my company so I can speak from real experience of other Marriott Residence Inn East of the Mississipppi.
This one is by far well below any I have stayed at.
I requested a room with an oven up front and was given one with only a 2 burner cook top range. They moved me the next day - that was hassle one and if had been all, would have been easy for me to overlook. But other things became issues for me.
The staff did their best to complete the room equipment that I find is always at other locations (i.e. missing dishes - utencels - etc.) It took me 2-3 days to note all missing items so I could cook meals in my room as is intended when you stay at a residence inn style hotel.
ALso the TV is of 1990s style - curved glass CRT where other locations have LCD wide screen HD units. The microwave was so small I could not place my travel coffee cup inside. Through out the properity I noticed items in need of repair or upgrade.
To reach the swimming pool / work out room / breakfast areas it is necessary for you to go outside the building of the rooms and then enter the building housing these. In poor weather not a plus by far.
Now to point out this, my dissatisfaction was not so much of lesser conditons but rather the room rate was 1/3 higher than I have paid at other Marriott Residence Inns.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a normal Marriott Residence Inn - do not expect it here.