“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Plymouth
Michigan
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I live about 200 miles away from Plymouth and, in August 2012, my family and I found ourselves in need of a reasonably-priced, clean, quiet hotel in which to stay during my mother's nearby emergency hospitalization. Not only was our room clean and comfortable, but it overlooked a quiet, wooded area. Breakfast was more than ample with a different hot item and meat each morning, plus fresh fruit, breads, pastries, yogurt, cereal and make your own Belgian waffles. Moreover, the staff's kindness toward us throughout our stay made a difficult week (Mom passed away) much more bearable.

A few weeks later I returned by myself to this Comfort Inn to visit my dad who resided at a nearby assisted living facility. When I entered the lobby to check in, the front desk receptionist immediately recognized me. Having chatted briefly off and on during our previous stay, she gently asked how I was doing. Another receptionist listened in and offered her condolences. Both were there to greet me again later that evening. When they asked about Dad and learned that his Alzheimer's had now accelerated so rapidly that he had not recognized me, the second receptionist immediately came from behind the counter and gave me a hug. She invited me to come back down to the lobby to talk if I felt that it would help. Their kindness was truly a comfort.

Two weeks later I was back at the Comfort Inn a third time. This time it was due to the emergency hospitalization of my dad. The same front desk receptionist and her colleague greeted me warmly upon my arrival. I was given the same room as I had on my previous stay; and again it was clean, quiet and comfortable. When Dad died just days later, the two front desk receptionists even teared-up.

I'm only sorry that I do not have the receptionists' names, as well as that of the breakfast room attendant, to publicly recognize them in this review for all they did to make my repeated stays as comfortable as possible. It is the staff of this hotel that makes a good hotel even better. They truly give meaning to the name, COMFORT Inn. Kudos and my heartfelt thanks to you!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back (south side) of the hotel overlook a wooded area. Even my first floor room on the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bayern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my favorite hotel when I am in the Livionia region. The hotel is convenient located right off I275. Just 15 minuts from the Detroit airport.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Furniture is getting a little worn out, but still acceptable for this price. The front desk staff is very friendly and well organized.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a month, after relocating for new employment. At nearly $2000.00, listening to the disrespectful cleaning staff was unacceptable. The manager... DAVID, then told me to go stay at the redroof inn, if I didn't like it. He went on saying the "complimentary" shuttle service was only a favor and threw it in my face that we even used it. Yea! ... Disrespectful, immature, and unacceptable. A kid runs what could be a reputable est... Too bad for comfort inns.

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We chose the Comfort Inn in Plymouth due to its proximity to Interstates 275/94/96 and easy access to Ann Arbor and downtown Detroit (we were in town over a weekend to catch a Michigan Wolverines and a Detroit Lions game).

The hotel is clean with decent sized rooms and a large lobby area. It also has a small business center with a computer and printer. While our room was quite comfortable it did have a slightly smoky smell to it. My understanding is that the rooms are being renovated - not clear ours had been done yet (it definitely was a little dated in its look). As with all Comfort Inns, a hot breakfast was included. We appreciated there were lighter items such as yogurt to the usual donuts, bagels, scrambled eggs and sausages.

The staff were extremely friendly, greeting us every time we came into and left the hotel. Our room attendant even asked if we wanted our sheets changed.

While there are few choices nearby to dine out at (apart from your typical fast food joints) it is a short drive to downtown Plymouth where there are some great options (see my review on Fiamma Grill). It's also a relatively short drive to some decent shopping.

The Comfort Inn Plymouth is a good option if you're looking for something inexpensive in the western suburbs of Detroit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated. As of the time of my review room 202 has yet to be updated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Comstock Park, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Newly renovated still has some left. Had pardon our dust signs on the doors. Staff on check in was friendly, but I thought it was strange that the hotel was less than half full and I could not have a second floor room. Being that I am an Platinum Choice Privileges member (not acknowledged my the from desk) I thought that was an easy thing to do. Had issues with the first room and got moved. They serve dinner on Wednesday nights. Consisted of Salad, Pizza, fried chicken, and Baked Mostaccioli, and fresh baked cookies for desert. I am glad I got there when it started as there was not a hot plate or warmer for the food in sight. Unsure after a couple hours of sitting how safe the warm food is for consumption.
Beds were okay sleep quality was okay. Is a little difficult to find as other reviewers mentioned look for the clock tower.
Typical Comfort inn fare for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was most likely the best hotel the hubby and I have ever stayed in and we have stayed in a LOT of them!! The front desk was courteous and helpful...the room was probably the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. It was big and spacious and we didn't even want to leave it the next day. The hotel was extremely quiet and set back in off the main road. It was a welcome break from the chaos we had been enduring - almost like a safe haven. We didn't make use of the outdoor pool because we were so tired, but it looked nice as well. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good - though if I had any complaints at all it would be for the confusion in how that was set up - we were most likely still semi-asleep so the fault could be our own - but the food was all over the room and somewhat hard to get to while waiting in lines and trying to stay out of other peoples way while they ate and tried to watch the tv. We took ours back up to our room and that was better. I would most DEFINATELY stay here again and have actually tried to find things to do in the area so that I had a reason to! Haha Thank you to the staff and other guests for allowing us a moment of reprieve in our stressful life! It was very appreciated!

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just stayed for a business trip. Nice hotel for the money. Outdoor pool was nice, room was clean and comfortable. Courteous staff and a Bennigans right next store. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!