“Still coming here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Plymouth
Bayern
“Still coming here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my favorite hotel when I am in the Livionia region. The hotel is convenient located right off I275. Just 15 minuts from the Detroit airport.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Furniture is getting a little worn out, but still acceptable for this price. The front desk staff is very friendly and well organized.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a month, after relocating for new employment. At nearly $2000.00, listening to the disrespectful cleaning staff was unacceptable. The manager... DAVID, then told me to go stay at the redroof inn, if I didn't like it. He went on saying the "complimentary" shuttle service was only a favor and threw it in my face that we even used it. Yea! ... Disrespectful, immature, and unacceptable. A kid runs what could be a reputable est... Too bad for comfort inns.

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We chose the Comfort Inn in Plymouth due to its proximity to Interstates 275/94/96 and easy access to Ann Arbor and downtown Detroit (we were in town over a weekend to catch a Michigan Wolverines and a Detroit Lions game).

The hotel is clean with decent sized rooms and a large lobby area. It also has a small business center with a computer and printer. While our room was quite comfortable it did have a slightly smoky smell to it. My understanding is that the rooms are being renovated - not clear ours had been done yet (it definitely was a little dated in its look). As with all Comfort Inns, a hot breakfast was included. We appreciated there were lighter items such as yogurt to the usual donuts, bagels, scrambled eggs and sausages.

The staff were extremely friendly, greeting us every time we came into and left the hotel. Our room attendant even asked if we wanted our sheets changed.

While there are few choices nearby to dine out at (apart from your typical fast food joints) it is a short drive to downtown Plymouth where there are some great options (see my review on Fiamma Grill). It's also a relatively short drive to some decent shopping.

The Comfort Inn Plymouth is a good option if you're looking for something inexpensive in the western suburbs of Detroit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated. As of the time of my review room 202 has yet to be updated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Comstock Park, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Newly renovated still has some left. Had pardon our dust signs on the doors. Staff on check in was friendly, but I thought it was strange that the hotel was less than half full and I could not have a second floor room. Being that I am an Platinum Choice Privileges member (not acknowledged my the from desk) I thought that was an easy thing to do. Had issues with the first room and got moved. They serve dinner on Wednesday nights. Consisted of Salad, Pizza, fried chicken, and Baked Mostaccioli, and fresh baked cookies for desert. I am glad I got there when it started as there was not a hot plate or warmer for the food in sight. Unsure after a couple hours of sitting how safe the warm food is for consumption.
Beds were okay sleep quality was okay. Is a little difficult to find as other reviewers mentioned look for the clock tower.
Typical Comfort inn fare for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was most likely the best hotel the hubby and I have ever stayed in and we have stayed in a LOT of them!! The front desk was courteous and helpful...the room was probably the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. It was big and spacious and we didn't even want to leave it the next day. The hotel was extremely quiet and set back in off the main road. It was a welcome break from the chaos we had been enduring - almost like a safe haven. We didn't make use of the outdoor pool because we were so tired, but it looked nice as well. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good - though if I had any complaints at all it would be for the confusion in how that was set up - we were most likely still semi-asleep so the fault could be our own - but the food was all over the room and somewhat hard to get to while waiting in lines and trying to stay out of other peoples way while they ate and tried to watch the tv. We took ours back up to our room and that was better. I would most DEFINATELY stay here again and have actually tried to find things to do in the area so that I had a reason to! Haha Thank you to the staff and other guests for allowing us a moment of reprieve in our stressful life! It was very appreciated!

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed for a business trip. Nice hotel for the money. Outdoor pool was nice, room was clean and comfortable. Courteous staff and a Bennigans right next store. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Grand Blanc MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed one night and the room was clean with a nice setting for much needed business. The hotel had several groups staying, yet remained quiet. Breakfast was a higher standard with eggs and bacon, among other selections. If in the area, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!