“Just Look for the Clocktower!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Plymouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
USA
“Just Look for the Clocktower!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had trouble finding the place because we were arriving after dark. However, we called and the front desk answered and said to look for the Plymouth Clock Tower. Once we saw it all you have to do is drive toward that and then go down Don Massey to the Comfort Inn. It is actually a pretty nice secluded place set back from the main road.

The room was clean and well maintained. We also liked the continental breakfast. The front desk staff were nice. This is certainly on the nicer side when it comes to Comfort Inns. I would defenitely go back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I loved the room, the bed, everything was perfect...until the last day...was woke up at 8am due to them retiling the bathroom in the next room...I couldn't believe it (considering it was Memorial Day) I called the front desk to see if there was anything they could do-they gave me a bag of crackers and chips...ummmm thanks..I meant tell him to knock it off until we checked out ;P

Room Tip: I guess just check and see if they are doing any remodeling before you get a room there!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was just doing research to find a good yet reasonable hotel to stay for a couple days in July. My husband and I will be traveling with 2 teenaged grandsons (both of which really need a get-away) and are on a pretty tight budget. After reading the reviews here and specially noting that management responded to each of them, we will be staying at this Comfort Inn. Thank you. NOTE: We have not stayed yet, however because it is required I am checking that we stayed in May 2012. I am also giving all ratings the hightest mark....mostly because of management response to every single one of the comments made.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was our second stay at the Comfort Inn, the last being in 2006. The hotel this time was just as nice, and the staff were friendly on check in and departure. The room was more than adequate for a short stay, although the bathroom set up was a bit odd with the washhand basin outwith the main bathroom. The breakfast was nice and tasty with good choices, cereals, juice, muffins etc, lovely crisp bacon, but the egg whites were a bit strange, personally speaking whole eggs scrambled would be a lot nicer, maybe not as healthy, but a lot nicer.
Another major bonus was having a branch of Bennigans next door for a bite to eat or just a drink. Overall another nice stay at the Comfort Inn Plymouth.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I travel a lot for business and usually stay at a Choice Hotel type of place. We've never stayed in the Detroit area, but have heard very mixed reviews. The last 3 I read about the Comfort Inn were very positive, so we booked a 2 night stay. Every thing is so good that we added one more night. We really have enjoyed our visit and what a surprise to have a Managers reception on Wednesday night. Salad, pizza and soft drinks all included. If we ever return to this area, this is the place.

Thank you staff for all you did. It was great to meet you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DTTNI, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review!
We just started doing our Manager's Reception on Wednesday nights and I am very glad you were here to enjoy it! We hope to expand on it soon, by adding more food and drinks! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Holt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed for the first time on Feb. 19 for one night. All of the staff I encountered during my stay were pleasant and very friendly. Although the hotel is an older property, it is clean and good shape. I was told they are planning on a complete makeover with renovations to the entire property. I can't wait to come back and see what they've done. I would recommend this place for anyone travelling in the Detroit area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!
You are correct, we are in the planning stages of a full hotel renovation. I hope you can stay with us again in the future to see all of the exciting changes we make!
Bristol, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The nicest Comfort Inn, that I can recall staying at. Very clean and modern. Every staff member that I encountered had a smile, and was extremely helpful and friendly. I look forward to staying at this location, when I am in the area, again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
We have a great team working here and I shared your comments with them all! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!