“Food not great for price, Dueling Piano's Awesome.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Organic, Seafood, Pasta
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Karl's Cabin is a historic log cabin restaurant specializing in Rustic Comfort Food. We are a casual scratch restaurant that offers savory dishes using the best local products within our means. Fresh fish, hand cut steaks, delicious pastas are just a few items on our menu. We offer over 60 wines and 20 Craft Beers on draft. If you prefer let us muddle a cocktail for you. Our friendly staff awaits your visit.
Northville, Michigan
“Food not great for price, Dueling Piano's Awesome.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Honestly I will give you the skinny. I ordered three apps for the table of six and we had to cut everything in half to share it. For 10$ an app's we should have gotten more than 4 shrimp.

As far as the main course I upgraded my salad for $3.50 and I did not know that meant that they were going to just add a couple of walnuts and dried cherries. Felt like I taken for a ride on that.

Main meals were just OK nothing special, one of the group ordered a sandwich which looked like the best deal not the expensive dinners.

I requested a table by the fireplace since that is what I remembered from the last visit and they accommodated me but the fireplace was not lit up and it would have made such a difference in the evening.

They had the dueling pianos for entertainment and that I cannot say enough about them. For $7.00 it was a great deal since they put on a great show for the money.

Over all it made up for the food/value and we walked out and everyone was happy.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lathrup Village, Michigan
“A porterhouse and a good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had an excellent porterhouse steak the other night. The steak was paired with a Michigan brew from one of our favorite places, Bellaire. Blue cheese mash potatoes was good. I'll take the green beans and broccoli, however you can keep the zucchini in the garden. Karl's is a good place to bring your friends for a good conversation before the entertainment starts (which is not every Saturday night). The service is very good. The manager Phyllis and the team who work the bar, and particularly the kitchen, are a good reason to keep coming back

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Michigan
“Bland and Overpriced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been to Karl's Cabin a few times and have tried to like their food. I ordered a patty melt, medium cooked. It came to the table completely raw. The bread was drenched from the raw meat. The server noticed and took it back. It came back the same way. This was after a half an hour. I have not found the salads appealing or the food seasoned. Just another bland, overpriced, restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Selection of Local Beers, including a Beer Flight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've been to Karl's several times, and I've never been disappointed. Everything is well prepared, presented nicely, and priced reasonably. The service is wonderful and so is the beer! Great spot!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth,'MI
“Country cabin in the suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great food, large variety of food frim pasts to steaks to seafood to burgers. All good!
Quaint log cabin in the country. Staff friendly and helpfull. Highly recommend to all

• Visited August 2013