“Little but great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dearborn, Michigan
“Little but great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I went with my wife for Thai food in Plymouth although I do not like Thai, we asked Starbucks personnel for best place in Plymouth and she guided us to this little resturant. It was amazing... Ask for SF5

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Curry was good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If half stars were allowed, I believe 3.5 stars out of 5 would be more befitting of this restaurant. My wife and I ordered takeout from this restaurant, so I cannot speak to the service and atmosphere while dining in. I can say that the person that I spoke with on the phone was very helpful and answered whatever questions I had about their menu items. Another positive is that their menu is quite diverse; even though our experience this first time around was not stellar, there are many items that would encourage us to revisit the restaurant. Now for the food: we ordered the crab rangoon as an appetizer- it was mediocre. For my entree, I had the Massaman Curry, which I thought was actually very well done. Massaman Curry is a fairly complex dish, and achieving an appropriate balance of the various flavors is not easy to achieve. I felt the chef did an excellent job in this. My primary complaint with the preparation was that the vegetables, which did not taste fresh, were overly abundant, whereas the quantity of meat was sparse. There is an option, for around $3.50 more they will provide extra meat, which leads me to believe they're pretty cognizant of this mismatch of ingredients. My wife ordered the Pad Thai, which was much too salty. In fact, for us it was inedible- neither of us could make it past two bites a piece before regretfully relegating the contents of the packaging to the garbage. It's a shame, the noodles were boiled to a perfect consistency, and it could have been a good dish if it wasn't for the salt load. Reading many previous reviews, it appears the restaurant makes this mistake often. If you suffer from hypertension or congestive heart failure, and are bound to a low sodium diet, this dish probably packs over 4-grams of sodium and should be off limits. One final word of warning- the food here is spicy! Which is not a bad thing. I generally get my Thai food prepared 'Thai spicy/Thai hot' (the hottest it can be prepared in most Thai restaurants). Luckily, the gentleman who took my order on the phone strongly advised me to reconsider, and I downgraded to simply 'hot'. Their 'hot' is at least as spicy as most other Thai restaurants 'Thai hot'. So, take note that they run a little spicier than most of their peers. Overall, although it is not the best Thai food in Michigan (Sy Thai-Birmingham, Bangkok 96-Dearborn, and Marnee-Ann Arbor are among my favorites) Little Bangkok Cuisine has good potential if they can address the various hiccups I've cited above. As is, it is still probably one of the better Thai restaurants in Canton-Plymouth area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Michigan
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent Thai food is served here. Especially the soup! Go early or it will be gone. They only make one batch a day. It is a "little" restaurant but the food is notable.

Visited July 2012
Plymouth, Michigan
“Awesome Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Love the dishes here! To have the best experience possible order several dishes between your party and try a little of each dish. The spiciness is hit or miss and they lean towards the spicy so if you don't like like spice at all order 'NO spice' the mild can be spicy so you can order mild, mild+, medium, medium +, hot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Thai Food in Plymouth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We love this little cafe whether we eat in or carry out. The food is consistently good and fresh. Friendly and fast service.

Visited December 2012